The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 1120
Styleforum Top Picks
If you don't have something to show that you bought in a thrift store STFU. Go start a thread called "I don't like you because you have a different opinion then me" in the dumb thread forum. Here's the link http://www.styleforum.net/forum/list/18/dumb-threads.
On the subject of famous people, I found someone's custom tailored sportcoat collection at a local thrift the other day. Guy's name was Patrick Williams, I think....kinda drawing a blank on the last name. Guy was huge or just liked his jackets huge. Must have been at least 7' tall. Some of his jackets looked like they were intentionally long, too. Must have been a basketball player. All were pretty gaudy but were very well made. All were made by Adrian Jules.
One time Gale Sayers bid on some Charles Tyrwhitt shirts I was selling. He wasn't the top bidder though
This week was very good for me. Here's some of the stuff I pulled from the shelves:
- Royal blue Ermenegildo Zegna pajamas (the neatest thing I've probably ever found)
- Charles Tyrwhitt light blue slim fit dress shirt (someone was getting rid of about 10 CT dress shirts in my size, but most of them had stains, etc. This one only has a chipped cuff button, but it still has the replacement button, and I own white thread and a needle - done and done.)
- Red, white, and navy Robert Talbott tie
- Light gray irish wool tie for The Three Penny Bit (ex- Georgetown boutique store that used to be on M St, where a Starbucks currently is)
- French press coffee maker (no brand to ID)
I may try and post some pictures later, if I can figure it all out.
Once again, love this thread!
Edited by MattR - 8/15/11 at 5:48pm
I agree... never heard of it before, I once saw a Zegna silk night robe in Saks for $1000
Always ahead of the game. its pretty much guaranteed.. anything in your size and style is SOLD to Mr. Spoo!