Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 7:19 am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 8/20/16 at 4:04am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 8/26/16 at 3:28am in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 7/1/16 at 12:12am in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 1211post #18151 of 13872810/5/11 at 4:36ampost #18152 of 13872810/5/11 at 5:21amQuote:Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Thats a crappy pic, but looks real from here. Thats the first line "Couture" level of Versace - the best menswear they made at the time. This is the same line as the silk shirts that are all in my eBay link go for great money on eBay. The shirt is most likely a silk crepe, those cufflink buttons (should be 3 - one at the neck, one on each cuff) are notorious for having the crystals fall out, so some may be missing. The size tag is located in the upper left hand shoulder, right on the seam. The material content tag, which should have been located right under the Gianni Versace label has been cut out, so I can't pinpoint much else for you, but my best guess is that it dates to about 1996-1997.
If you are looking to list it on eBay, try "Vintage Versace Couture Mens Silk Crystal PreDeath Shirt (size)" Make sure you feel confident in calling it silk without a content tag though first. Nice find. Im not surprised about finding it in Philly though - one of the biggest collectors I know lives not too far from there.
Thanks Spoo! Everything is just as you said. The size is 50 and as you can see, the Medusa button at the collar is missing, replaced by a nice big MOP one. It almost appears to have been the original button, as the button hole accommodates it, and it is a much larger button. The two remaining at the cuffs both have their crystals. I'll have to find someone to confirm that it is silk crepe, but that was my guess before you suggested it. The construction is superb and, although its impossible to tell from the crappy picture, the front is pleated, as in a tuxshirt. What's a ballpark on what these fetch on eBay?post #18153 of 13872810/5/11 at 5:47amI almost plunged on a bunch yesterday.....
1 Sulka pure cashmere DB blue blazer, made by St. Andrews. Tags were ripped out, but was a little large on me.
A Barneys dongeal wool shirt jacket
a couple of Zegna suits
Jeff Rose shirt.
bought nothing.....post #18154 of 13872810/5/11 at 7:56ampost #18155 of 13872810/5/11 at 10:27amQuote:
Not hard at all. Parts are still available and many are shared with the GTI/Golf/Jetta. They're great cars, the rust usually gets them, though.Quote:Quote:
Were the Zegnas recent? If so, what size and colors?post #18156 of 13872810/5/11 at 10:46ampost #18157 of 13872810/5/11 at 11:39amI've been trying to see if I could participate in Man Of Lint's monthly No Purchase club so I've limited my time in the thrift stores. That said, I failed miserably in September, having spent less than a C-note but even a paltry sum is a failure. You just can't predict what treasures you'll find on any given thrift day.
In that spirit and since it's Wednesday (Senior Citizen Discount Day at Goodwill!), I was in the neighborhood of a location that I see around once a month and dropped in to see what was up. I'm always thrilled to find wooden shoe trees, even when they have the plastic heel/handle and today, I found a pair of each and they were marked $2/pair instead of the usual and inexplicable $2/each ( I mean, who buys one tree?) so I copped both pair.
I have become VERY selective regarding dress shirt purchases. No more tent like Tyrwhitts in odd looking stripes and such. I want solid white or light blue, spread collar, non-iron and slim fit. There were TWO Brooks Brothers SW,SC, NI,SF shirts with a collar just at the outer edge of my size. They were brand new w/o tags. How do I know? There were blacked out labels in the back of the shirts (indicating BB donations?) and BB tags attached through the button holes indicating they were returned as the wrong size. No rips, stains, all the buttons in place.
Total damage was under $12 including tax.
I'd show you pics but I'm over my photobucket bandwidth limit and really, do we need more pics of white shirts on hangers and shoe trees?
High five and don't leave me hangin'!post #18158 of 13872810/5/11 at 12:57pm
Digmenow, I applaud your selectivity. I have over 100 dress shirts now--I just can't pass up a mainline Zegna shirt for $6, and they seem to be falling from the sky. The same thing's happening with ties. Ties are $1/piece around here, and it has to be the centre of the vintage wool-tie universe. I went grocery shopping during half-time in the Bills game on Sunday, and I figured I'd put on a tie just to wear some of the stuff. Here's a cool PRL hunt-themed tie that I found yesterday. (I had to use my web cam, so the quality's terrible.)post #18159 of 13872810/5/11 at 1:21pmpost #18160 of 13872810/5/11 at 1:24pmpost #18161 of 13872810/5/11 at 2:36pmQuote:
Real, from what I can tell. If the tag on the skinny end says made in Spain, its 90-91. If it says made in Italy, its 92-93.post #18162 of 13872810/5/11 at 2:42pmQuote:
^^^ Spoo is turning out to be the smartest person I know on the internet. And I dont even really know you, but your knowlege is inspiring. Maybe you have some stock tips for the rest of us.post #18163 of 13872810/5/11 at 3:03pmpost #18164 of 13872810/5/11 at 3:12pmpost #18165 of 13872810/5/11 at 3:16pm
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 1 minute ago
- › Eidos Napoli 1 minute ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 5 minutes ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Arc'teryx LEAF Alpha and Alpha LT (Both BNWT) 7 minutes ago
- › NWT Custom ERMENEGILDO ZEGNA MILANO TUXEDO - ONE BUTTON/PEAK LAPEL... 7 minutes ago
- › The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding