Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 11:59 am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 6/15/16 at 6:22pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 6/1/16 at 8:43am in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 6/23/16 at 12:32pm in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 1532post #22966 of 1387281/13/12 at 8:15pmI went through my mid - late 1990's Versace phase. Moschino another super loud brand I used to love during that period and Just Cavalli in late 1990's/early 2000's. I am glad I made it through in one piece and am now in the process of restoring my dignity. The only loud brand that I still buy is Etro, I dont know why I love this brand so much.post #22967 of 1387281/13/12 at 8:18pm
i have a Etro suit thats all business on the outside and a party on the inside with some psychedelic lining man.
if you love ETRO check out Duchamp,they take it to the next level
Quote:Originally Posted by Klobber
I went through my mid - late 1990's Versace phase. Moschino another super loud brand I used to love during that period and Just Cavalli in late 1990's/early 2000's. I am glad I made it through in one piece and am now in the process of restoring my dignity. The only loud brand that I still buy is Etro, I dont know why I love this brand so much.post #22968 of 1387281/13/12 at 8:24pmQuote:
Your wife is my kinda lady, Nat.
For those who give a hoot, Lady Gaga there was wearing all 1991-1993 vintage GV. Donatella opened up her archives for her and allowed her to wear virtually everything from Giannis hey day. The "Bondage" collection was no doubt some of Gagas favs, and I am sure were not returned. By no small accident, this was just before the launch of the Versace x H&M collection, and the two ensuing collections that Donatella released were heavily influenced from her brothers baroque creations.Quote:
Madonna and Versace jewelry have a long history. She was also the ambassador for the "Tiara" collection, all D flawless diamonds, limited to 3 or so of each in the world IIRC. Madonna also wore the real Tiara (hence the name of the collection) in a famous ad campaign. It cost over $3,000,000 and was all internally flawless diamonds.post #22969 of 1387281/13/12 at 8:26pmQuote:Originally Posted by hyakku
TL: DR Here's some pics of cool shirts, went back and grabbed the T&As and Canali for whoever was interested (Striped red is french cuffs style, other two are three button T&A style)..
No overcoat when you went back?post #22970 of 1387281/13/12 at 8:30pmQuote:Originally Posted by Klobber
I went through my mid - late 1990's Versace phase. Moschino another super loud brand I used to love during that period and Just Cavalli in late 1990's/early 2000's. I am glad I made it through in one piece and am now in the process of restoring my dignity. The only loud brand that I still buy is Etro, I dont know why I love this brand so much.
I've got an Etro around size 45 I think that you might like... Not the really loud stuff, much more wearable.post #22971 of 1387281/13/12 at 9:29pmRe. HF Bespoke. I saw one of these once. I don't think it was actually bespoke as it did not have the original owner's name on it. It had another tag that was Neiman Marcus, though. So it may have been one of those deals where they try to imbue class with a slogan like "fine corinthian leather..."post #22972 of 1387281/13/12 at 10:19pmQuote:
PM me with a pic, I may definitely be interestedQuote:
Got one similar to this early last year
Duchamp stuff is cool, shirts are wacky in a non offensive way.
Problem with Etro suits though is they are fused. I have one at home that I like but it bugs me that it is not canvassed. I can thank Styleforum for that.post #22973 of 1387281/13/12 at 10:54pmQuote:Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Your wife is my kinda lady, Nat.
For those who give a hoot, Lady Gaga there was wearing all 1991-1993 vintage GV. Donatella opened up her archives for her and allowed her to wear virtually everything from Giannis hey day. The "Bondage" collection was no doubt some of Gagas favs, and I am sure were not returned. By no small accident, this was just before the launch of the Versace x H&M collection, and the two ensuing collections that Donatella released were heavily influenced from her brothers baroque creations.
Wow Spoo, you really are the Versace Wizard! I looked and could kinda tell they were Versace but could no way pinpoint their vintage. Amazing!post #22974 of 1387281/13/12 at 11:18pm
Seriously. Spoo is some sort of Wikipedia for Versace. I fully expect that 500 years from now - when humanity has manged to fully fuck itself over - future humans will be regaled with tales of an odd designer by the name of "Versace" in Spoo's centuries-previously-recorded voice, a la "The Time Machine." Observe:
(also, lol @ a black, more sassy Spoo. Also, please find out the maker of that 19th century mini- cravate cuz that shit is fucking sick and I would rock it all day long. Thanks.)
Edited by AndroFan - 1/13/12 at 11:31pmpost #22975 of 1387281/14/12 at 12:36ampost #22976 of 1387281/14/12 at 3:57ampost #22977 of 1387281/14/12 at 4:55amQuote:
No! We must have conformity! Assimilate or perish.post #22978 of 1387281/14/12 at 7:24amQuote:Originally Posted by valium
Nataku i know you like records,to go with the Thorens i got the other day:a mid century Rosewood record cabinet.this retailed $800 in 1964,bought for $80 bucks.
Damn Valium that is nice. With that and the turntable you have no excuse not to expand (or step up) the vinyl collection ( Do you think you could get the back fixed where someone was dumbass and wildly cut cabling holes through? I'm gulity of that on the Ikea shelf we use for our TV...but it's IKEA!!!!
FWIW...$800.00 in 1964 adjusts to $5,838.19 in 2011.post #22979 of 1387281/14/12 at 8:42am
A little late to the game on this, but I saw a Versace tie the other day at Marshall's. It'd been marked down to $40 with various red tags stacked one another. It was yellow with a few blue dots and a ton of Medusa heads all over it. I'm not sure how long it'd been there, so I can't help with a timeline for the markdowns.post #22980 of 1387281/14/12 at 10:41am
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › 50 New Blazers / Sport Coats - All Size / All Brands - Free Shipping 1 minute ago
- › Paul Smith blazer 4 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 8 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 8 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 20 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 21 minutes ago
- › NIB US 10D Ralph Lauren Chelsea boots 22 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 23 minutes ago
- › What Type of Fabric is This? 23 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding