or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 7404

post #111046 of 115186
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftydood View Post

Had probably my best clothing-related find. I found the jacket first, and was going to pick it up as an orphan, but I did manage to reunite it with the pants.

oh baby
post #111047 of 115186
Does anyone know anything about coins? Frenchy may have just had the find of eternity.

http://frenchyfoundit.tumblr.com/post/93828946178/sitting-liberty-silver-dollaz
post #111048 of 115186
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

Does anyone know anything about coins? Frenchy may have just had the find of eternity.

http://frenchyfoundit.tumblr.com/post/93828946178/sitting-liberty-silver-dollaz

That one is nowhere near $20k. It's beat (far from BU). Nice finds for the money tho. I'm sure he's smart enough to send it for PCGS grading and valuation.
post #111049 of 115186

Nice Tom Ford find. Hope it didn't cost you too much. The best feeling is when the good stuff flies under the radar. I lived in Los Angeles the past 2 years and never found a single piece of Tom Ford. I guess I was doing it wrong  :puzzled: 

post #111050 of 115186
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcmcklwht View Post
 


Nice Orvis, but I think it's a womens, no?

I think you are correct. The buttons are going down the opposite side. I just grabbed it quick and assumed it was mens because it looked kind of masculine but i'm guessing I was wrong.

post #111051 of 115186
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccl88 View Post

I think you are correct. The buttons are going down the opposite side. I just grabbed it quick and assumed it was mens because it looked kind of masculine but i'm guessing I was wrong.

It's still a Zambezi and desirable tho. Sell sell sell!
post #111052 of 115186
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

Does anyone know anything about coins? Frenchy may have just had the find of eternity.

http://frenchyfoundit.tumblr.com/post/93828946178/sitting-liberty-silver-dollaz

LOL just went through his post about me. Made fun of the shearling denim I picked up on one of the early days when I started thrifting. Oh well, always space to learn. No hurt feelings I guess.

post #111053 of 115186
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrizzy View Post
 

LOL just went through his post about me. Made fun of the shearling denim I picked up on one of the early days when I started thrifting. Oh well, always space to learn. No hurt feelings I guess.

 

i don't really care for the stuff he types, but some of those finds are fucking incredible.  

post #111054 of 115186
Quote:
Originally Posted by borbor View Post
 

 

i don't really care for the stuff he types, but some of those finds are fucking incredible.  

 

lol I guess he's one of the reasons why everybody thinks my people is arrogant as fuck :teach: 

post #111055 of 115186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr G from SD View Post

Nice Tom Ford find. Hope it didn't cost you too much. The best feeling is when the good stuff flies under the radar. I lived in Los Angeles the past 2 years and never found a single piece of Tom Ford. I guess I was doing it wrong  puzzled.gif  

This was my first Tom Ford ever, and it was only $1 smile.gif Keep looking my friend!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tom-Ford-Light-Blue-Italy-Cotton-mens-Sz-15-75-Dress-Shirt-/351131958174?pt=US_Men_s_Dress_Shirts&hash=item51c1187b9e
post #111056 of 115186
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorianQC View Post
 

 

lol I guess he's one of the reasons why everybody thinks my people are arrogant as fuck :teach:

 

nah, us canadians are nice.

 

 

i've always said to people, if Quebec goes, leave the bitches and race cars behind; the rest of the shit can go :laugh: 

 

the fact that he knows other thrifters' schedules, that's a bit much :D

post #111057 of 115186
Quote:
Originally Posted by borbor View Post
 

 

nah, us canadians are nice.

 

 

i've always said to people, if Quebec goes, leave the bitches and race cars behind; the rest of the shit can go :laugh: 

 

the fact that he knows other thrifters' schedules, that's a bit much :D

 

Nah I'm French and will be Canadian in about a year or so :) Whatever, I'm fucking arrogant too :censored:

 

Dang I'll have to pledge my loyalty to Elizabeth -_-

post #111058 of 115186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koala-T View Post
 

*HAPPYFACE*

@dappercanadian , being the awesome dude he is sent me one of his wonderful BB ties on spec without even worrying about whether or not I get him back. WHAT A GUY!

 

*SADFACE*

Had to leave a KITON behind. Brown pinstriped orphan with moth holes. No pants in site. Made me feel all bad inside to leave it there. 

It made it there already? God damn! It's pretty sad that it's faster to ship things to Texas from Canada than to ship within the same province!

post #111059 of 115186
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post
  Ok, to be honest with you guys....it's gonna to get a little weird in here now. (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

W.T.F...That's creepy but kinda cool, too! Did you sell it yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftydood View Post
 

Had probably my best clothing-related find. I found the jacket first, and was going to pick it up as an orphan, but I did manage to reunite it with the pants.

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

If you can already tell what it is, yes, it is what you think it is. I get that if you live in LA you find one of these every week, but for me this is a grail (just wish it were my size).
 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Beautiful lapel roll

 

Wide peak lapels

 

Self-facing underside

 

Flat-front pants with sidetab adjusters

 

Made by Zegna
 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

You guessed it.

 


Available, but I'd want something pretty nice in trade.

 

That must have been a great feeling/moment!!! Awesome!

post #111060 of 115186

Holy shit! @frenchyhaha, yeah, that was me asking about your 1RM since I've been so obsessed about working out. 

 

Did you guys see that Sydney Mamane selvedge shirt he thrifted?! Unreal, bros! Mad Respect! :slayer:

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread