Yes....... Happy birthday!!!!!!!!!!!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 9:22 am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 7/18/16 at 7:08pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 6/1/16 at 8:43am in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 7/1/16 at 12:12am in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 7334post #109997 of 1387287/20/14 at 4:25amI bought two of these at TJ Maxx. I'm keeping one, and offering the other to a forum member for my cost plus shipping. Size L, sleeve is a 34/35. The armhole is high and the sleeves are not baggy like you find with some PRL stuff. 100% cotton, heavy weight. TJ Maxx price tag is still attached.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #109998 of 1387287/20/14 at 5:03ampost #109999 of 1387287/20/14 at 5:35amDapperCanadian, that PRL jacket is real. Most of their stuff is made in thirds world countries. I had a similar style Woolrich jacket with a horrible cigarette smell a few months ago. You need a spray bottle and white vinegar. Spray the hell out of the inside of the jacket and put it in the dryer with a dryer sheet.post #110000 of 1387287/20/14 at 6:15amQuote:Originally Posted by highvoltorb
DapperCanadian, that PRL jacket is real. Most of their stuff is made in thirds world countries. I had a similar style Woolrich jacket with a horrible cigarette smell a few months ago. You need a spray bottle and white vinegar. Spray the hell out of the inside of the jacket and put it in the dryer with a dryer sheet.
Thanks dude. I'm going to give it a shot today. I knew that Polo used third world countries for manufacturing (I used to work for Polo actually lol), I just don't think I've ever seen ANYTHING, let alone Polo, with a Made in Jamaica tag. Must be an older piece or something.post #110001 of 1387287/20/14 at 6:29amA few recent "vacay" finds. I put "vacay" in air quotes because I've been working a suspicious amount for a true vacation. Still, I have been surfing too, so I guess I can't complain.
Most of this stuff is already listed, but if it has no bids and you're into it, get at me.
Warning: Lots of pictures (Click to show)
I will probably eventually regret not keeping this.
You'll never guess who made it! (Click to show)
(Not sure yet whether these are poly or raw silk; will do the burn test)
E thrift (from SF B&S) collection All size 16ish x 34! (Click to show)
Crombie, wool and cashmere:post #110002 of 1387287/20/14 at 6:33ampost #110003 of 1387287/20/14 at 7:17ampost #110004 of 1387287/20/14 at 7:19am
Little e-thrift for myself, nothing fancy, but should fall nicely as a non-regular in my rotation:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/FLORSHEIM-Men-039-s-Black-Leather-Monk-Strap-Cap-Toe-Slip-On-Shoes-sz-11-D-/251587276545?ViewItem=&ssPageName=ADME%3AB%3AEOIBSA%3AUS%3A3160&item=251587276545&nma=true&si=jPh7XgKSZrjflezjv%252F01BWSOscE%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557post #110005 of 1387287/20/14 at 9:38ampost #110006 of 1387287/20/14 at 9:52ampost #110007 of 1387287/20/14 at 11:01amQuote:Originally Posted by noob
NOoOO Oo oOoOooo ooooo OO, I don't understand, nook whhhhyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!
With all the nice stuff rolling in, I still can't believe these would make it to Goodwill.
If they're made in Italy, they should at least be a few years old....I'd check out like '11 and below if you must know the exact season. If they're made in Portugal, they're newer. Googling the serial number might be the fastest route.
Wow, thanks! I feel foolish for not having done this before. I just found exactly what I was looking for when I googled the serial number They're made in Italy and from and 2009-10 F/W. Polyvore had them listed at $655 at one point.post #110008 of 1387287/20/14 at 11:02amTell me about this "I" "banking" -- this is something I could do in my spare time? With no experience?
I'm finding it harder and harder to keep up with this thread, and my most recent find is a plaid-ish Paul Smith western-ish shirt that would not look out of place with EG (why I picked it up).
Sadly, my Loro Piana days appear to be over.post #110009 of 1387287/20/14 at 11:09ampost #110010 of 1387287/20/14 at 11:29am
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 1 minute ago
- › Common Projects AC Low Tan Suede 3 minutes ago
- › Sartorial Leather Jackets by Craftsman Clothing - Official... 6 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 7 minutes ago
- › Instagram pages for style inspiration? 8 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 9 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 11 minutes ago
- › Ongoing Bespoke Projects 12 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton,... 19 minutes ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 22 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding