Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 9:12 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 10/12/15 at 4:40pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 2/6/16 at 10:19am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 1/30/16 at 4:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- Men's clothes & shoes sizes--- Why are there so few Mediums 42R & 10.5 - 11 shoes? Last post on 10/8/15 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 1317post #19741 of 13872811/18/11 at 1:26pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #19742 of 13872811/18/11 at 1:30pmQuote:
Please tell me they are close to my size! (see sig)post #19743 of 13872811/18/11 at 1:36pmpost #19744 of 13872811/18/11 at 1:44pmpost #19745 of 13872811/18/11 at 1:57pmpost #19746 of 13872811/18/11 at 2:39pmpost #19747 of 13872811/18/11 at 3:07pmGuys just my $0.02 on Dwolla. I would be seriously disappointed if there was a big move on this forum to a US-only payments system. That would be the last straw for me with B&S. I have a lot of experience in payments technology, and this is not an arena where you want to be an early adopter of localised startups. Payments need to be global.post #19748 of 13872811/18/11 at 4:23pmQuote:Originally Posted by California Dreamer
Guys just my $0.02 on Dwolla. I would be seriously disappointed if there was a big move on this forum to a US-only payments system. That would be the last straw for me with B&S. I have a lot of experience in payments technology, and this is not an arena where you want to be an early adopter of localised startups. Payments need to be global.
Cal, I can't speak for everyone hear but I wouldn't freeze you or other foreign buyers out. I've sold two items this week outside the US and both have been great guys to deal with. Using Pay Pal in that case is the cost of doing business. However if both parties are in the US and agreeable...why give the extra couple bucks to Pay Pal/eBay??? They nail us for enough as it is. Then when you have an issue like Nataku...they basically tell you to go F@#& yourself.
Plus 10 years ago....Pay Pal was a start-up. Just my .02post #19749 of 13872811/18/11 at 5:00pmQuote:
I am curious how you define thrift store.
My definition : charity store that accepts donations and re-sells them for a fraction of their value.
Consignment stores aren't thrift stores, antique malls aren't thrift stores, copping ebay is not thrifting.
is this how you define thrift store also? Because if so, you need to hit that thrift store up DAILY.post #19750 of 13872811/18/11 at 5:51pmpost #19751 of 13872811/18/11 at 5:57pmQuote:
Correct in most part.
What is becoming a reality is I am beginning to see thrift prices on some items approach consignment prices. A few weeks ago, saw an older Giorgio Armani casual Jacket (old label) in a thrift store with an $60 tag. A consigment store had a similar piece at $100. I could possibly have bargained the consignment owner into a 10% to 30% off, there is no way to get a thrift store to reduce the price.
It will not be long before most major thrift chains start marking up the more designer clothing by 50% or more than it already is. All it requires is knowledge and education on what you are selling. The gap between consignment and thrifting will inevitably close further. Who could blame the thrifts though? If one of us (without bias) was a thrift store boss / worker, would we not drastically increase prices on certain items?post #19752 of 13872811/18/11 at 5:57pmQuote:
Are you fucking kidding? Ill give you $125 sight unseen.post #19753 of 13872811/18/11 at 6:13pmQuote:
If it is a womans scarf, I am next in line after Spoo
My wife collects these.post #19754 of 13872811/18/11 at 6:16pm
Today I came across a mass donation of Astor & Black custom-made suits and sportcoats in staple colors. There were probably 8-10 suits and another 10 sportcoats. All of them were mint, and most were from 2009-2011. All had surgeon's cuffs. The catch is they were massive, at least 50R. Should I pick up any of them (sportcoats were all $5-$6, suits $16).
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 2 minutes ago
- › Cheap Pocket Squares 3 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 4 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 10 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 13 minutes ago
- › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? 13 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 14 minutes ago
- › Is this too much colour in an outfit guys? 15 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) -... 15 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...