or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 868

post #13006 of 112845
Quote:
Originally Posted by breakfasteatre View Post
kiton ending up in a canadian thrift store is interesting, just like the 15 steven alan button ups i found in orillia

i see alan every other day,kiton every other month
post #13007 of 112845
Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchy View Post
i see alan every other day,kiton every other month

Wow, Kiton every month? I am thrifting at the wrooooong places!

If anyone ever finds and kiton jackets in 40/41/42, I will GLADLY buy them from you.

Cheers

post #13008 of 112845
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguymj View Post
Wow, Kiton every month? I am thrifting at the wrooooong places!

If anyone ever finds and kiton jackets in 40/41/42, I will GLADLY buy them from you.

Cheers


yeah you and everybody else
post #13009 of 112845
Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchy View Post
yeah you and everybody else

Do you only pick thrift stores? I've never met a professional that only thrifted. I picked yard sales/estate sales for years, in addition to working as a cosigner for an antique shop it was resnabley profitable, at least for an 19 year old kid.

What's your best find? I once found a box of 4 Rembrandt etchings.
post #13010 of 112845
Found a pair of Ferragamo's today. But because of my amazing luck, they had no price tag! And of course if it's at a thrift store and isn't priced, they can't sell it until the next day after they price it. Fuck.
post #13011 of 112845
Picked up a nice Tom Ford SC today at Neiman Marcus Last Call for $388. Marked 65% off and they took an additional 30% off of that price too! They also had some nice Isaia and Brioni's on sale as well. I'm a dumbass as I should have purchased those as well! BUT, there's always tomorrow!
post #13012 of 112845
.....
post #13013 of 112845
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Of Lint View Post
Photos of these alleged Kitons Frenchy, or it didnt happen.

go back about 500 pages,of the ones i found and picked up anyway,a lot of it i leave behind (like the 40 short today).im emailing pics of the 4 Brionis to nataku shortly if you dont believe me.
unless ist spectacular i leave some of the kitons behind,im not impressed with their suits.The cashmere sportcoats are very nice though.the suits...meh
the best suit i have ever found is still a 190 wool Boss Selection tailored line with real Horn Buttons (the handmade in germany line) yeah yeah hugo Boss i know,but go check it out sometime (they have their own store www.boss-selection.com/main.php?L=en )
as far as over all consitent quality i gotta go with RLPL or Tom Ford stuff (gasp)
post #13014 of 112845
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Of Lint View Post
.....

aha too late i already quoted lol
post #13015 of 112845
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navi View Post
Found a pair of Ferragamo's today. But because of my amazing luck, they had no price tag! And of course if it's at a thrift store and isn't priced, they can't sell it until the next day after they price it. Fuck.

never happened to me, i always try to help them make up a nice fair price if there is no tag
post #13016 of 112845
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew96 View Post
What's your best find? I once found a box of 4 Rembrandt etchings.

DUDE NICE! I would kill for that.
post #13017 of 112845
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew96 View Post
Do you only pick thrift stores? I've never met a professional that only thrifted. I picked yard sales/estate sales for years, in addition to working as a cosigner for an antique shop it was resnabley profitable, at least for an 19 year old kid.

What's your best find? I once found a box of 4 Rembrandt etchings.

my best find monetary wise or just closest to my heart? no Rembrandts here,hmm thats a a hard quetion will have to think on that one.
as far as thrifting and being paid,i have two houses paid off in europe (france and poland on the baltic sea) and im only 36 so yeah frenchy is doing allright
post #13018 of 112845
Quote:
Originally Posted by davesmith View Post
never happened to me, i always try to help them make up a nice fair price if there is no tag

It's policy for pretty much every chain thrift store around here. I used to work at one, there isn't any negotiating, it really sucks.
post #13019 of 112845
The Goodwill around here prices stuff on the spot if it's missing, but the Salvation Army used to be strict, depending on who was at the register. I could always convince them. If I knew I couldn't, I'd grab a price tag that I thought was fair off something else that I know nobody would care about and say it fell off. Worked every time. I don't do it anymore because I haven't run into the problem in at least 5 years. All the thrifts around here either give me a price at the register or have it priced in the back within minutes. The whole "it takes a day to price it" routine is BS in my opinion.
post #13020 of 112845
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nataku View Post
The Goodwill around here prices stuff on the spot if it's missing, but the Salvation Army used to be strict, depending on who was at the register. I could always convince them. If I knew I couldn't, I'd grab a price tag that I thought was fair off something else that I know nobody would care about and say it fell off. Worked every time. I don't do it anymore because I haven't run into the problem in at least 5 years. All the thrifts around here either give me a price at the register or have it priced in the back within minutes. The whole "it takes a day to price it" routine is BS in my opinion.

It is bullshit, back when I worked at Salvation Army the only person who could price stuff on the spot was the Store Manager. But I was tired and hungry so I didn't feel like complaining and waiting to get it priced
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread