Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 3/25/17 at 1:03pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 3/26/17 at 7:37am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 12/7/16 at 2:35pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 7/1/16 at 12:12am in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 1757post #26342 of 1387282/18/12 at 3:16pmpost #26343 of 1387282/18/12 at 3:17pmQuote:
Never did complete Contra as a kid, too difficult. Metroid = classic. Maybe I will download an emulator to play it again.
Anyone here remember Ghost n Goblins on the arcade? That has got to be one of the toughest games ever!post #26344 of 1387282/18/12 at 3:20pm
Quote:Originally Posted by acosbysweater
Don't knock (modern) Dockers until you've tried them. The D1 slim fit cut and the Alpha Khakis are A+ for fit and materials at their $65 MSRP. I've yet to don a pair of Bill's, but you would still have a hard time finding that perfect pair of Bill's for $65, even at eBay prices. I've only seen a few M3s on eBay and a handful on this thread, so if you need good fitting khakis now and price is a constraint, those newer Dockers are spot on.
Ignore this if you love pleats and have a generously sized waist.
It's not that I'm knocking them, I own 'em. But it's more the wading through "all" the dockers, I don't want more Dockers, I want KITON....Love to find a pair of "Bills", when I'm wading through the Dockers, I'm thinking Bills (until I'm past the kahki colors, then I want KITON)post #26345 of 1387282/18/12 at 3:23pmpost #26346 of 1387282/18/12 at 3:29pmQuote:
Definitely worth grabbing if they're not dated (low gorge, low button stance, etc). If the inside pocket has the large square label that looks like the photo below, it's fairly new (for Oxxford anyway, seeing as a lot of them that I've found are pre 1990). I think they switched to this label in 1994.
Anyway, 43 R is my size and a lot of others on here as well. It'll be well worth grabbing them at that price.Quote:
Thread winner of the year award goes to.......
Seriously - a vicuna Kiton!?! That's the the grail of holy grails! Looks like some sort of coat/jacket to me as I can kind of see the sleeve lining. Retail on that sucker is what, $12,000 minimum?post #26347 of 1387282/18/12 at 3:30pmpost #26348 of 1387282/18/12 at 3:31pmpost #26349 of 1387282/18/12 at 3:42pmpost #26350 of 1387282/18/12 at 3:51pmHoly shit I thought I had a chance to at least win the day but good lord. I just googled vicuña:
http://www.departures.com/articles/vicuna-the-worlds-rarest-fabricQuote:An adult vicuña produces only 17 ounces of fiber a year, barely enough for a single scarf. “It takes at least three years to get enough to make just 14 coats,” de Matteis says.
I've gotta expand my thrifting. Are you all hitting consignment spots or something, I have finds consistently but damn I feel like I must be missing out sticking mostly to my GWs and few other spots.
Edit: Lol only this thread can make me feel bad about finding a Dunhill jacket .post #26351 of 1387282/18/12 at 3:53pm
Something a lot of people don't realize is the Kirkland stuff is often pretty decent stuff. $$$-Brand cookware, $1200. Kirkland-labeled of the exact same cookware, $400. $$$-Label wine, $75. Kirkland-labeled of the exact same wine, $25. Not always, but generally speaking, Kirkland gets their name on fairly decent stuff.
About the pants--if they hadn't said Kirkland, would you have bought them? Let the quality have its say, too.post #26352 of 1387282/18/12 at 3:55pmQuote:
It varies. My actual size is a 10.5 D, but I have a lot of foot pain (probably due to several hours of thrifting a day) and need to wear prescribed custom orthotics. So I usually wear New Balance 10.5 4E or 11 4E. These shoes are 11.5 E and have just enough room for the orthotics. I really struggle to find dress shoes that don't hurt my feet after an hour or so. I've come across several pairs that I actually love, but just can't stand to be in them.post #26353 of 1387282/18/12 at 4:36pmQuote:
DIBS no matter what size it is for my dad brother cousin future eBay client self cool cool thankspost #26354 of 1387282/18/12 at 4:45pmpost #26355 of 1387282/18/12 at 4:52pm
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 1 minute ago
- › Styleforum's "Just what Santa should have brought" Viberg GMTO... 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › PSA - STP falke socks 3 minutes ago
- › Jeeves x Vass MTO and GMTO Central Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 9 minutes ago
- › The Frank Leder thread 10 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 10 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 11 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 16 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...