Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 10:12 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 9/12/16 at 2:10am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 9/21/16 at 2:20pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 7/1/16 at 12:12am in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 1317post #19741 of 13872811/18/11 at 1:26pmpost #19742 of 13872811/18/11 at 1:30pmQuote:
Please tell me they are close to my size! (see sig)post #19743 of 13872811/18/11 at 1:36pmpost #19744 of 13872811/18/11 at 1:44pmpost #19745 of 13872811/18/11 at 1:57pmpost #19746 of 13872811/18/11 at 2:39pmpost #19747 of 13872811/18/11 at 3:07pmGuys just my $0.02 on Dwolla. I would be seriously disappointed if there was a big move on this forum to a US-only payments system. That would be the last straw for me with B&S. I have a lot of experience in payments technology, and this is not an arena where you want to be an early adopter of localised startups. Payments need to be global.post #19748 of 13872811/18/11 at 4:23pmQuote:Originally Posted by California Dreamer
Guys just my $0.02 on Dwolla. I would be seriously disappointed if there was a big move on this forum to a US-only payments system. That would be the last straw for me with B&S. I have a lot of experience in payments technology, and this is not an arena where you want to be an early adopter of localised startups. Payments need to be global.
Cal, I can't speak for everyone hear but I wouldn't freeze you or other foreign buyers out. I've sold two items this week outside the US and both have been great guys to deal with. Using Pay Pal in that case is the cost of doing business. However if both parties are in the US and agreeable...why give the extra couple bucks to Pay Pal/eBay??? They nail us for enough as it is. Then when you have an issue like Nataku...they basically tell you to go F@#& yourself.
Plus 10 years ago....Pay Pal was a start-up. Just my .02post #19749 of 13872811/18/11 at 5:00pmQuote:
I am curious how you define thrift store.
My definition : charity store that accepts donations and re-sells them for a fraction of their value.
Consignment stores aren't thrift stores, antique malls aren't thrift stores, copping ebay is not thrifting.
is this how you define thrift store also? Because if so, you need to hit that thrift store up DAILY.post #19750 of 13872811/18/11 at 5:51pmpost #19751 of 13872811/18/11 at 5:57pmQuote:
Correct in most part.
What is becoming a reality is I am beginning to see thrift prices on some items approach consignment prices. A few weeks ago, saw an older Giorgio Armani casual Jacket (old label) in a thrift store with an $60 tag. A consigment store had a similar piece at $100. I could possibly have bargained the consignment owner into a 10% to 30% off, there is no way to get a thrift store to reduce the price.
It will not be long before most major thrift chains start marking up the more designer clothing by 50% or more than it already is. All it requires is knowledge and education on what you are selling. The gap between consignment and thrifting will inevitably close further. Who could blame the thrifts though? If one of us (without bias) was a thrift store boss / worker, would we not drastically increase prices on certain items?post #19752 of 13872811/18/11 at 5:57pmQuote:
Are you fucking kidding? Ill give you $125 sight unseen.post #19753 of 13872811/18/11 at 6:13pmQuote:
If it is a womans scarf, I am next in line after Spoo
My wife collects these.post #19754 of 13872811/18/11 at 6:16pm
Today I came across a mass donation of Astor & Black custom-made suits and sportcoats in staple colors. There were probably 8-10 suits and another 10 sportcoats. All of them were mint, and most were from 2009-2011. All had surgeon's cuffs. The catch is they were massive, at least 50R. Should I pick up any of them (sportcoats were all $5-$6, suits $16).post #19755 of 13872811/18/11 at 6:19pm
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 8 seconds ago
- › FS lotuff chestnut slim zippered briefcase excellent 1 minute ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 2 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 3 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 5 minutes ago
- › Magnanni Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Crusty's "What I wore on this Date in History" - a walk down memory... 9 minutes ago
- › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread 9 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 10 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...