or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 1512

post #22666 of 134604

Some more stuff from my NJ -> MA thrift trip. All are already posted in my MEGATHREADS!

 

Incotex Cords - 32 x 33.5

 

Ralph Lauren Purple Label Solid Blue - 15.5-34

 

Joseph & Lyman 100% Cashmere Blue Blazer - Approx 40R

 

 

Brooks Brothers Tan Houndstooth Sportcoat - 42L (like new)

 

 

Southwick Gray Mini Herringbone - 46R

 

Hickey Freeman Gray Glenplaid Blue Overcheck Suit - 50S/50R
 

 

post #22667 of 134604

Forgot one

 

St Andrews DB Suit

St Andrews (1).JPGSt Andrews (11).JPG

post #22668 of 134604
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post

St Andrews DB Suit

I could literally eat that suit, not far off my size either. Please tell me the pants are not pleated and the vents are double rather than single.
post #22669 of 134604
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klobber View Post


I could literally eat that suit, not far off my size either. Please tell me the pants are not pleated and the vents are double rather than single.


Pants are pleated and cuffed. Non-vented jacket

post #22670 of 134604
I've had many PM's about the ties I picked up the other day. Here are pics of those ties along with a million others. I'm planning to let them all go relatively cheap, around 20 for most. PM me if your interested in any for more pictures + exact price.

469


From top left to right

Drakes, Louis Vuitton, Paul Smith, Random wool
Borrelli, Recent E. Zegna, Recent E. Zegna, Charvet
Random, Ferragomo, Nickys, Brooks Brothers, Balmain
Arny's of Paris, Drakes, random, random, Kenneth Cole
Fendi, Thomas Pink, Random, Hermes, Giorgio Armani
Hermes, Hermes, Thom Browne, Random Black, Brioni,Kenzo
post #22671 of 134604
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post

Pants are pleated and cuffed. Non-vented jacket

frown.gif but thanks for the info.
post #22672 of 134604
I hate you all, you guys got me into thrifting.

except in NYC, i'm dealing with pros and higher prices ffffuuuu.gif

picked up an etro button down shirt though nod[1].gif
post #22673 of 134604
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klobber View Post


frown.gif but thanks for the info.


Do you know...If it has a tag which reads tailored by Dario Zaffagni, does that mean he actually tailored it? Or is that just a standard tag?

post #22674 of 134604
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post

Do you know...If it has a tag which reads tailored by Dario Zaffagni, does that mean he actually tailored it? Or is that just a standard tag?

Not sure? I have only ever owned one of these suits, way back when and I no longer have it so cant compare tags.
post #22675 of 134604
The real reason I thrift:


467

Gonna need reupholstering (strap on ground, etc) but an amazing piece of Danish Modern. This was imported by Selig and was designed by Ib Kofod-Larsen. They took good care of it despite the age,, as the wood has the wonderful Pledge smell and feel biggrin.gif


D.


(Oh, and a wool windowpane Richard James sportcoat and a Carroll&Co Chester Barrie sportcoat as well)
post #22676 of 134604
^ excellent find!
post #22677 of 134604
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digmenow View Post

I don't usually like leather jackets with elastic waists but I'm such a BB brand whore, you might be able to twist my arm and make me buy that from you! biggrin.gif
I feel like a low rent Spoo right about now. shog[1].gif


plain.gif
post #22678 of 134604
Quote:
Originally Posted by plei89 View Post


If that shirts a FC, I found the exact same one thrifting a month ago. in a size 15.


Yes it is.  Are you in LA?

post #22679 of 134604


speaking of teak found a mint condition (and i mean mint) THORENS TD 160 vintage turntable in teak (not a scratch on it) for $20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie View Post

The real reason I thrift:
467
Gonna need reupholstering (strap on ground, etc) but an amazing piece of Danish Modern. This was imported by Selig and was designed by Ib Kofod-Larsen. They took good care of it despite the age,, as the wood has the wonderful Pledge smell and feel biggrin.gif
D.
(Oh, and a wool windowpane Richard James sportcoat and a Carroll&Co Chester Barrie sportcoat as well)


 

post #22680 of 134604
Quote:
Originally Posted by valium View Post



speaking of teak found a mint condition (and i mean mint) THORENS TD 160 vintage turntable in teak (not a scratch on it) for $20



Whaaaaaa........ wow.gif

That's an epic find! Pics??

It's been so long since I've found any decent vintage stereo equipment (especially turntables) because everyone and their brother knows the stuff is decent money to resell or they're getting (back) into vinyl. I used to be the only guy digging through the crates 10-12 years ago. Now I'm accompanied by 3-4 guys at least when new records come out. LPs also used to be 10 to 25 cents each, 50 cents was pushing it. Now they're 50 cents on the low end and I've seen prices as high as $5 per pop.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread