Yes....... Happy birthday!!!!!!!!!!!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 8:58 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 10/12/15 at 4:40pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 2/6/16 at 10:19am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 1/30/16 at 4:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- Men's clothes & shoes sizes--- Why are there so few Mediums 42R & 10.5 - 11 shoes? Last post on 10/8/15 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 7334
Styleforum Top Pickspost #109997 of 1387287/20/14 at 4:25amI bought two of these at TJ Maxx. I'm keeping one, and offering the other to a forum member for my cost plus shipping. Size L, sleeve is a 34/35. The armhole is high and the sleeves are not baggy like you find with some PRL stuff. 100% cotton, heavy weight. TJ Maxx price tag is still attached.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #109998 of 1387287/20/14 at 5:03ampost #109999 of 1387287/20/14 at 5:35amDapperCanadian, that PRL jacket is real. Most of their stuff is made in thirds world countries. I had a similar style Woolrich jacket with a horrible cigarette smell a few months ago. You need a spray bottle and white vinegar. Spray the hell out of the inside of the jacket and put it in the dryer with a dryer sheet.post #110000 of 1387287/20/14 at 6:15amQuote:Originally Posted by highvoltorb
DapperCanadian, that PRL jacket is real. Most of their stuff is made in thirds world countries. I had a similar style Woolrich jacket with a horrible cigarette smell a few months ago. You need a spray bottle and white vinegar. Spray the hell out of the inside of the jacket and put it in the dryer with a dryer sheet.
Thanks dude. I'm going to give it a shot today. I knew that Polo used third world countries for manufacturing (I used to work for Polo actually lol), I just don't think I've ever seen ANYTHING, let alone Polo, with a Made in Jamaica tag. Must be an older piece or something.post #110001 of 1387287/20/14 at 6:29amA few recent "vacay" finds. I put "vacay" in air quotes because I've been working a suspicious amount for a true vacation. Still, I have been surfing too, so I guess I can't complain.
Most of this stuff is already listed, but if it has no bids and you're into it, get at me.
Warning: Lots of pictures (Click to show)
I will probably eventually regret not keeping this.
You'll never guess who made it! (Click to show)
(Not sure yet whether these are poly or raw silk; will do the burn test)
E thrift (from SF B&S) collection All size 16ish x 34! (Click to show)
Crombie, wool and cashmere:post #110002 of 1387287/20/14 at 6:33ampost #110003 of 1387287/20/14 at 7:17ampost #110004 of 1387287/20/14 at 7:19am
Little e-thrift for myself, nothing fancy, but should fall nicely as a non-regular in my rotation:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/FLORSHEIM-Men-039-s-Black-Leather-Monk-Strap-Cap-Toe-Slip-On-Shoes-sz-11-D-/251587276545?ViewItem=&ssPageName=ADME%3AB%3AEOIBSA%3AUS%3A3160&item=251587276545&nma=true&si=jPh7XgKSZrjflezjv%252F01BWSOscE%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557post #110005 of 1387287/20/14 at 9:38ampost #110006 of 1387287/20/14 at 9:52ampost #110007 of 1387287/20/14 at 11:01amQuote:Originally Posted by noob
NOoOO Oo oOoOooo ooooo OO, I don't understand, nook whhhhyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!
With all the nice stuff rolling in, I still can't believe these would make it to Goodwill.
If they're made in Italy, they should at least be a few years old....I'd check out like '11 and below if you must know the exact season. If they're made in Portugal, they're newer. Googling the serial number might be the fastest route.
Wow, thanks! I feel foolish for not having done this before. I just found exactly what I was looking for when I googled the serial number They're made in Italy and from and 2009-10 F/W. Polyvore had them listed at $655 at one point.post #110008 of 1387287/20/14 at 11:02amTell me about this "I" "banking" -- this is something I could do in my spare time? With no experience?
I'm finding it harder and harder to keep up with this thread, and my most recent find is a plaid-ish Paul Smith western-ish shirt that would not look out of place with EG (why I picked it up).
Sadly, my Loro Piana days appear to be over.post #110009 of 1387287/20/14 at 11:09am
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › BRAVE ICONS JEANS 59 seconds ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 1 minute ago
- › Cars We Drive! 1 minute ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 2 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 2 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 2 minutes ago
- › what to say to hairdresser to get hair cut like this? 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What products do I use and how to I care for...
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.