I would add they wrote 'garson' and not 'garçon' on purpose :D Spelling mistake ^^
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 2/10/16 at 5:52pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 10/12/15 at 4:40pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 2/6/16 at 10:19am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 1/30/16 at 4:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- Men's clothes & shoes sizes--- Why are there so few Mediums 42R & 10.5 - 11 shoes? Last post on 10/8/15 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 7351post #110251 of 1387287/23/14 at 9:21pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #110252 of 1387287/23/14 at 9:23pmpost #110253 of 1387287/23/14 at 9:31pmQuote:Originally Posted by Koala-T
Here's a few things:
NWT J. Lindeberg. Weird thing here: It's labeled a 44L, but obviously measures a slim 36S. Maybe that's why it was in the Goodwill (n/a) Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
EU sizing (aka, USA 34) plus fashionably short, maybe?post #110254 of 1387287/23/14 at 9:46pmpost #110255 of 1387287/23/14 at 11:03pmQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by rokor
Speaking of N&F. Anyone want some 34/32 Weird Guy Selvedge? Two pairs in like new condition, one a light blue and another more of a deep indigo. They've both shrunk quite a bit and when I tried them on they were at least one or two full sizes smaller.
Today's pick up from me includes one pair of selvedge jeans I can't seem to identify; kinda hoping some of the denim experts on here may be able to lend a thought.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
The last pic reads; 100% cotton, fabricado em UE. The only other label is the size tag which reads 33/36(fits a bit smaller than that though).
It looks like the Ransom Holdings Co. label. They are a Canadian company that makes shoes. I've never seen their jeans before so I don't know too much about them. Sometimes, I see made in the EU, I automatically thinks it's made in Canada.Quote:Originally Posted by SpooPoker
had the itch pretty bad today. Headed out on the way home and scratched it. Was sort of meh, but good to get out. 4 pairs of J Crew pants in my size, and opal ring for my daughter, and thats about it.
Until I saw this fucker getting wheeled out literally as my hand was on the door going out.
I know nothing about it except its probably one of the coolest things Ive bought. @eazye is this the peugeot Im looking for? DEAD MINT.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
IDK shit about bikes but all I know is that thing looks badass!Quote:Originally Posted by matty long legs
McCulley's (Highlands, NC) wool/silk tie. Really impressed with the quality. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Hackett wool vest
That is sooooooooo sick!post #110256 of 1387287/24/14 at 4:29ampost #110257 of 1387287/24/14 at 7:21amQuote:Originally Posted by schmidtdalton13
If this is double breasted with "Neiman Marcus" on the label. I returned that jacket to a GW southwest of the cities a week ago. I couldn't find the pants after a week of looking at the original store I bought the jacket at, which was a GW north east of the cities.post #110258 of 1387287/24/14 at 7:57ampost #110259 of 1387287/24/14 at 8:03ampost #110260 of 1387287/24/14 at 8:44amQuote:
A week after I got back from Italy, I noticed a $60 charge from a place in PA on my check card that I didn't make. I assumed that somehow it was related to my trip, but now I'm thinking it might have been because of this.post #110261 of 1387287/24/14 at 9:02ampost #110262 of 1387287/24/14 at 10:03ampost #110263 of 1387287/24/14 at 11:14ampost #110264 of 1387287/24/14 at 11:30amQuote:
But seriously, the picking in Athens depend on if you're thrifting for resale or for yourself/trade. Your primary donors are students and professors/retiring alum. From the students you get a lot of mid-tier basics, J. Crew, PRL, middle of the road BB, and a decent mix of neo-prep/southern prep brands like VV, SoPro, ect. From the professors and retiring alum you get significantly better stuff but it's more classically styled and looser fitting and typically local store brands, well-made but unknown on the secondary market, or brands that used to be good but have declined recently. I don't do SW/D so I can't tell you about the availability of that stuff but I'd imagine it's about the same. If you want, let me know when you get back in town and I'll show you where the various thrift stores are. You can hit all but one of them on a single loop if you do it right.
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 1 minute ago
- › Vicuna Topcoat? 2 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 3 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 6 minutes ago
- › Help for a gift! 6 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 6 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?