no problem, imho they make their ties better than the ones they make for brioni
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 5/26/16 at 10:22pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 5/17/16 at 3:17am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 3/31/16 at 1:04am in Streetwear and Denim
- Men's clothes & shoes sizes--- Why are there so few Mediums 42R & 10.5 - 11 shoes? Last post on 10/8/15 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 1462post #21916 of 13872812/28/11 at 1:49pmpost #21917 of 13872812/28/11 at 1:50pmpost #21918 of 13872812/28/11 at 1:53pmQuote:
I've heard good things about www.styleforum.net
Edited by Brianpore - 12/28/11 at 2:09pmpost #21919 of 13872812/28/11 at 2:06pmpost #21920 of 13872812/28/11 at 2:21pmQuote:Originally Posted by Brianpore
I've heard good things about www.styleforum.net
Yeah, that's what I figured. I was just wondering what the market was like on the bay for those types of things. I checked out some completed listings and those types of items are rare.post #21921 of 13872812/28/11 at 2:35pmpost #21922 of 13872812/28/11 at 3:00pmpost #21923 of 13872812/28/11 at 3:08pm
Here are the measurements for this Brioni shirt. If you're a slim guy with long arms, this 14.5/35 shirt might be just what the doctor ordered. P2P it's 22.5". Make me an offer via PM if you're interested. Please see the detailed photos below to get a look at the fraying on the cuffs. Dig suggested that a tailor could reverse the cuffs. I don't know anything about that, so you're on your own to check it out. You can always wear it with the sleeves rolled up.
Brioni shirt details (Click to show)post #21924 of 13872812/28/11 at 3:31pmpost #21925 of 13872812/28/11 at 3:52pmHad a pretty nice haul today. Two Luciano Barbera 6x2's and two Gieves & Hawkes. All size 54EU, not my size so will be up in B&S soon. Only drawback is these were for a shorter guy. 28" inseam with about 3" to let out. Sorry for the craptastic iphone pics.
The G&H'spost #21926 of 13872812/28/11 at 4:10pm
Haha, yeah, I've had a hell of a run the last few weeks. It seriously just seems like a total crapshoot, as I'm not doing anything different than I was just a few months ago (well, aside maybe from going more frequently). Nice! Don't undervalue NWT stuff in your size. As lovely as my finds were, most will probably have to go unless the tailor can work some magic, since the sleeves are too short. So keep at it - just a few more days for tax write offs! haha.
Quote:Originally Posted by Passat774
Almost didn't go out today, glad I did. First stop:
You are the reason I continue to go!! You continue to pull down awesome stuff week after week!
I thought I was lucky today when I found a Brooks Brothers Maker shirt in my size that was NWT...post #21927 of 13872812/28/11 at 5:09pmI've been in Colorado visiting the in-laws for the holidays and finally got out to the thrifts today. Well worth the effort, as I picked up two Caruso suits, two pair of near new Churchs and a gorgeous near new pair of suede Polo made in England full brogues. The shoes, unfortunately, were at consignment prices, but still well worth it.
The Carusos will, hopefully, fit my son. The shoes are 9 Ds and will hit B&S when I get home next week. If I can figure out how to do it with my new iPad, I'll post a picture tonight.post #21928 of 13872812/28/11 at 5:18pmpost #21929 of 13872812/28/11 at 5:22pmToday's loot:
Silk Brioni shirt.
Skinny Dolce Linen Tie
Dunhill linen shirt.
Florsheim Imperial V Cleats. Do these look like shell to you? No microwrinkles
Cool Pastel Drawing of a Cat with Attitude for 4 bucks.
6 Mystery brand ties. Can anyone ID?
And these mystery pants. Only identifying mark on them is:
Chinchilla cashmere?post #21930 of 13872812/28/11 at 5:49pm
I use to pass these RG shirts up all the time till I saw some talk of them last week and the decent ebay prices Also added another Harris Tweed (1/2 lined perfect for summer or Florida). Got a few other (better) things but still need to get pictures taken and post them.
Robert Graham RG Blue Stripe Large (16-33)
Harris Tweed Light Tan/Brown Colar - 40R
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 22 seconds ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 2 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 3 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 3 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 7 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding