The Holland And Sherry has got to be my fav.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 11/25/15 at 10:30pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 10/12/15 at 4:40pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 11/14/15 at 8:04pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 11/2/15 at 2:28am in Streetwear and Denim
- Men's clothes & shoes sizes--- Why are there so few Mediums 42R & 10.5 - 11 shoes? Last post on 10/8/15 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
Last edited: Today
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 1126
Styleforum Top Picks
On a sad note, I got that Henry Poole ivory dinner jacket back from the cleaners. I normally wear a 38 R/S and this jacket measures much closer to a 40R. If it were OTR it would definitely be tagged a 40R. So even though to make it fit all I'd need is to have the sleeves and length shortened, and perhaps have it brought in a touch at the shoulders/back (which by the way my tailor says would be very easy and affordable), I've decided that my tailor must be crazy and that I should listen to Lintman because jackets can't be tailored down by one size, EVER according to Lintman, and I'm just going to get rid of it. Sad really. What a shame jackets can't be tailored - EVER.
Okay, here's the haul (I think I've remembered everything; it's all at home right now). I was in a part of town I never go to in order to attend a funeral. My iPhone told me there was a nearby thrift I'd never visited. I tracked it down after the funeral. I found the shirts grouped together first, and was pretty excited by just that. Most of this stuff will fit me.
2 Venanzi suits
1 Saint Andrews suit
1 Venanzi sportcoat
1 Canali sportcoat
1 "made in Italy" sportcoat of high quality (has the label I attached above)
2 Venanzi shirts
2 Ben Silver linen shirts
1 Paul Stuart linen shirt
1 Thomas Pink linen shirt
1 Paul Stuart plaid linen/silk/wool Harrington jacket (made in England)
1 Paul Stuart rain jacket (made in Italy)
1 Orvis navy Harrington (not from the same donor as the other stuff)
Awesome haul, Alan! I love it when that happens all in one stop!
Sure sounds like there have been some awesome hauls recently! Picked up 3 more things today. Women's Christian Dior Size 10 posted above, a BB Camel Hair 44R and a Zegna yellow shirt 2XL (but fits like a large).
PS - If anyone thrifts midget stuff (36S,14.5-32 slim dress shirts, or "Small" Polo's) PM me ASAP
First thing I laid my hand on in the first store I went to today: an old but not dated (or come-full-circle, rather?) Brioni SB peak lapel khaki suit. It fit wonderfully, if it was a little stiff from hanging in a closet for too long.
Then I see the noticeable pinhole right on the right chest, and a wood-varnish stain where the pants were folded over a hanger for decades.
Then a lavender Brioni for Wilkes shirt in great condition. Except for the frayed cuff corners.
Then a beautiful Canali houndstooth three piece, once of the nicest Canali's I've seen. WIth a giant stain on the lapel and vest.
Then two nice Turbull & Asser striped shirts with 15.5 collars, my size. That fit like 14.5 everywhere else. Excellent fit on the torso, but the shoulder seams were over an inch from the curve of my shoulder! When was T&A ever ultra-slim fit?!
Ah yes. Something new to put on my thrift-wish-list.
I'm 99% certain that I've not only seen a photo of that tie before, but that it was in this thread (if anyone can find the post I'm talking about within the 1100+ I'll be shocked/impressed).
Nothing noteworthy on my end, however. Some burgundy Bass Weejuns will fill a hole in my shoe collection, but nothing else since my Kicking Mule Workshop jeans a couple of weeks ago. Consequently, I'm anxiously awaiting pictures of AlanC's score for inspiration.
I found this exact tie a few months back. NWT. I liked it, but let it go as it was a little too wide for me (pushing 4").
^^^and yes that was my sales thread that you saw it in
Yes, in the metro. I paid around $85 for everything.
In my euphoria I stopped by two more stores on the way home, but only came away with two snow sleds for my daughters.
By the way, speaking of inspiration, I had been in a thrifting funk for months. This was very much needed.
Congrats on the haul! I need a haul like that. I've been in the same funk.
-Ferragamo tie w/ asian silk weavers motif
-Thomas Pink tie
-Talbott BOC tie
-3 NWT J.Crew OCBD's in my size
-Seven For All Mankind jeans in my size
-Levi's 514 cords
I passed on a Harold Powell suit that was beautiful. Wool/Cashmere blend, ticket pocket, subtle pick stitching throughout. The jacket fit great but the pants had double reverse pleats and though I appreciate them on some folks, they look horrid on me.
Also had a heartbreaking encounter with some Adriano Goldschmied jeans. The store got the waist/inseam measurements backwards. 36/32's will fit me great, 32/36's will not.
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 12 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 13 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 26 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 41 minutes ago
- › BNIB Carmina Vegano Marron Single Monk Cap Toe Alcudia 7.5UK 46 minutes ago
- › Men's Hats: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions... 46 minutes ago
- › Can't remember name of high-end Web seller 48 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate "HARDCORE" Shoe Porn Thread (Bespoke only) 51 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 1 hour, 2 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories