Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 10/25/16 at 1:23pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 10/22/16 at 2:28pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 9/21/16 at 2:20pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 7/1/16 at 12:12am in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 1527post #22891 of 1387281/13/12 at 9:01ampost #22892 of 1387281/13/12 at 9:12amQuote:Originally Posted by mikeH
It was this one:
I had been watching it when it was still pretty low, but decided that I just wasn't in love with something about it and that it would probably get too rich for my blood. After it closed it came up on the "Cool Shoes ..." thread, and there was some skepticism about one of the zero ratings bidders.
Wow, regardless if there was a shill bidder or not, the other guy still bid that high, which is insane.post #22893 of 1387281/13/12 at 9:20am
No photos yet, but on my lunch break I found a few nice SCs. Will post pics later this afternoon.
Beige Loro Piana Cashmere - I believe it was for Barneys
Nice Classic Blue w/ gold button Burberry DB with 2 tone logo buttons.
Another Classic Blue w/ gold button Chester Barrie for Saks
And a nice dark brown Harris tweed.
And to think I wasn't going to venture out today.post #22894 of 1387281/13/12 at 9:33ampost #22895 of 1387281/13/12 at 9:39ampost #22896 of 1387281/13/12 at 9:59amAt $80 you may as well keep it. Folks who shop EBAY want better deals than that (you'd either lose money or -if lucky- break even). I'm assuming, of course, the tie was actually no more than $120 at some point (on EBAY, I'd expect to see it sell for $50-$60).post #22897 of 1387281/13/12 at 10:13ampost #22898 of 1387281/13/12 at 10:13ampost #22899 of 1387281/13/12 at 10:18amQuote:
Reweaving works well, but more damaged an item is, the more it costs to repair. If you get that overcoat, be prepared to invest up to $200 for it to get it in working shape. Brioni overcoat second hand is worth a pretty penny but ask yourself if you saw one on eBay for $200 whether you would bid or not (given the seller indicated it was recently reweaved).post #22900 of 1387281/13/12 at 10:30ampost #22901 of 1387281/13/12 at 11:02amQuote:
I'm almost kicking myself.... saw a V2 Classic silk shirt crazy pattern white with random black dots everywhere at the thrift for $12...but the back of the neck was pretty beat to shit.post #22902 of 1387281/13/12 at 11:13amQuote:Originally Posted by AndroFan
Alright guys, I'd love some help with this. It *was* a thrift find awhile back and now I'm just trying to categorize it, but I trust the minds here better than anywhere else.
I have this Gieves & Hawkes suit:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
But I can't help but shake the feeling that this is a Hickey-Freeman label:
It even has the "USA Union made" shit. Wtf is going on? Does G&H not make all of their pieces on SR, or is this a "tailored in the USA" label? Sorry if this seems like a dumb question, but I can't make sense of it. Thanks.
Yes, many G&H suits are made right here in Rochester and the presence of the factory store has led me to maybe 8-10 of them over the last month. They are on the same level as the Hickey Freeman Collection suits - fully canvassed and typically very nice fabrics. On eBay I would be looking for $80-110 all day and maybe more for a desirable size and/or color.post #22903 of 1387281/13/12 at 11:46amNot much again. Lunchtime got a NWT BB tie, stripes that I did not have, and a NWT BB Made in Scotland canary yellow shetland, medium but cut generously so it may fit. Otherwise it will go to one of my tradly brethren. Paid quite a bit more than usual. Oh well!post #22904 of 1387281/13/12 at 11:53amOff the road from a long business trip. I stopped in a number of stores and purchased countless items, though maybe a handful would be of interest here on SF; the balance are just money-makers which is good enough for me. I will try to get pictures and sizes for stuff that would interest members. Off the top of my head:
- Charcoal pinstrip Samuelsohn suit w/ Samuelsohn hanger (44)
- Brooks Bros. Golden Fleece Dress shirts - like new or NWOT - 15.5 33. Great MOP buttons
- J. Press Charcoal overcoat which is about a 40-44 or somewhere in there
- NWT Incotex charcoal cords in sz. US 40 (I think) - from TJ Maxx
Also seen at the TJ Maxx in Framingham, MA were 2 prs. of Kiton pants ($189) and some overpriced ties.
Edited by Henry Boogers - 1/13/12 at 5:14pmpost #22905 of 1387281/13/12 at 12:02pmQuote:Originally Posted by Henry Boogers
Yes, many G&H suits are made right here in Rochester and the presence of the factory store has led me to maybe 8-10 of them over the last month. They are on the same level as the Hickey Freeman Collection suits - fully canvassed and typically very nice fabrics. On eBay I would be looking for $80-110 all day and maybe more for a desirable size and/or color.
How are the NWT prices at HF factory store?
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication... 5 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 21 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 27 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 28 minutes ago
- › Momotaro 33 minutes ago
- › Official: STAR WARS THREAD. These are the droids you're looking... 47 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 56 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 1 hour, 2 minutes ago
- › Jacket-pants color combination 1 hour, 5 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 1 hour, 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...