or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 1497

post #22441 of 117758
Oh, I forgot to ask - not a thrift find, but I talked someone down on the bay for a 2011 model Zegna mainline suit, grey with blue shadow stripes, size US 40L - fits a 40L-42L, $250ish. Anyone interested before I resell? Just a bit too big on me, but hot damn its nice. 2 button, 2 vent, flat front.
post #22442 of 117758
Too small for me, but I would love to see pictures!
post #22443 of 117758
A thrift follow up. I thrifted this Bally made in Italy reversible A-1 blouson some months back. The knits were riddled with holes, and had to be replaced. I finally took it in to get it repaired and cleaned to Arrow Fabricare, a local leather specialist with a national reputation. I picked it up today, and am quite happy with it. An equivalent jacket would retail for $2000.

Pictured is the suede side, which is how I'll wear it.

467

467
Edited by AlanC - 1/6/12 at 7:21pm
post #22444 of 117758
Quote:
Originally Posted by acosbysweater View Post

Passed on a Versace suit jacket for the second time...did a fairly intensive search for the pants and couldn't find them.  It's a US 48, with a small tear on the edge of one of the patch pockets.  It's a pretty staple navy color with a single (I thought almost all SCs used two or more buttons?) metal medusa head button.  Everything about it looks real, but what about the missing pants?  Worth $20 bucks to try to flip?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klobber View Post

May be a blazer. With a tear, I would leave that one on the rack.

Is it a fabric tear (leave it), or a torn seam (no big deal)?
post #22445 of 117758
Alan, that looks SIIIICK!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeH View Post

Is it a fabric tear (leave it), or a torn seam (no big deal)?

I overlooked that part. All I saw was Medusa. smile.gif
post #22446 of 117758

I would find a way to rock that shit with reckless abandon.  Women's jacket?  Don't even care. 
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bytor13 View Post

After a haul staples-wise yesterday, today was a lot of misses.  Several Hugo Boss suits with slight (but enough) damage, a Burberry duffle coat with damaged closures (worth replacing?), a Harris Tweed overcoat with moth damage, and an orphaned Canali suit jacket.

 

This, however, was in mint condition.  It horrified and fascinated me with equal measure.

 

photo 3.JPG

 

photo 4.JPG



 

post #22447 of 117758
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanC View Post

A thrift follow up. I thrifted this Bally made in Italy reversible A-1 blouson some months back. The knits were riddled with holes, and had to be replaced. I finally took it in to get it repaired and cleaned to Arrow Fabricare, a local leather specialist with a national reputation. I picked it up today, and am quite happy with it. An equivalent jacket would retail for $2000.
Pictured is the suede side, which is how I'll wear it.
467
467

Wow. Nice jacket. Looks good on you.
post #22448 of 117758

went to my local goodwill to check out what I could find. picked up some decent dress shirts, one by brooks brothers and two by j.crew. 5.99 each and then found this great suit, for 24.99. blazer fits perfect, pants look like clown pants, 36" waist with 20" pant opening, at the bottom!!

added a picture of me wearing the pants 

2011-12-27_12-39-25_187.jpg2011-12-27_12-39-18_29.jpg2011-12-27_16-04-55_523.jpg

post #22449 of 117758
Quote:
Originally Posted by harryk387 View Post

pants look like clown pants, 36" waist with 20" pant opening, at the bottom!!
added a picture of me wearing the pants 
350x621px-LL-0831f746_2011-12-27_16-04-55_523.jpeg

At least you bought enough material to find a tailor to make pants for you to go with the suit!
post #22450 of 117758
Quote:
Originally Posted by harryk387 View Post

went to my local goodwill to check out what I could find. picked up some decent dress shirts, one by brooks brothers and two by j.crew. 5.99 each and then found this great suit, for 24.99. blazer fits perfect, pants look like clown pants, 36" waist with 20" pant opening, at the bottom!!
added a picture of me wearing the pants 
350x263px-LL-9e9d3969_2011-12-27_12-39-25_187.jpeg350x263px-LL-0960a375_2011-12-27_12-39-18_29.jpeg350x621px-LL-0831f746_2011-12-27_16-04-55_523.jpeg

Those pants are classic!

284
post #22451 of 117758
Alan: cool jacket. I have a similar bally light brown suede bomber if you want it. $30, I have it still, gotta check. Think size 40. Might have got rid of it, but think I still have it around here somewhere.
post #22452 of 117758

Man, in the UK all we have is charity shops and TK Maxx.

 

TK Maxx can be good now and then, but it's rare to find something in the charity shops :(

post #22453 of 117758
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeH View Post


Is it a fabric tear (leave it), or a torn seam (no big deal)?


I believe it is a seam tear...I'll let it go one more round and hopefully the white tags will be on sale next time I stop by!

post #22454 of 117758
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainy View Post

Alan: cool jacket. I have a similar bally light brown suede bomber if you want it. $30, I have it still, gotta check. Think size 40. Might have got rid of it, but think I still have it around here somewhere.

Thanks, and yes, I might be interested if you still have it.

What's the size on those suede Nettletons you found? Great shoes!
post #22455 of 117758
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanC View Post

A thrift follow up. I thrifted this Bally made in Italy reversible A-1 blouson some months back. The knits were riddled with holes, and had to be replaced. I finally took it in to get it repaired and cleaned to Arrow Fabricare, a local leather specialist with a national reputation. I picked it up today, and am quite happy with it. An equivalent jacket would retail for $2000.
Pictured is the suede side, which is how I'll wear it.
467
467


 

 

First time I feel justified using an emoticon on this board: icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gificon_gu_b_slayer[1].gificon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread