or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 784

post #11746 of 110285
Any one interested in trading for a NWOT Brooks Brothers no-iron shirt? A bottom down collar, a nice solid blue, 15 1/2 34. I was pretty excited because it would have filled a hole in my wardrobe, I thought it would fit, but it's just way too big.

Basically, all the good stuff, clothingwise, is too big for me...any more I just pass over the stuff that won't fit.
post #11747 of 110285


johnson woolen mills hunting jacket, looks almost unworn
post #11748 of 110285
Not to brag or anything, but pair of EG Troons...my size..less than 30 bucks. Gently worn, just need a nice polish and I am good to go!

Dave
post #11749 of 110285
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie View Post
Not to brag or anything

You do realize the title of this thread, correct?

Nice find.
post #11750 of 110285
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarrelMaker View Post


johnson woolen mills hunting jacket, looks almost unworn


Love it! I have an old Chippewa Falls Woolen Mill jacket almost exactly like this from the late 40's/early 50's. Great casual jacket on a cool autumn day.
post #11751 of 110285
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nataku View Post
Love it! I have an old Chippewa Falls Woolen Mill jacket almost exactly like this from the late 40's/early 50's. Great casual jacket on a cool autumn day.

yeah im really happy with it! its very similar to my filson mackinaw. the shells are almost identical except the collar shape and the johnson has zipper game pockets as opposed to buttons. the biggest difference is the johnson is lined and the filson is not.
post #11752 of 110285
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie View Post
Not to brag or anything, but pair of EG Troons...my size..less than 30 bucks. Gently worn, just need a nice polish and I am good to go!

Dave

We do brag here!
BTW pics or it did not happen
post #11753 of 110285
Havent had much luck lately plus schools been keeping me too busy to thrift but I came up on a decent leather shoulder/brief the other day for $5: Doesnt look like it got much use: And took a pic of the burberry golf polo i mentioned a few weeks back:
post #11754 of 110285
Got a great Brooks Brothers tie for 8 dollars today at Filene's.
post #11755 of 110285
I passed a St Andrew suit and half a dozen Zegna dress shirts, half a dozen Lorenzini dress shirts and a Borrelli dress shirt.

I did got myself a pair of Banfi alligator tassel loafers, and a pair of Banfi sea turtle (or maybe alligator) captoes. I will post photos later and I need help to identify the leather too.
post #11756 of 110285
Quote:
Originally Posted by mat135ta View Post
I passed a St Andrew suit and half a dozen Zegna dress shirts, half a dozen Lorenzini dress shirts and a Borrelli dress shirt.

I hope they were in questionable shape or way overpriced
post #11757 of 110285
+1. Especially the Saint Andrews and the Borrelli.
post #11758 of 110285
Quote:
Originally Posted by amadar View Post
I hope they were in questionable shape or way overpriced

The Borrelli was not in good shape. The St. Andrew is not cheap, but still two figures, so not priced ridicules either. I just don't want the hassle and risk to resell it. I think it is in 46R.
post #11759 of 110285
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nataku View Post
+1. Especially the Saint Andrews and the Borrelli.

Exactly!
post #11760 of 110285
Quote:
Originally Posted by catside View Post
We do brag here!
BTW pics or it did not happen

Picture sure makes them look worse than in real life...maybe they aren't in as good shape as i thought!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread