or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 931

post #13951 of 109303
went to one off the best producing thrifts caouple days ago.
recently decided to try and make my clothing habit at least self supporting. so i picked up a Kiton DB suit

took a quick pic of the jacket. it is actually brown and in really nice shape.
does this have potential to flip?
also a Brioni SC sorry no pics it at the cleaners.
and the tie dept was good to me too.

L-R zegna, harry rosen, robert talbott best of class
http://
luigi borrelli napoli-zegna-enrico ricci

luciano barbera-enro-firenze-gianluca isaia

this one has a cool texture its made by ferre.

all these items are in great shape and are better in person , sorry for my crap photo taking.
most ties look unworn i think they are all good quality ties. in the past i would have just cherry picked 2-3 and left the rest.
hope i can sell some of these , because now i have way more ties than i need.

anyways since you guys have a good eye for this stuff tell me what you think.
and if you want anything here pm me

also picked up a midnight blue shawl collar tux jacket , that will be for flipping
post #13952 of 109303
Nice finds, especially on the Kiton! I've yet to find a Kiton item in a thrift
post #13953 of 109303
Quote:
Originally Posted by canuckstyle View Post

all these items are in great shape and are better in person , sorry for my crap photo taking.
most ties look unworn i think they are all good quality ties. in the past i would have just cherry picked 2-3 and left the rest.
hope i can sell some of these , because now i have way more ties than i need.

anyways since you guys have a good eye for this stuff tell me what you think.
and if you want anything here pm me

also picked up a midnight blue shawl collar tux jacket , that will be for flipping

The Kiton is def. worth selling either on eBay or B&S, among the ties maybe only the Borrelli, solely in my own experience. Kitons are scarce, in four years of thrifting I've found just one jacket and a few ties. Brioni jackets and suits? 15 or 16 altogether, not counting the 3 or 4 I left because of shine and/or moth holes.
post #13954 of 109303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nataku View Post
Nice finds, especially on the Kiton! I've yet to find a Kiton item in a thrift

How is this possible?
post #13955 of 109303
I can't figure it out myself. I've been thrifting for about 10 years now. It's more scarce here because there isn't a retailer here in Minnesota that sells Kiton (which I don't really understand as they sell Brioni and it does quite well). I know it's around because several other MN thrifters have found multiple Kiton pieces.
post #13956 of 109303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nataku View Post
I can't figure it out myself. I've been thrifting for about 10 years now. It's more scarce here because there isn't a retailer here in Minnesota that sells Kiton (which I don't really understand as they sell Brioni and it does quite well). I know it's around because several other MN thrifters have found multiple Kiton pieces.

Neiman-Marcus in Minneapolis sells Kiton.
post #13957 of 109303
Really? Wow - I thought they only sold Brioni. I haven't been in the store in aeons. Last time I was in there they just had Brioni and Isaia for nicer tailored clothing.
post #13958 of 109303
I wonder if this will be a big week for thrifting as people are reminded to donate for tax purposes.
Stopped into GW and only had 10 minutes to spare, Bam!

5 recent Zegna shirts
1 Etro shirt
1 Burberry shirt
1 Robert Graham
1 Ike Behar for Neiman Marcus
1 Faconnable
post #13959 of 109303
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonylumpkin View Post
I've had a couple PMs regarding these shoes that have refered to them as croc. They weren't calling me out on listing them as alligator, just comments like: "beautiful pair of crocs", etc.

I'm no expert in exotics, but I thought they were alligator and was told they are alligator. Since I have them listed in B&S as alligator, I'd really like to know if I'm wrong so I can correct the listing. Any other opinions?

Just put "croc/gator".
post #13960 of 109303
Quote:
Originally Posted by canuckstyle View Post
went to one off the best producing thrifts caouple days ago.
recently decided to try and make my clothing habit at least self supporting. so i picked up a Kiton DB suit

took a quick pic of the jacket. it is actually brown and in really nice shape.
does this have potential to flip?
also a Brioni SC sorry no pics it at the cleaners.
and the tie dept was good to me too.

L-R zegna, harry rosen, robert talbott best of class
http://
luigi borrelli napoli-zegna-enrico ricci

luciano barbera-enro-firenze-gianluca isaia

this one has a cool texture its made by ferre.

all these items are in great shape and are better in person , sorry for my crap photo taking.
most ties look unworn i think they are all good quality ties. in the past i would have just cherry picked 2-3 and left the rest.
hope i can sell some of these , because now i have way more ties than i need.

anyways since you guys have a good eye for this stuff tell me what you think.
and if you want anything here pm me

also picked up a midnight blue shawl collar tux jacket , that will be for flipping

thats a nice borelli tie, is it 7fold? and are you selling or keeping?
post #13961 of 109303
I don't think the Kiton Blazer is flippable. If you want, I can take it for $15
post #13962 of 109303
Inspired by this thread I hit the local thrift store about a month ago. Didn't find anything my size but did see a nice custom made suit, unfortunately was not my size. I tried again last week and found a nice HSM Gold Trumpeter in my size for $20. I'll need to have the waist let out, the hem dropped and have the jacket waist taken in, but I happy with my find.
post #13963 of 109303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nataku View Post
I can't figure it out myself. I've been thrifting for about 10 years now. It's more scarce here because there isn't a retailer here in Minnesota that sells Kiton (which I don't really understand as they sell Brioni and it does quite well). I know it's around because several other MN thrifters have found multiple Kiton pieces.

Nataku,not to rub it in but theres nothing like it,quite orgasmic actually
post #13964 of 109303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nataku View Post
Really? Wow - I thought they only sold Brioni. I haven't been in the store in aeons. Last time I was in there they just had Brioni and Isaia for nicer tailored clothing.

I would have thought you guys had stores that sold them: the one time I was in the Twin Cities I saw a BNWT's Kiton for $750 at the Last Call or Off 5th (can't remember which) that's on the main street just down from the Target headquarters. I was in there because - seriously - it was 17 below.

Don't feel bad. We probably have 3-4 stores in Dallas that sell Kiton, and Stanley Korshak has a in-store Kiton boutique, yet in two years of thrifting I've only found two Kiton ties. I just think that - probably because of us - everyone seems to know that is a holy grail label so they get snatched up. I've seen a few on eBay from here so I think every "pro" has that label on their radar.
post #13965 of 109303
I picked up a couple vests that I'm happy about, since I have been wanting a couple nice ones. They both fit great.

The pic on the right is closer to the color.










And I couldn't pass these two coats up...straight up vintage rock and roll! And they fit! too bad my rock and roll days have come and gone!

Vintage Lord & Taylor!

Velvet Paisley!!! Made by PBM?



D.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread