If you don't have something to show that you bought in a thrift store STFU. Go start a thread called "I don't like you because you have a different opinion then me" in the dumb thread forum. Here's the link http://www.styleforum.net/forum/list/18/dumb-threads.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 2/10/16 at 5:52pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 10/12/15 at 4:40pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 2/6/16 at 10:19am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 1/30/16 at 4:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- Men's clothes & shoes sizes--- Why are there so few Mediums 42R & 10.5 - 11 shoes? Last post on 10/8/15 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 1120post #16786 of 1387288/14/11 at 4:03pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #16787 of 1387288/14/11 at 4:06pmpost #16788 of 1387288/14/11 at 4:17pmpost #16789 of 1387288/14/11 at 4:30pmQuote:Originally Posted by 83glt
On the subject of famous people, I found someone's custom tailored sportcoat collection at a local thrift the other day. Guy's name was Patrick Williams, I think....kinda drawing a blank on the last name. Guy was huge or just liked his jackets huge. Must have been at least 7' tall. Some of his jackets looked like they were intentionally long, too. Must have been a basketball player. All were pretty gaudy but were very well made. All were made by Adrian Jules.
One time Gale Sayers bid on some Charles Tyrwhitt shirts I was selling. He wasn't the top bidder thoughpost #16790 of 1387288/14/11 at 4:35pmpost #16791 of 1387288/14/11 at 5:11pmpost #16792 of 1387288/14/11 at 5:14pmEvening everyone. This is my first time posting in any of the forums, but I've been lurking for a few months. Thrifting is a hobby of mine, and this is my favorite thread by far, so I wanted to play along.
This week was very good for me. Here's some of the stuff I pulled from the shelves:
- Royal blue Ermenegildo Zegna pajamas (the neatest thing I've probably ever found)
- Charles Tyrwhitt light blue slim fit dress shirt (someone was getting rid of about 10 CT dress shirts in my size, but most of them had stains, etc. This one only has a chipped cuff button, but it still has the replacement button, and I own white thread and a needle - done and done.)
- Red, white, and navy Robert Talbott tie
- Light gray irish wool tie for The Three Penny Bit (ex- Georgetown boutique store that used to be on M St, where a Starbucks currently is)
- French press coffee maker (no brand to ID)
I may try and post some pictures later, if I can figure it all out.
Once again, love this thread!
Edited by MattR - 8/15/11 at 5:48pmpost #16793 of 1387288/14/11 at 7:05pmpost #16794 of 1387288/14/11 at 7:12pmpost #16795 of 1387288/14/11 at 7:16pmpost #16796 of 1387288/14/11 at 7:21pmpost #16797 of 1387288/14/11 at 7:25pm
I agree... never heard of it before, I once saw a Zegna silk night robe in Saks for $1000
Always ahead of the game. its pretty much guaranteed.. anything in your size and style is SOLD to Mr. Spoo!post #16798 of 1387288/14/11 at 7:28pmpost #16799 of 1387288/14/11 at 7:33pmpost #16800 of 1387288/14/11 at 7:45pm
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
Currently, there are 1597 Active Users (385 Members and 1212 Guests)
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 58 seconds ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 2 minutes ago
- › Vicuna Topcoat? 2 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 3 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 4 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 4 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 5 minutes ago
- › Creases on a doble-breasted suit 7 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 9 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?