Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 12:54 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 1/21/17 at 9:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 12/7/16 at 2:35pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 7/1/16 at 12:12am in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 1560post #23386 of 1387281/19/12 at 6:58pmpost #23387 of 1387281/19/12 at 7:10pmQuote:
Thanks Greg and Henryboogers. Ask and ye shall receive...
I could not get a good pix of the inside of the shoe, but it reads: 10 E/C 20263148
then space down flush right sort of: 23731
Edited by Shiny - 1/20/12 at 9:29pmpost #23388 of 1387281/19/12 at 7:17pmpost #23389 of 1387281/19/12 at 7:21pmQuote:
Dang - wish it were like that here! We have a boutique called Second Debut and the managers comb each rack of clothes over before sending them out onto the floor. At certain stores (in the high end areas), they do know what they're doing too.
If they did it here as they do where you live, there would be a better chance at scoring something. Here the stuff doesn't even see the sales floor.post #23390 of 1387281/19/12 at 7:26pmpost #23391 of 1387281/19/12 at 7:30pmQuote:
In these pictures look at the microcreases. You do not get them in shell. Those hills and valleys happen both in shell and corrected grain leather, especially when shoe trees are underutilizrd or shoes are big. Sometimes people overuse wax polish and they accumulate in the valleys. These might give the impression of a microcrease in a photo. I think yours are just plain microcrease. So I still think they are not.
A more definite resource than me would be to post them at AAAC forum, shell or not thread. Guys there are really good. Some of my tradly brethren there are also here (since thrifting is definitely trad!! ), and they may chime in.post #23392 of 1387281/19/12 at 7:38pmQuote:Originally Posted by Shiny
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I could not get a good pix of the inside of the shoe, but it reads: 10 E/C 25263168
then space down flush right sort of: 25738
Here is a pair of Shells for comparison. See how there are no microcreases, but there are still ripples.post #23393 of 1387281/19/12 at 7:48pmpost #23394 of 1387281/19/12 at 7:57pmpost #23395 of 1387281/19/12 at 8:03pmQuote:
This goes back to the post from yesterday...did this turn from the "thrift bragging thread" to the "what did I thrift, how much is it worth and does anyone want to buy them thread"? Or am I totally off base?post #23396 of 1387281/19/12 at 8:13pmQuote:Originally Posted by Digmenow
Waaaaay in the opposite direction that this thread usually goes, I picked up a pair of Chinese knockoffs of the RayBan Clubman style sunglasses today for $1.50. I like trying the cheap stuff to see if I can really live with the style before I drop real money on a pair. Let me know if ya'll are just dying to see a pic.
I figure everyone was just too shy to ask so here's my buck fitties.
Warning: Extreme close up (Click to show)
$145 for the real thing at J.Crew. I may have to take the plunge.
Edited by Digmenow - 1/19/12 at 8:35pmpost #23397 of 1387281/19/12 at 8:16pmpost #23398 of 1387281/19/12 at 8:23pmpost #23399 of 1387281/19/12 at 8:25pmQuote:
yeah, that was kind of the direction I was headed... I might even throw in that Harris Tweed coat for "cheap" if you come up with something, though!
Tonight's haul out of three stores, but most of it out of just one... guys, you know how Nataku and Mainy remind everyone to "hit up the same store" - they don't mean "a couple of days later" THEY MEAN TOMORROW. Here's what I pulled out of that one store that I got the Canali Sport pants from yesterday (which nobody commented on the tag of, has nobody seen it?):
7 for All Mankind jeans size 31 (not pictured, available)
J.W. Nordstrom 94% wool 6% cashmere Loro Piana fabric flat front pants... model name "Duncan" - am I wrong in thinking these could be made by Zanella? Already taken.
Just a label shot if anyone has any ideas/thoughts on it:
Recent black label Corneliani suit, size 54R IT (44R US), super 100's, side vented, available:
NWT Alan Flusser 100% cashmere sweater, size L, available:
And out of another store...
This nifty pair of H.S. Trask bison leather boots. Size 7.5M... didn't realize how small they were but they're nifty and available!post #23400 of 1387281/19/12 at 8:34pm
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Kamakura Shirts - Madison Ave Store 23 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 52 seconds ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 3 minutes ago
- › Styleforum App? Styleforum would get a huge marketing boost and... 5 minutes ago
- › ENZO BONAFÉ MTO and GMTO Central 5 minutes ago
- › Locate Tailor 6 minutes ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 10 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 10 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...