or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 1179

post #17671 of 117835
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Of Lint View Post

I wonder how many newcomers stumble on this thread and see all the goodies posted here, then get so excited they bolt out of their homes to the nearest thrift store anticipating to buy the wardrobe of their dreams, only to find dusty, mold-ridden, moth-eaten crap.


That is me baldy[1].gif

post #17672 of 117835
...
Edited by ChetB - 11/19/11 at 11:01pm
post #17673 of 117835
Finally had a decent haul today. Second time ever finding Ravazzolo. First time it was an older piece that was from the early 90s. The two I found today are very recent. Any vents would be icing on the cake but no such luck there. Still, I couldn't pass these up. The two Ravazzolo pieces came with ties (see photo). Didn't even look at what the ties were till I got home. Just about fainted when I saw the Dolcepunta. I passed on two more Ravazzolo sportcoats that were kinda weird looking. They also had ties attached - wonder what they were..... baldy[1].gif

- Ravazzolo gray/rust pinstripe suit. Super 150s. W/ hanger
- Ravazzolo brown w/ blue windowpane sportcoat. W/ hanger
- Dolcepunta sevenfold tie. Unique - has a rounded bottom edge.
- Leonard Paris tie

Not pictured:

- Recent Burberry suit. Side vented. 44 R
- Recent Samuelsohn charocal chalk-stripe suit. 42 S
- Brooks Brothers 3 btn navy blazer w/ logo brass buttons. Recent. Single vent. Loro Piana Super 120s. 44 L

Brother got some nice ties by Brioni, Talbott Estate and Giorgio Armani mainline (recent white label).



P1040612.jpg

P1040613.jpg

P1040614.jpg

P1040615.jpg

P1040616.jpg

P1040617.jpg
post #17674 of 117835
Quote:
Originally Posted by 83glt View Post

Happens to me all the time, and I'm an "old pro".

+1
post #17675 of 117835
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroFan View Post


350x263px-LL-cbcae743_100_1571.jpeg

It fits me, but i'm not sure what I could wear it with...

Your favorite chinos and a slim navy hoodie or cardigan.

How did I do?
post #17676 of 117835
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nataku View Post

Finally had a decent haul today. Second time ever finding Ravazzolo. First time it was an older piece that was from the early 90s. The two I found today are very recent. Any vents would be icing on the cake but no such luck there. Still, I couldn't pass these up. The two Ravazzolo pieces came with ties (see photo). Didn't even look at what the ties were till I got home. Just about fainted when I saw the Dolcepunta. I passed on two more Ravazzolo sportcoats that were kinda weird looking. They also had ties attached - wonder what they were..... baldy[1].gif

- Ravazzolo gray/rust pinstripe suit. Super 150s. W/ hanger
- Ravazzolo brown w/ blue windowpane sportcoat. W/ hanger
- Dolcepunta sevenfold tie. Unique - has a rounded bottom edge.
- Leonard Paris tie

Not pictured:

- Recent Burberry suit. Side vented. 44 R
- Recent Samuelsohn charocal chalk-stripe suit. 42 S
- Brooks Brothers 3 btn navy blazer w/ logo brass buttons. Recent. Single vent. Loro Piana Super 120s. 44 L

Brother got some nice ties by Brioni, Talbott Estate and Giorgio Armani mainline (recent white label).



P1040612.jpg

P1040613.jpg

P1040614.jpg

P1040615.jpg

P1040616.jpg

P1040617.jpg



that is a haul. I am truly jealous, and I am thinking about going out today smile.gif
post #17677 of 117835
Nataku

Pics of the burberry 44r? I may be interested pending pics and measurements.
post #17678 of 117835
1. Hermes tie, looks real, I hope.
2. Filson Jacket sz 46. Excellent condition

everything up for sale, drop me a PM.

5e2d2c0e.jpg
f4b94910.jpg
post #17679 of 117835
I passed 4-5 Sulka shirts at goodwill today, and 2-3 stefano ricci shirts. Most were kind of odd patterns, were they worth picking up at $2.50 per shirt?


I picked up a Brioni blue oxford shirt in size 15.5/39. Mop buttons, only signs of wear are on the collar. I also got a turnbull and asser purple plaid shirt that has very nice cotton, mop buttons, and it in like new condition. I got a older zegna suit, brown plaid double breasted, no vents. Pretty good condition. Lastly I got some gray loro piana pants in size 36-32, double pleats.

Any idea on what I should ask for this stuff?
post #17680 of 117835
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles_ View Post

I passed 4-5 Sulka shirts at goodwill today, and 2-3 stefano ricci shirts.

Sulka shirts are very rare animals today. What size were they? Were they in good condition?
post #17681 of 117835
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles_ View Post

I passed 4-5 Sulka shirts at goodwill today, and 2-3 stefano ricci shirts. Most were kind of odd patterns, were they worth picking up at $2.50 per shirt?


I picked up a Brioni blue oxford shirt in size 15.5/39. Mop buttons, only signs of wear are on the collar. I also got a turnbull and asser purple plaid shirt that has very nice cotton, mop buttons, and it in like new condition. I got a older zegna suit, brown plaid double breasted, no vents. Pretty good condition. Lastly I got some gray loro piana pants in size 36-32, double pleats.

Any idea on what I should ask for this stuff?
Quote:
Originally Posted by csoukoulis View Post

Nataku

Pics of the burberry 44r? I may be interested pending pics and measurements.

I'll send them your way in a bit. smile.gif
post #17682 of 117835
15.5/39

Some were in very good condition, some had stains that looked relatively easy to get out. none were wardrobe staples though.

Anyone here a 15.5/39? not sure about sleeve length.
post #17683 of 117835
I need to go on a thrifting vacation. Nataku is making me jealous nod[1].gif Hmmm.... one of these weekends!
post #17684 of 117835
Also, I found an awesome A2 flight jacket today in brown goatskin, made in USA, by cooper probably. Near mint condition, I wish I could find one of these in my size icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif It's a 46, but they fit slim, would probably be best for 44 - if anybody is interested I'd let it go for like $90 shipped, I had to pay quite a bit for it.

Also some people posted / PM'd me interest about some of my other finds a week or so ago, I apologize for not responding I'm just not set up to sell a lot of stuff right now - working on taxes, etc.
post #17685 of 117835
Found a Roberto Serafini tie, awesome silk in a light blue, olive, and navy rep stripe.
Anyone else know about this label out of Rome?
Tasty for $1.83
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread