or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 1772

post #26566 of 125336
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkmatter7 View Post



& @JRD

I love this thread, but the two main reasons are profit, and time.  I need to maximize my profits, and people on here expect less than 50% of ebay, and I feel bad when I ask for high prices.  I also am a full time college student, and this + a personal crisis has left me behind in my schoolwork, so I don't have the time to take all of the measurements and pictures =/.

Oh no, I'd pay better than that. Not looking for thrift cheapy prices. But of course depends what you have. Maybe Spoo would be the best option for you
post #26567 of 125336
Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhoid Jones View Post

I'm a 38 R... just sayin'...   smile.gif

Got a ZZegna in B&S right now. biggrin.gif
post #26568 of 125336
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beck View Post

-Willis & Gieger Grey with blue windowpane button up. (Available)

Put that thing on eBay and watch the fireworks. nod[1].gif
post #26569 of 125336
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrd617 View Post

Oh no, I'd pay better than that. Not looking for thrift cheapy prices. But of course depends what you have. Maybe Spoo would be the best option for you
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrd617 View Post

Got a ZZegna in B&S right now. biggrin.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrd617 View Post

Put that thing on eBay and watch the fireworks. nod[1].gif


Think this is what the "Multi" button is for on the bottom nest.gif

post #26570 of 125336
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianpore View Post



Think this is what the "Multi" button is for on the bottom nest.gif

peepwall[1].gif
post #26571 of 125336
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianpore View Post



Think this is what the "Multi" button is for on the bottom nest.gif

peepwall[1].gif
post #26572 of 125336
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianpore View Post



Think this is what the "Multi" button is for on the bottom nest.gif

peepwall[1].gif
post #26573 of 125336
Definitely far and away the nicest pair of casual pants I have ever tried on. One size smaller and I would seriously consider having to keep these.

467
post #26574 of 125336
You should be able to get those tailored. Nice Pants. biggrin.gif
post #26575 of 125336
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrd617 View Post

peepwall[1].gif
This was pretty good; triple post.
post #26576 of 125336

Today, I got a navy two-button Ermenegildo Zegna jacket, an Orvis houndstooth jacket, an unstructured silk/linen/wool jacket, and a pair of Orvis tan suede chukka boots that look like they've been worn maybe a couple times (there's a small smudge on one toe and the soles are darkened from walking outside, but that's it; they're available to anyone who takes a size 10).

 

Also: A light blue long-sleeved polo-collar cashmere sweater, a yellow Izod Lacoste sweater (Lacoste is available, undecided on the other), a couple of pairs of $3 Gap/BR chinos to bum around in, and a Polo dressing gown in blackwatch tartan, new with tags. It's a men's small, so it ought to work as a present to my girlfriend so she has something nice and comfy to lounge around in at my house.

 

Passed up: A couple of interesting jackets, including one peak-lapelled light-grey thing with surgeon's cuffs that was apparently custom-made in Hong Kong; some trousers of questionable provenance, some Polo trousers whose color I couldn't discern as I am not too hot with the color-recognition thing, and some Polo chinos that made my ass look like it should be advertising tires; and a pair of AE tassel loafers in my size (the leather was sorta beat up and they have tassels, and neither quality appeals to me very much).

 

Oh, and there was one pair of dark-blue pants that, when I looked inside for labels, revealed a nice, healthy skid mark. I almost ralphed.

post #26577 of 125336
262 263

made by Hugo Boss. I also found a pair of woolen trousers made by PS by Paul Smith. Both were too big for me, I can't remember the size of the sport jacket, the trousers were 34". To find sport coats sized 36 R/S and trousers 30" are hard, imagine how hard it is to try to find quality clothing in those sizes then.

I am leaving for London tomorrow and will be there until Sunday, would any kind soul be able to tell me if there is any good thrifting spots in London? I would be forever thankful.
post #26578 of 125336
Quote:
Originally Posted by ledude View Post


Passed up: A couple of interesting jackets, including one peak-lapelled light-grey thing with surgeon's cuffs that was apparently custom-made in Hong Kong...

I've actually seen a couple made in Hong Kong jackets recently. I've seen them mentioned of late, and I don't know if it's I'm paying attention or what, but I've only seem maybe one or two previously.
post #26579 of 125336

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vimsig View Post

made by Hugo Boss. I also found a pair of woolen trousers made by PS by Paul Smith. Both were too big for me, I can't remember the size of the sport jacket, the trousers were 34". To find sport coats sized 36 R/S and trousers 30" are hard, imagine how hard it is to try to find quality clothing in those sizes then.
I am leaving for London tomorrow and will be there until Sunday, would any kind soul be able to tell me if there is any good thrifting spots in London? I would be forever thankful.


Thrifting in london is really hard. Everything is expensive! I saw Brioni suit for 200 pounds more than once.

post #26580 of 125336

     Quote:

Originally Posted by Vimsig View Post

I am leaving for London tomorrow and will be there until Sunday, would any kind soul be able to tell me if there is any good thrifting spots in London? I would be forever thankful.


My wife just got back from London this weekend and she went to a few thrift stores there:

 

OXFAM @ 5 Gloucester St. (Gloucester Tube Stop) - This is where she found a black top frame briefcase by Papworth Travel goods for £14 on a different business trip.  icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

OXFAM @ 23 Drury Lane (Covent Garden Tube Stop).

Salvation Army @ 9 Princes St. (Oxford Circus Tube Stop) - This is where she found a black leather and ballistic nylon messenger bag by Bally also on a different business trip.

British Red Cross @ 67 Old Church St. (Sloane Square Tube Stop).

 

 

 

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread