or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 7539

post #113071 of 114721
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cotton Dockers View Post


Thanks! it's an indigo denim patchwork jacket by Garbstore that I got on a deep discount from Uncle Otis.


get tiz http://www.couvertureandthegarbstore.com/Product/?p=8640&i=10263

 

wtf...lolz

 

http://www.couvertureandthegarbstore.com/product/?p=7595

post #113072 of 114721
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooker4186 View Post

What, no "still goin'"? I am disappoint.

I was actually done at that point. Beer time. smile.gif
post #113073 of 114721
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

I was actually done at that point. Beer time. smile.gif

+1

7&7 in thrifted mugs.

post #113074 of 114721
^ Dude in the back is epic.

Thats not pot, its a cigar, RIGHT?
post #113075 of 114721
Quote:
Originally Posted by dappercanadian View Post
 

Does anyone know about this "Scott & Mchale" brand? I can't find much except that they aren't in business anymore. These seem really nice though and are $40. Worth the cop?

Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, z1.1.0. ||B2

 

Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, z1.1.0. ||B2

 

Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, z1.1.0. ||B2

Copped them. Construction on these is insane!

post #113076 of 114721
Grandfather in law. 93, chain smokes cigars since he was a kid, full of Seagrams every day. Still driving, and working upholstery.
post #113077 of 114721
^^ Scott McHale shoes look awesome!!! ^^
post #113078 of 114721
Quote:
Originally Posted by dappercanadian View Post

Does anyone know about this "Scott & Mchale" brand? I can't find much except that they aren't in business anymore. These seem really nice though and are $40. Worth the cop?
Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, z1.1.0. ||B2


Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, z1.1.0. ||B2


Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, z1.1.0. ||B2

What city are you in? I wonder who carries those here in Canada?

Beautiful shoes btw!
post #113079 of 114721
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChetB View Post
 

Good call @TheNeedMachine.

 

Yeah, ended up walking.  If it had the serial #, and had been 50% off, would have kopped. 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by richnet12 View Post


$450? Thrift for one item or leave it ...and thrift on that cash for a lifetime!

 

I don't mind picking something up as an investment, if I can be guaranteed of a return on it later.  I saw this one and this one, and that's why I was considering it...

 

EDIT: I'm actually still thinking about going back for another look...but that damned ground off serial # is a bitch to get over...

post #113080 of 114721
I haven't been able to thrift much for the past few months aside from the store a couple blocks from me due to taking a new job. Its been trying to say the least. Love keeping up with the thread though too many good finds lately to even start mentioning them. A couple things I have been able to pick up though:

Emanuele Maffeis linen shirt. A new to me maker (might be good for you e-thrifters looking for personal items) has some damage thought I'd show it off before I take it apart to take a stab a making a pattern.


Matching pair of vintage ties from an off Savile tailor

post #113081 of 114721

What I did kop today (save for a few things not really worth mentioning).  Nothing available at the moment.

 
 

badonk-a-donk (Click to show)

  

NWOB AE Broadstreet, 10.5.

 

 

  

 

The biggest piece of McCoy I ever remember seeing...

 

 

  

 

How big?  For perspective, the 10.5 AE's almost fit inside.

 

 

e-thrift from a few days ago (arrived today).

  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  

I always pass on Uniqlo, but this toggle coat was decent enough.

 

 

 

 

 

 

From the sad old days, when a bowling equipment manufacturer owned Harley (don't remember what years that was, but, the bad kid in the original Bad News Bears rode an AMF Harley - so - 70's-ish).

 

 

 

 

Detachable fur trim on hood.  

 

  

 

I am 100% sure it's real fur, but no idea from what animal.  Any clues?  Dyed raccoon maybe? Feels softer...but I've never petted a raccoon so not that I'd know.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Off brand, but Loro Storm System.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  

  

Not even sure what I'm looking at here yet, aside from the obvious (NWT tincloth Filson jacket and waders / gaiters of some sort).  Came together but I'm not sure they were originally a set.  Will do my sleuthing later - that's half the fun! 

 

EDIT: jacket is shelter cloth, not tin cloth, Upland Waterfowl model.  Chaps are single tin...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Edited by TheNeedMachine - 8/30/14 at 7:03pm
post #113082 of 114721
@bros:

So what is the exact deal with those old school ties that are like very thin and small, but not "skinny ties", exactly....anyone know what I mean? (I coulda been had a lot of tiny vintage Brooks and Zegna, but just didn't know the scoop).

Found me some nice Hermes instead. biggrin.gif
post #113083 of 114721
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNeedMachine View Post

What I did kop today (save for a few things not really worth mentioning).  Nothing available at the moment.
 

  badonk-a-donk (Click to show)
  
NWOB AE Broadstreet, 10.5.






  

The biggest piece of McCoy I ever remember seeing...






  

How big?  For perspective, the 10.5 AE's almost fit inside.




e-thrift from a few days ago (arrived today).
  


































































  
I always pass on Uniqlo, but this toggle coat was decent enough.












From the sad old days, when a bowling equipment manufacturer owned Harley (don't remember what years that was, but, the bad kid in the original Bad News Bears rode an AMF Harley - so - 70's-ish).










Detachable fur trim on hood.  



  

I am 100% sure it's real fur, but no idea from what animal.  Any clues?  Dyed raccoon maybe? Feels softer...but I've never petted a raccoon so not that I'd know.
























Off brand, but Loro Storm System.










































  
  
Not even sure what I'm looking at here yet, aside from the obvious (NWT tincloth Filson jacket and waders / gaiters of some sort).  Came together but I'm not sure they were originally a set.  Will do my sleuthing later - that's half the fun! 
















wow, all that today?
post #113084 of 114721
Hey guys, anyone sitting on a pair of Womens jeans in a size 2? My gf is tired of her jeans from American Eagle so she's going to try something else.
post #113085 of 114721
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_machine View Post


Yessir...tho the one sweater came in the mail - the rest I picked up today.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread