or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 1790

post #26836 of 136046
You saw it here first, guys.

Oscar de la Renta cardi for $14.99 brand new yesterday at Macy's!
Polo heavy wool pants
Etienne Aigner knit tie
JAB semi spread in light blue
Allen Edmonds (sueded)
$2 Clubmaster Chinese knockoffs
12 year old Jack Russell Terrier holding out hope for a rabbit lunch.

P2230422.jpg
post #26837 of 136046
Start a new goddamn thread if you want to bitch back and forth about whether or not Goodwill is sketchy.
post #26838 of 136046
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klobber View Post

Talking of Aquascutum, found a sport coat and it was fully canvassed, hand ticked lapels, and handmade button holes. Any idea if these guys went bespoke - there are no tags anywhere to be found in the garment?

Quoting myself, perhaps I will rephrase the question to find an answer so that it does not get skimmed over while we try to digest all the other activity here.

Aquascutum, found fine sport coat thrifting, handmade, canvassed, its the good stuff. No size or material tags, nothing like that. You guys know if Aquascutum did Bespoke or get pieces made by the Row? This piece is minted like it was made by one of the high end brands / tailors (the hand and garment shape reminds me of older Ralph Lauren Purple Label made in England).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digmenow View Post

You saw it here first, guys.
Oscar de la Renta cardi for $14.99 brand new yesterday at Macy's!
Polo heavy wool pants
Etienne Aigner knit tie
JAB semi spread in light blue
Allen Edmonds (sueded)
$2 Clubmaster Chinese knockoffs
12 year old Jack Russell Terrier holding out hope for a rabbit lunch.
P2230422.jpg

Nice, I have also started to notice on your pics you got fine pair(s) of Ray Ban's. What do you do on a cloudy day though laugh.gif?
post #26839 of 136046


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digmenow View Post

You saw it here first, guys.
Oscar de la Renta cardi for $14.99 brand new yesterday at Macy's!
Polo heavy wool pants
Etienne Aigner knit tie
JAB semi spread in light blue
Allen Edmonds (sueded)
$2 Clubmaster Chinese knockoffs
12 year old Jack Russell Terrier holding out hope for a rabbit lunch.
P2230422.jpg


This guy gets it.  Doesn't mind rocking cursed names and knock off products as long as they look good.  Do the proceeds of your style go to charity?

 

 

post #26840 of 136046
Quote:
Originally Posted by acosbysweater View Post


 


This guy gets it.  Doesn't mind rocking cursed names and knock off products as long as they look good.  Do the proceeds of your style go to charity?

 

 



To quote Potemkin, it goes to the "sketchy" one. Where is the Jack Russell?

post #26841 of 136046
Dig has it down how to get most bang for the $$$. I like how he mentioned he'll buy a cheaper item to try it out before upgrading.
post #26842 of 136046

I was wondering about the dog too.

 

Does anyone like big heavy USA-made Pendleton wool trousers? Got a pair that measures 34x31, 3" hemmed, small hole that would be covered by the belt buckle. Perhaps like a pinhole on the rear, but I couldn't even tell for sure if it was a hole. If this speaks to you, let me know, otherwise it goes back because I realized too late that they would no way in Hell fit me. Will PM pix if wanted.

post #26843 of 136046
Quote:
Originally Posted by lastdonb View Post



To quote Potemkin, it goes to the "sketchy" one. Where is the Jack Russell?



In the bottom right corner... in the bushes.

 

post #26844 of 136046
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkidd41011 View Post

Dig has it down how to get most bang for the $$$. I like how he mentioned he'll buy a cheaper item to try it out before upgrading.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by acosbysweater View Post

This guy gets it.  Doesn't mind rocking cursed names and knock off products as long as they look good.  

 

+1. A lesson to take to heart.
 

 

post #26845 of 136046
A dog? I thought DigMeNow (whose name I pronounce as Dig'meow) was a cat person. =^.^=
post #26846 of 136046
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawz View Post

A dog? I thought DigMeNow (whose name I pronounce as Dig'meow) was a cat person. =^.^=


Compared to our Sheppard / Wolf Mix a Jack Russell is a cat.

post #26847 of 136046

Quick question: I saw someone here mention Missoni the other day, but I thought Target sold their stuff.  Are they crap or not...and if some is crap, how do you distinguish?  It felt ok/not like utter crap.  Here's the Missoni SC, and a Pringle sweater I found recently. 

 

100_7771.JPG

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

100_7772.JPG

100_7773.JPG

100_7774.JPG

 

100_7775.JPG

 

Sewn-on buttonholes, which leads me to believe it's crap.

 

 

 

 

100_7776.JPG

post #26848 of 136046

Any chance you are thinking of Mossimo? 

 

Back in the 90s, Mossimo sold mid-high end denim, et al.  Now they are a Target brand. 

Quote:
but I thought Target sold their stuff.

 

post #26849 of 136046
My Marshalls had new Brioni and Kiton shirts for $99. Not a stellar price, but about the lowest I have seen. As for thrifting......I can't remember. A few bags of something not so noteworthy...
post #26850 of 136046
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroFan View Post

Quick question: I saw someone here mention Missoni the other day, but I thought Target sold their stuff.  Are they crap or not...and if some is crap, how do you distinguish?  It felt ok/not like utter crap.  Here's the Missoni SC, and a Pringle sweater I found recently. 

 

100_7771.JPG

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

100_7772.JPG

100_7773.JPG

100_7774.JPG

 

100_7775.JPG

 

Sewn-on buttonholes, which leads me to believe it's crap.

 

 

 

 

100_7776.JPG


That isn't crap, I am not sure about the rest of their stuff because I have limited experience handling it. I mentioned Missoni, it was a dress shirt also Made in Italy. Your right, Missoni created a line for Target, however it is considered high end fashion. Their stuff can be found in Neiman's, Nordstrom's, Saks, etc. and is known for the crazy color styles and patterns. They also make home products and I think they have a hotel?

 

Check this out: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mens-VTG-Missoni-Sport-Multi-Color-Sweater-Vest-Cardigan-M-/110826228769?pt=US_CSA_MC_Vests&hash=item19cdc20c21

 

I am not sure how the SC's sell though, sorry.

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread