Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 9:23 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 9/12/16 at 2:10am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 9/21/16 at 2:20pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 7/1/16 at 12:12am in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 1121post #16802 of 1387288/14/11 at 8:22pmQuote:
Maybe he is just frugal. Nothing wrong with that. I once sold a pair of used chelsea boots to a famous musician who could surely afford to buy new.post #16803 of 1387288/14/11 at 9:52pm^^ True. I'll say this - if I ever hit it big, I'll still be hitting the thrift shops a few times a week and surfing eBay. I couldn't live with myself if I consistently paid $500 for a shirt I can get on eBay for less than $100. Of course I'd splurge here and there (who wouldn't!?), but I'll never stop bargain hunting.post #16804 of 1387288/14/11 at 10:01pmpost #16805 of 1387288/14/11 at 10:28pmpost #16806 of 1387288/15/11 at 2:40amJust have a question regarding the Brioni ties posted by TheODGuy. I notice one of them had a chain with Brioni on the keeper. The only such Brioni tie I've had turned out to be a fake. Does anyone know if these metal tags are found on genuine Brioni ties?post #16807 of 1387288/15/11 at 2:56amQuote:
Yes, they are.
And Ive noted your dibs requests on the Billy Reid should it not work out.post #16808 of 1387288/15/11 at 4:21ampost #16809 of 1387288/15/11 at 4:53amThanks for the nice welcome!
Re: Zegna PJs - I was skeptical at first. But they were comfy, so I decided to go with it anyway. I did a little research online, and I've seen a couple of places that have them (someone at A Suitable Wardrobe mentioned them some time ago). Again, I'll try and post some pics. They better be real, otherwise the thrifting gods are just playing with me. To wit, earlier this week, I saw my first zegna suit. Now, I normally don't buy to try and resell, so I left it be at first, because it wasn't my size/style. But then I thought, what they hell, sell it low and make a profit. This thought occurred to me about 1 minute after picking up the suit and setting it back on the rack. In between that time, some guy had already nabbed it ( ). He looked like he was doing some serious thrifting, so I thought, well he bested me. I walked past him later as he was checking out the suit for problems, and I asked him if it was in good condition. His response: "Why, is it a good suit?" ( ). Follow-up question: "What about this one I found?" (pulls up a zegna odd jacket that - drumroll please - looks exactly my size) ( ).
@caseyfud: Thanks! I've been looking for one for a long time. On my budget, I can't really justify buying one new, but this was $3. Love the french press.
Edited by MattR - 8/15/11 at 5:49pmpost #16810 of 1387288/15/11 at 7:40ampost #16811 of 1387288/15/11 at 11:01ampost #16812 of 1387288/15/11 at 11:44am
@MattR. Welcome to the world of thrifting. I swear it's swallowed me whole. This morning I stopped at a thrift on the way to work. I had $30 cash in my pocket, and I promised myself that I wouldn't break out the credit card. I picked up three T. Pink shirts and an absolutely mint condition, fully canvassed Samuelsohn wool-cashmere SC, all for $20. I'm actually wearing the Samuelsohn right now.
If you're going to buy to flip, make sure that you buy well. Most thrifts have the worst lighting, and some clothes have the most vile, hidden stains.post #16813 of 1387288/15/11 at 12:20pmI.
I promised myself I'd stop doing this. Get this shiz out of my house, peoples! Bill's M2s, size 40. Robert Graham 'restaurant shirt', XL/XXL.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
(Vintage?) Polo linen. Bright, summery, and so sweet.
Also, can I get some straight up, Man of Lint -style truth talk on this one? What say you -- as a beater jacket, yay or nay?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Looks sleek from the side. From the front, possibly it emphasizes my shortness and fatness.post #16814 of 1387288/15/11 at 12:37pmpost #16815 of 1387288/15/11 at 1:03pm
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Any One for a Scotch? 1 minute ago
- › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 3 minutes ago
- › Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 6 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL Trump v. Clinton Debate Thread 9 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 10 minutes ago
- › ***THE OFFICIAL Los Angeles Chat Thread*** 12 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 18 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...