Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 12:33 am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 10/12/15 at 4:40pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 2/6/16 at 10:19am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 1/30/16 at 4:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- Men's clothes & shoes sizes--- Why are there so few Mediums 42R & 10.5 - 11 shoes? Last post on 10/8/15 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 1481
Styleforum Top Pickspost #22202 of 1387281/3/12 at 11:19am
^^That RLPL looks pretty interesting.
Picked up nothing spectacular today.
-Hickey Freeman Casual Button Down Size Medium
-Gap Cords for myself
-NWT PRL Tie
-Ben Silver Tie
Did have some luck at my local TJ Maxx though. Found some John Varvatos * USA (not something I normally wear) polo shirts for $49.99. Hit the clearance rack and there was one of the same polo shirts marked $10, I am assuming because half of the tag was ripped off. The shirt is in great condition and I am having my tailor sew it back on for $1. I'm thinking I can at least double my money.post #22203 of 1387281/3/12 at 11:35ampost #22204 of 1387281/3/12 at 11:50amQuote:Originally Posted by AlanC
Did a little thrifting while traveling over the holidays. I picked up these two fantastic shirts yesterday in Louisville (sorry, O!), both from the same donor.
The Isaia is tagged 17/43, measures to ~37 in the sleeves. The Robert Talbott Estate Bespoke is the nicest Talbott you've ever seen (or at least I've ever seen). Certainly on par with the Isaia. No tag, but measures to 17 x 35, double button cuff, super thick MOP buttons. I wish the Talbott was my size.
Both are available. I'll be listing them in B&S later.
I found a similar Talbott last week. Check for a tag down under the bottom button; mine had an additional tag stating it was a limited edition (fabric I am assuming) #40 out of 50. Not that this would make the shirt look any better, but it was interesting...post #22205 of 1387281/3/12 at 11:53amyeah, i ran by the local marshall's this weekend and there wasn't much. they did have a good run of prl merino wool v-necks in clearance at IIRC $39.99. if someone needs workhorse sweaters and lives near long beach CA, it's the one on atlantic.post #22206 of 1387281/3/12 at 11:58amQuote:
At this juncture I'm ready to proclaim my Marshall's as the best in the world. It never disappoints. The shocking thing is what I leave behind at the store. Just today I left behind a cashmere BC fair isle, Brioni jeans, multiple Finamore shirts, multiple RLPL odd trousers, a Zegna SC and an Oxxford cashmere overcoat. I only pick up the best deals and/or stuff I really, really like.post #22207 of 1387281/3/12 at 12:03pmQuote:Originally Posted by bourbonbasted
At this juncture I'm ready to proclaim my Marshall's as the best in the world. It never disappoints. The shocking thing is what I leave behind at the store. Just today I left behind a cashmere BC fair isle, Brioni jeans, multiple Finamore shirts, multiple RLPL odd trousers, a Zegna SC and an Oxxford cashmere overcoat. I only pick up the best deals and/or stuff I really, really like.
So where in the bloody flux capacitor are you?post #22208 of 1387281/3/12 at 12:10pmpost #22209 of 1387281/3/12 at 12:21pmpost #22210 of 1387281/3/12 at 1:32pmpost #22211 of 1387281/3/12 at 2:21pmpost #22212 of 1387281/3/12 at 2:26pmpost #22213 of 1387281/3/12 at 2:33pmpost #22214 of 1387281/3/12 at 2:34pmpost #22215 of 1387281/3/12 at 2:35pm
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 1 second ago
- › Loafers with a suit? 14 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 56 seconds ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 1 minute ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 1 minute ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 1 minute ago
- › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 2 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Pocket Squares: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions,... 3 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...