That froze my brain for a moment. Is that a Lanvin shirt...made by Hathaway? Or does Hathaway have a line they just randomly decided to name Lanvin? I just I don't I mean I don't even....
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 11/25/15 at 10:30pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 10/12/15 at 4:40pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on Today at 10:25 am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 11/2/15 at 2:28am in Streetwear and Denim
- Men's clothes & shoes sizes--- Why are there so few Mediums 42R & 10.5 - 11 shoes? Last post on 10/8/15 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
Last edited: Yesterday
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 1524
Styleforum Top Picks
If you ever plan to post any fit pics in the WAYWRN threads, crappy smart phone pics taken in a public restroom mirror get you nothing but scorn. I applied my thrifting skills acquired here and went to a pawn shop and picked up this 3 year old Olympus digital camera with battery and charger for $40 US ($300 when new) and the lightweight aluminum tripod was $5 at Valu Village, in the original box! As a bonus, the 4 MB pic card in the camera (yes, it is a PINK camera) contained quite a few photos of several nubile young ladies in swimwear out by their backyard pool. EVERYONE in the pawn shop enjoyed that little show once I queued it up for them. BTW...NEVER pay the sticker price for anything in a pawn shop. Go half (or what seems reasonable if you are familiar with the item) and see how well you can do. The sticker price on the Olympus was $65.
Meanwhile, you just set the timer on the camera, walk around to the front and when the little red light starts flashing rapidly, smile and say "Cheese".
You'd be surprised by what Armani "Le Collezioni" stuff goes for on the 'bay, given the right timing, pictures, and description. The 'bay is a very fickle, though sometimes rewarding beast.
If it fit you well keep it. You won't be able to buy another for what you bought that one for. Also look on ebay completed auction or use the search function in the B&S to see what other ones are going for. You have to so some work/research to find what fair market value is.
I've always gotten $20-$30 for each of my "Le Collezioni" shirts, just as much (usually more) then flipping a Brooks Brothers shirt.
Found this one today, only a day late for Cordoroy Appreciation Day (1/11)
Would look great with these NOS Dexter Longwings if only they were 2 sizes larger.
Another Orvis Cord SC w/ suede elbow patches and patch pockets.
Yeah, we have a Second Debut here too. Sucks because 1) If you find an orphaned suit coat or trousers there, you have about a 1% chance of finding them and 2) All that stuff could have been found by you if they didn't have people pulling it aside in the back room.
A GW store in a very rich neighborhood near me does this all the time and it kills me. You can see the manager flip through the New Arrivals racks before they're brought out onto the floor. I've seen them pick stuff off there quite a bit. You'd think they don't know what to look for, but I've found everything from Thom Browne to Band of Outsiders to recent mainline Zegna stuff at my local Second Debut.
Pics! Love mid-century modern stuff!
+1. I demand piktars!
For some reason, this tie brings this music video to mind....
Edited by Nataku - 1/12/12 at 8:12pm
Batman sign for Spoo is definitely a classic.
Took me a while to realize that was a tie and not a folded up scarf.
I hate to be the odd one out, but I cannot commit myself to saying the tie is hideous, true I would not wear it, but it is intriguing. A good FU tie methinks.
okay gentlemen,i have a very nice black pinstripe very recent Brioni suit ,Tiberio model,double breasted,peak lapels (recent slim cut ) side vents working surgeon cuffs.
the suit is mint,the pants are spotless (no stains what soever) BUT!!!!! the lining has been though the ringer.has a hole worn right through and another at the neck line.I have another Brioni SC with a mint lining that would be a perfect donor,i priced it out and will cost about a week and $125 to replace it.
tag says 44 long but no way its true to szie im a 42 reg and fits me perfect measurements at end THIS IS A 42 Reg.
ehabadaser has the same suit so im linking it,except mine has working cuffs.the rest of the pics are me wearing it.
anyway let me stress:the suit is mint just the lining is shot.if anybody is interested PM me,thought i would see if anybody is interested before i list it in the buy and sell.
pants are 36 by 36 with 2 inches to let out in both
Edited by valium - 1/12/12 at 8:45pm
Dang. Whats with the tiny little shoulders , on Brioni it should be at least 20".
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 1 second ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 54 seconds ago
- › French Army Ranger Boots, Size 42 2 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider Olive Moleskin Coat, Size 5 (~48-50) 4 minutes ago
- › Exquisite Trimmings - Based in London, UK - Official Affiliate Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 7 minutes ago
- › Oliver Spencer Brown Moleskin Coat, Size 40/50 8 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 9 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories