Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 8:29 am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 6/27/16 at 10:53pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 6/1/16 at 8:43am in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on Today at 12:12 am in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 1527post #22891 of 1387281/13/12 at 9:01ampost #22892 of 1387281/13/12 at 9:12amQuote:Originally Posted by mikeH
It was this one:
I had been watching it when it was still pretty low, but decided that I just wasn't in love with something about it and that it would probably get too rich for my blood. After it closed it came up on the "Cool Shoes ..." thread, and there was some skepticism about one of the zero ratings bidders.
Wow, regardless if there was a shill bidder or not, the other guy still bid that high, which is insane.post #22893 of 1387281/13/12 at 9:20am
No photos yet, but on my lunch break I found a few nice SCs. Will post pics later this afternoon.
Beige Loro Piana Cashmere - I believe it was for Barneys
Nice Classic Blue w/ gold button Burberry DB with 2 tone logo buttons.
Another Classic Blue w/ gold button Chester Barrie for Saks
And a nice dark brown Harris tweed.
And to think I wasn't going to venture out today.post #22894 of 1387281/13/12 at 9:33ampost #22895 of 1387281/13/12 at 9:39ampost #22896 of 1387281/13/12 at 9:59amAt $80 you may as well keep it. Folks who shop EBAY want better deals than that (you'd either lose money or -if lucky- break even). I'm assuming, of course, the tie was actually no more than $120 at some point (on EBAY, I'd expect to see it sell for $50-$60).post #22897 of 1387281/13/12 at 10:13ampost #22898 of 1387281/13/12 at 10:13ampost #22899 of 1387281/13/12 at 10:18amQuote:
Reweaving works well, but more damaged an item is, the more it costs to repair. If you get that overcoat, be prepared to invest up to $200 for it to get it in working shape. Brioni overcoat second hand is worth a pretty penny but ask yourself if you saw one on eBay for $200 whether you would bid or not (given the seller indicated it was recently reweaved).post #22900 of 1387281/13/12 at 10:30ampost #22901 of 1387281/13/12 at 11:02amQuote:
I'm almost kicking myself.... saw a V2 Classic silk shirt crazy pattern white with random black dots everywhere at the thrift for $12...but the back of the neck was pretty beat to shit.post #22902 of 1387281/13/12 at 11:13amQuote:Originally Posted by AndroFan
Alright guys, I'd love some help with this. It *was* a thrift find awhile back and now I'm just trying to categorize it, but I trust the minds here better than anywhere else.
I have this Gieves & Hawkes suit:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
But I can't help but shake the feeling that this is a Hickey-Freeman label:
It even has the "USA Union made" shit. Wtf is going on? Does G&H not make all of their pieces on SR, or is this a "tailored in the USA" label? Sorry if this seems like a dumb question, but I can't make sense of it. Thanks.
Yes, many G&H suits are made right here in Rochester and the presence of the factory store has led me to maybe 8-10 of them over the last month. They are on the same level as the Hickey Freeman Collection suits - fully canvassed and typically very nice fabrics. On eBay I would be looking for $80-110 all day and maybe more for a desirable size and/or color.post #22903 of 1387281/13/12 at 11:46amNot much again. Lunchtime got a NWT BB tie, stripes that I did not have, and a NWT BB Made in Scotland canary yellow shetland, medium but cut generously so it may fit. Otherwise it will go to one of my tradly brethren. Paid quite a bit more than usual. Oh well!post #22904 of 1387281/13/12 at 11:53amOff the road from a long business trip. I stopped in a number of stores and purchased countless items, though maybe a handful would be of interest here on SF; the balance are just money-makers which is good enough for me. I will try to get pictures and sizes for stuff that would interest members. Off the top of my head:
- Charcoal pinstrip Samuelsohn suit w/ Samuelsohn hanger (44)
- Brooks Bros. Golden Fleece Dress shirts - like new or NWOT - 15.5 33. Great MOP buttons
- J. Press Charcoal overcoat which is about a 40-44 or somewhere in there
- NWT Incotex charcoal cords in sz. US 40 (I think) - from TJ Maxx
Also seen at the TJ Maxx in Framingham, MA were 2 prs. of Kiton pants ($189) and some overpriced ties.
Edited by Henry Boogers - 1/13/12 at 5:14pmpost #22905 of 1387281/13/12 at 12:02pmQuote:Originally Posted by Henry Boogers
Yes, many G&H suits are made right here in Rochester and the presence of the factory store has led me to maybe 8-10 of them over the last month. They are on the same level as the Hickey Freeman Collection suits - fully canvassed and typically very nice fabrics. On eBay I would be looking for $80-110 all day and maybe more for a desirable size and/or color.
How are the NWT prices at HF factory store?
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Looking for a shoe somebody posted 38 seconds ago
- › Fountain Pen and Pen Collectors Thread. Who else likes nice pens? 1 minute ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 3 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 3 minutes ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 4 minutes ago
- › Brexit 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 5 minutes ago
- › CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL 5 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding