or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 1787

post #26791 of 112273

I scored a NWOT pair of Raleigh Denim Nash raw straight fit jeans in my size from a clothing exchange store a couple of blocks from my house. They were a floor model worn by a mannequin at some high-end boutique for a season before ending up there.

 

Original retail > $275.00.

 

Marked > $84.00.  

Paid > $0.00 (thanks to the balance on my trade card).  icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif    

post #26792 of 112273
240
post #26793 of 112273
Quote:
Originally Posted by valium View Post



 
you dont have to take either of our words just go to this page,the examples i listed are only the first four of about 40 reported cases from that threa
ad alone 
here you go,cant argue with facts and CONVICTIONS!!!

http://www.amazonsellercommunity.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=173496&start=0&tstart=0


Quote:
Originally Posted by Klobber View Post

Disagreement over GW - good job I have absolutely no idea about them - I always enjoyed a decent argument or difference of opinion. Argue away guys, maybe an ignorant fellow like me can learn something.
lurker%5B1%5D.gif

[/SPOILER]

Dont want to sound stoopid here, but WTF is that and what size? Outfit for sale, shirt, whats avail?



Uh, you just proved my point.

Every example you have cited is wrongdoing by individual chapters, and the Illinois case is more than a decade old. The Santa Clara case dates back to 2003. I haven't bothered checking the others, but, if you like, I will, keeping in mind that you accused GW as a whole of being under investigation as we speak. As I said, the integrity of any local charity, including GW, is dependent on the quality of leadership and the vigilance of the community, and GW has never pretended anything else. To paint an entire charity as corrupt based on isolated scandals that stretch no further than one town or county is misleading and erroneous, analogous to calling all Scoutmasters child molesters based on a smattering of pervs. To its credit, a GW chapter in Wisconsin, after being hit by an embezzling employee, published a handbook on how to prevent such misdeeds that included a blow-by-blow of how it happened to them and then sent the publication gratis to every GW in the nation. And if you won't take my word for that, I'll find you a link. Digging your grave even deeper, you hold up VV, which is arguably a for-profit front that uses the name of charities to bolster its image, as an example of virtue. That's just plain stupid, my man. I've forgotten more about thrift stores than you'll ever know, and if you want to keep up this silly argument that GW is generically corrupt, bring it.
post #26794 of 112273

read the links.i rest my case.and my balls..on your face
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnutpug View Post


Uh, you just proved my point.
Every example you have cited is wrongdoing by individual chapters, and the Illinois case is more than a decade old. The Santa Clara case dates back to 2003. I haven't bothered checking the others, but, if you like, I will, keeping in mind that you accused GW as a whole of being under investigation as we speak. As I said, the integrity of any local charity, including GW, is dependent on the quality of leadership and the vigilance of the community, and GW has never pretended anything else. To paint an entire charity as corrupt based on isolated scandals that stretch no further than one town or county is misleading and erroneous, analogous to calling all Scoutmasters child molesters based on a smattering of pervs. To its credit, a GW chapter in Wisconsin, after being hit by an embezzling employee, published a handbook on how to prevent such misdeeds that included a blow-by-blow of how it happened to them and then sent the publication gratis to every GW in the nation. And if you won't take my word for that, I'll find you a link. Digging your grave even deeper, you hold up VV, which is arguably a for-profit front that uses the name of charities to bolster its image, as an example of virtue. That's just plain stupid, my man. I've forgotten more about thrift stores than you'll ever know, and if you want to keep up this silly argument that GW is generically corrupt, bring it.


 

post #26795 of 112273

Found three fully canvassed Tom James jackets that fit, one of which could work as a sport coat; the other two were identical gray pinstriped suit jackets, and I couldn't find the pants. Too bad; I could probably use a suit like that. Also, a Hickey Freeman plain charcoal jacket (surely half a suit?) that was like five sizes too big. Also an awesome made-in-USA full-length herringbone tweed overcoat that I had to leave because it was just way too big (like a 48). How I wanted that bad boy to fit. My Goodwill must have hit a going-out-of-business sale at a formalwear place because there were tons of identical rental tux jackets there (with no pants). Oh yes, and a cool textured tie, black with a pattern of tan discs that look like records, made in Italy for Bernini Beverly Hills.

 

Then, Haines & Bonner and irregular Brooks Bros. ties at Marshalls, three pairs of sub-$50 NWT Zanella flat-front pants and a blue cashmere tie at N. Rack, and an Armani Jeans shirt and blue herringbone Pink shirt, both too small for me but bought for resale. A productive day, all told.

post #26796 of 112273
Quote:
Originally Posted by valium View Post

read the links.i rest my case.and my balls..on your face

 



You wish.

I read the links. I read the bullshit Amazon thread from sour grapes pissed because they think GW charges too much for stuff (which may or may not be the case, but the money, at least, goes to a good cause and this is, after all, America) and yakking about GW getting money from the government, which, in fact, it should when it comes to landing grants for providing services to the disabled. If you don't like Medicaid, then bitch to your congressman for funding the program, not to GW for applying for grants. And don't forget that the vast majority of GW's money comes from thrift stores, not from the government. As I said earlier, you can look that up--every tax return for every GW chapter in the country is online. That's transparency, not a bunch of wipeasses talking shit because they can't buy Burberry from GW for fifty cents anymore.
post #26797 of 112273
Quote:
Originally Posted by valium View Post

lol actually i have a fine ass 26 year old asian gf calling my name for the last hour.

look man,i made a comment.the guy said i was full of shit so i just posted numerous irrefutable proof in black and white.thats why he hasnt said anything since.

case closed 
 



 

If thats how you autoomatically describe your significant other I think you have more problems than arguing in a thrift thread acting like a fool.
post #26798 of 112273

Quote:

Originally Posted by ledude View Post

Found three fully canvassed Tom James jackets that fit, one of which could work as a sport coat; the other two were identical gray pinstriped suit jackets, and I couldn't find the pants. Too bad; I could probably use a suit like that. Also, a Hickey Freeman plain charcoal jacket (surely half a suit?) that was like five sizes too big. Also an awesome made-in-USA full-length herringbone tweed overcoat that I had to leave because it was just way too big (like a 48). How I wanted that bad boy to fit. My Goodwill must have hit a going-out-of-business sale at a formalwear place because there were tons of identical rental tux jackets there (with no pants). Oh yes, and a cool textured tie, black with a pattern of tan discs that look like records, made in Italy for Bernini Beverly Hills.

 

Then, Haines & Bonner and irregular Brooks Bros. ties at Marshalls, three pairs of sub-$50 NWT Zanella flat-front pants and a blue cashmere tie at N. Rack, and an Armani Jeans shirt and blue herringbone Pink shirt, both too small for me but bought for resale. A productive day, all told.


I don't know how some of you guys find such good deals at Nordstrom Rack. The cheapest pair of Zanella's I have seen were at the end of the season sale and they were still marked over $100. Same with the ties, $60 for a Canali?  It is probably because of the enormous mall that is across the street (Curse the area I live).

 

post #26799 of 112273
Quote:
Originally Posted by tben View Post

Quote:


I don't know how some of you guys find such good deals at Nordstrom Rack. The cheapest pair of Zanella's I have seen were at the end of the season sale and they were still marked over $100. Same with the ties, $60 for a Canali?  It is probably because of the enormous mall that is across the street (Curse the area I live).

N. Rack is a hit or miss store... mostly miss these days.
post #26800 of 112273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imhoff View Post

N. Rack is a hit or miss store... mostly miss these days.

nature of the beast.. their shoe selection sucks balls as of late. frown.gif
post #26801 of 112273
Quote:
Originally Posted by valium View Post

read the links.i rest my case.and my balls..on your face

i dont have any particular interest in this argument
but lol
post #26802 of 112273
Quote:
Originally Posted by valium View Post

lol actually i have a fine ass 26 year old asian gf calling my name for the last hour.


HOLY SHIT, FRENCHY, is that you?


(Good finds? Check. Argues incessantly? Check. Asian girlfriend in twenties, often quoted as *calling his name*, and for *X hours*? ding! ding! ding! )


HO4uW.png



cddUd.jpg


Ha-HA! Detective n00bizor has cracked the case!
post #26803 of 112273


theres a difference between sour grapes and CONVICTIONS!!!!!!!!!! helloooooo convitions.

yes those are from 2003 and 2004 does that make it okay? all taht means the shit they are up to CURRENTLY just hasnt been exposed yet.

why do you keep defending a corrupt organization,do you work for them in some way maybe? 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnutpug View Post


You wish.
I read the links. I read the bullshit Amazon thread from sour grapes pissed because they think GW charges too much for stuff (which may or may not be the case, but the money, at least, goes to a good cause and this is, after all, America) and yakking about GW getting money from the government, which, in fact, it should when it comes to landing grants for providing services to the disabled. If you don't like Medicaid, then bitch to your congressman for funding the program, not to GW for applying for grants. And don't forget that the vast majority of GW's money comes from thrift stores, not from the government. As I said earlier, you can look that up--every tax return for every GW chapter in the country is online. That's transparency, not a bunch of wipeasses talking shit because they can't buy Burberry from GW for fifty cents anymore.


 

post #26804 of 112273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Nickels View Post

nature of the beast.. their shoe selection sucks balls as of late. frown.gif

Sometimes, you can snag some Santoni's or the occasional AEs.... but very rarely. Most of the time all they have is *shudder* Steve Maddens *shudder*
post #26805 of 112273

hmm dont know who frenchy is,you know theres more then one asian girl in her twenties though right?  
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobizor View Post


HOLY SHIT, FRENCHY, is that you?
(Good finds? Check. Argues incessantly? Check. Asian girlfriend in twenties, often quoted as *calling his name*, and for *X hours*? ding! ding! ding! )
HO4uW.png
cddUd.jpg
Ha-HA! Detective n00bizor has cracked the case!


 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread