Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 5/2/16 at 12:26pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 4/30/16 at 11:41pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 3/31/16 at 1:04am in Streetwear and Denim
- Men's clothes & shoes sizes--- Why are there so few Mediums 42R & 10.5 - 11 shoes? Last post on 10/8/15 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 1211post #18151 of 13872810/5/11 at 4:36ampost #18152 of 13872810/5/11 at 5:21amQuote:Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Thats a crappy pic, but looks real from here. Thats the first line "Couture" level of Versace - the best menswear they made at the time. This is the same line as the silk shirts that are all in my eBay link go for great money on eBay. The shirt is most likely a silk crepe, those cufflink buttons (should be 3 - one at the neck, one on each cuff) are notorious for having the crystals fall out, so some may be missing. The size tag is located in the upper left hand shoulder, right on the seam. The material content tag, which should have been located right under the Gianni Versace label has been cut out, so I can't pinpoint much else for you, but my best guess is that it dates to about 1996-1997.
If you are looking to list it on eBay, try "Vintage Versace Couture Mens Silk Crystal PreDeath Shirt (size)" Make sure you feel confident in calling it silk without a content tag though first. Nice find. Im not surprised about finding it in Philly though - one of the biggest collectors I know lives not too far from there.
Thanks Spoo! Everything is just as you said. The size is 50 and as you can see, the Medusa button at the collar is missing, replaced by a nice big MOP one. It almost appears to have been the original button, as the button hole accommodates it, and it is a much larger button. The two remaining at the cuffs both have their crystals. I'll have to find someone to confirm that it is silk crepe, but that was my guess before you suggested it. The construction is superb and, although its impossible to tell from the crappy picture, the front is pleated, as in a tuxshirt. What's a ballpark on what these fetch on eBay?post #18153 of 13872810/5/11 at 5:47amI almost plunged on a bunch yesterday.....
1 Sulka pure cashmere DB blue blazer, made by St. Andrews. Tags were ripped out, but was a little large on me.
A Barneys dongeal wool shirt jacket
a couple of Zegna suits
Jeff Rose shirt.
bought nothing.....post #18154 of 13872810/5/11 at 7:56ampost #18155 of 13872810/5/11 at 10:27amQuote:
Not hard at all. Parts are still available and many are shared with the GTI/Golf/Jetta. They're great cars, the rust usually gets them, though.Quote:Quote:
Were the Zegnas recent? If so, what size and colors?post #18156 of 13872810/5/11 at 10:46ampost #18157 of 13872810/5/11 at 11:39amI've been trying to see if I could participate in Man Of Lint's monthly No Purchase club so I've limited my time in the thrift stores. That said, I failed miserably in September, having spent less than a C-note but even a paltry sum is a failure. You just can't predict what treasures you'll find on any given thrift day.
In that spirit and since it's Wednesday (Senior Citizen Discount Day at Goodwill!), I was in the neighborhood of a location that I see around once a month and dropped in to see what was up. I'm always thrilled to find wooden shoe trees, even when they have the plastic heel/handle and today, I found a pair of each and they were marked $2/pair instead of the usual and inexplicable $2/each ( I mean, who buys one tree?) so I copped both pair.
I have become VERY selective regarding dress shirt purchases. No more tent like Tyrwhitts in odd looking stripes and such. I want solid white or light blue, spread collar, non-iron and slim fit. There were TWO Brooks Brothers SW,SC, NI,SF shirts with a collar just at the outer edge of my size. They were brand new w/o tags. How do I know? There were blacked out labels in the back of the shirts (indicating BB donations?) and BB tags attached through the button holes indicating they were returned as the wrong size. No rips, stains, all the buttons in place.
Total damage was under $12 including tax.
I'd show you pics but I'm over my photobucket bandwidth limit and really, do we need more pics of white shirts on hangers and shoe trees?
High five and don't leave me hangin'!post #18158 of 13872810/5/11 at 12:57pm
Digmenow, I applaud your selectivity. I have over 100 dress shirts now--I just can't pass up a mainline Zegna shirt for $6, and they seem to be falling from the sky. The same thing's happening with ties. Ties are $1/piece around here, and it has to be the centre of the vintage wool-tie universe. I went grocery shopping during half-time in the Bills game on Sunday, and I figured I'd put on a tie just to wear some of the stuff. Here's a cool PRL hunt-themed tie that I found yesterday. (I had to use my web cam, so the quality's terrible.)post #18159 of 13872810/5/11 at 1:21pmpost #18160 of 13872810/5/11 at 1:24pmpost #18161 of 13872810/5/11 at 2:36pmQuote:
Real, from what I can tell. If the tag on the skinny end says made in Spain, its 90-91. If it says made in Italy, its 92-93.post #18162 of 13872810/5/11 at 2:42pmQuote:
^^^ Spoo is turning out to be the smartest person I know on the internet. And I dont even really know you, but your knowlege is inspiring. Maybe you have some stock tips for the rest of us.post #18163 of 13872810/5/11 at 3:03pmpost #18164 of 13872810/5/11 at 3:12pmpost #18165 of 13872810/5/11 at 3:16pm
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 50 seconds ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 6 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 6 minutes ago
- › Neckties too long 8 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 9 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL Game of Thrones Thread 11 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 16 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 18 minutes ago
- › Vass Wingtip Brogues - Black - U Last - 44EU 22 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 27 minutes ago
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
- › AE fit & sizing help
- › 5 of the best Groomsmen’s gifts