That froze my brain for a moment. Is that a Lanvin shirt...made by Hathaway? Or does Hathaway have a line they just randomly decided to name Lanvin? I just I don't I mean I don't even....
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 5:57 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 8/20/16 at 4:04am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on Yesterday at 3:28 am in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 7/1/16 at 12:12am in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 1524post #22847 of 1387281/12/12 at 6:49pmpost #22848 of 1387281/12/12 at 6:55pmQuote:
If you ever plan to post any fit pics in the WAYWRN threads, crappy smart phone pics taken in a public restroom mirror get you nothing but scorn. I applied my thrifting skills acquired here and went to a pawn shop and picked up this 3 year old Olympus digital camera with battery and charger for $40 US ($300 when new) and the lightweight aluminum tripod was $5 at Valu Village, in the original box! As a bonus, the 4 MB pic card in the camera (yes, it is a PINK camera) contained quite a few photos of several nubile young ladies in swimwear out by their backyard pool. EVERYONE in the pawn shop enjoyed that little show once I queued it up for them. BTW...NEVER pay the sticker price for anything in a pawn shop. Go half (or what seems reasonable if you are familiar with the item) and see how well you can do. The sticker price on the Olympus was $65.
Meanwhile, you just set the timer on the camera, walk around to the front and when the little red light starts flashing rapidly, smile and say "Cheese".post #22849 of 1387281/12/12 at 7:00pmpost #22850 of 1387281/12/12 at 7:05pm
You'd be surprised by what Armani "Le Collezioni" stuff goes for on the 'bay, given the right timing, pictures, and description. The 'bay is a very fickle, though sometimes rewarding beast.
Quote:post #22851 of 1387281/12/12 at 7:08pmQuote:
If it fit you well keep it. You won't be able to buy another for what you bought that one for. Also look on ebay completed auction or use the search function in the B&S to see what other ones are going for. You have to so some work/research to find what fair market value is.Quote:
I've always gotten $20-$30 for each of my "Le Collezioni" shirts, just as much (usually more) then flipping a Brooks Brothers shirt.post #22852 of 1387281/12/12 at 7:36pmpost #22853 of 1387281/12/12 at 7:48pmpost #22854 of 1387281/12/12 at 7:56pm
Found this one today, only a day late for Cordoroy Appreciation Day (1/11)
Would look great with these NOS Dexter Longwings if only they were 2 sizes larger.
Another Orvis Cord SC w/ suede elbow patches and patch pockets.post #22855 of 1387281/12/12 at 8:02pmQuote:
Yeah, we have a Second Debut here too. Sucks because 1) If you find an orphaned suit coat or trousers there, you have about a 1% chance of finding them and 2) All that stuff could have been found by you if they didn't have people pulling it aside in the back room.
A GW store in a very rich neighborhood near me does this all the time and it kills me. You can see the manager flip through the New Arrivals racks before they're brought out onto the floor. I've seen them pick stuff off there quite a bit. You'd think they don't know what to look for, but I've found everything from Thom Browne to Band of Outsiders to recent mainline Zegna stuff at my local Second Debut.Quote:
Pics! Love mid-century modern stuff!Quote:
+1. I demand piktars!
For some reason, this tie brings this music video to mind....
Edited by Nataku - 1/12/12 at 8:12pmpost #22856 of 1387281/12/12 at 8:02pmpost #22857 of 1387281/12/12 at 8:10pm
Batman sign for Spoo is definitely a classic.
Took me a while to realize that was a tie and not a folded up scarf.
I hate to be the odd one out, but I cannot commit myself to saying the tie is hideous, true I would not wear it, but it is intriguing. A good FU tie methinks.post #22858 of 1387281/12/12 at 8:24pmpost #22859 of 1387281/12/12 at 8:25pm
okay gentlemen,i have a very nice black pinstripe very recent Brioni suit ,Tiberio model,double breasted,peak lapels (recent slim cut ) side vents working surgeon cuffs.
the suit is mint,the pants are spotless (no stains what soever) BUT!!!!! the lining has been though the ringer.has a hole worn right through and another at the neck line.I have another Brioni SC with a mint lining that would be a perfect donor,i priced it out and will cost about a week and $125 to replace it.
tag says 44 long but no way its true to szie im a 42 reg and fits me perfect measurements at end THIS IS A 42 Reg.
ehabadaser has the same suit so im linking it,except mine has working cuffs.the rest of the pics are me wearing it.
anyway let me stress:the suit is mint just the lining is shot.if anybody is interested PM me,thought i would see if anybody is interested before i list it in the buy and sell.
pants are 36 by 36 with 2 inches to let out in both
Edited by valium - 1/12/12 at 8:45pmpost #22860 of 1387281/12/12 at 8:31pm^^^ I would have been all over this one if it were true to size. Sadly not true to size, I beat a hasty retreat. And there was me initially excited after seeing 44L figuring it was 56EU.
Dang. Whats with the tiny little shoulders , on Brioni it should be at least 20".
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 7 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 8 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 9 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 11 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 26 minutes ago
- › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 31 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 35 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 39 minutes ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 39 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding