Had a good morning. No pics yet, but thrifted shells in my size (5th pair found in 3 weeks, but the first I've ever found for me), black leather chukkas from Barney's (also my size), a couple pars of Zanellas that don't have ridiculous numbers of pleats for myself, and a pretty cool vintage Banana Republic made in USA work shirt. Oh, and some stuff for feebay. Now to see if I can hit my cool of prepping 50 listings in a day.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 5:52 am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 10/12/15 at 4:40pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 2/6/16 at 10:19am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 1/30/16 at 4:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- Men's clothes & shoes sizes--- Why are there so few Mediums 42R & 10.5 - 11 shoes? Last post on 10/8/15 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 7268post #109006 of 1387287/5/14 at 10:48am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #109007 of 1387287/5/14 at 10:54amQuote:
I never feel bad about seeking profit. As long as its legal (and some legal stuff I wouldn't do) and I'm straight with a buyer.
Take away profit, the world stops in-place.
I hear people say "I really don't work for the money, I love what I do", but every single time a company decides to stop paying them, they go somewhere else where they get paid. So it is for the money for 99.9% of us.
Even the non-profits. Its about money. the couple who own the eastern NC GW franchise - $800K a year. I'm one of the few who don't care they make that much. I look at how they've grown GW in this area and if I were a board member, I would pay them.post #109008 of 1387287/5/14 at 11:08ampost #109009 of 1387287/5/14 at 11:24amQuote:
I've seen Goodwill's corporate workers driving brand new Lexus's, Audi's and BMW's. As someone who's brother worked for Goodwill and who is friends with many of the employees at the stores, I hear first hand that a lot of the profits are going to pay for the higher-up's $50k cars and $500,000+ houses. Not only that but I also hear about how they treat their employees. I never feel bad about turning a profit from them.post #109010 of 1387287/5/14 at 11:26amQuote:Originally Posted by Nataku
I've seen Goodwill's corporate workers driving brand new Lexus's, Audi's and BMW's. As someone who's brother worked for Goodwill and who is friends with many of the employees at the stores, I hear first hand that a lot of the profits are going to pay for the higher-up's $50k cars and $500,000+ houses. Not only that but I also hear about how they treat their employees. I never feel bad about turning a profit from them.
Mistreating American workers is fucking Un-American!post #109011 of 1387287/5/14 at 11:43ampost #109012 of 1387287/5/14 at 11:44ampost #109013 of 1387287/5/14 at 11:53amCheck eBay first though to see how out-of-line that price is. You may be able to get one there for a way better price. With that said, it's is a great looking jacket. $250 sounds steep but I suppose it is true vintage and not a replica so it has a lot of character. Also, I'd imagine a replica from a Japanese or American heritage/throw back label charging at least double that for a reproduction. Personally if it were my size I'd check eBay first, then try to bargain with the store owner accordingly.post #109014 of 1387287/5/14 at 12:00pmpost #109015 of 1387287/5/14 at 12:02pmpost #109016 of 1387287/5/14 at 12:03pmpost #109017 of 1387287/5/14 at 12:04pmpost #109018 of 1387287/5/14 at 12:08pmpost #109019 of 1387287/5/14 at 12:15pmpost #109020 of 1387287/5/14 at 12:17pmQuote:
Sadly, this. It's amazing how quickly people forget all the protections they enjoy with both unions and government labor laws looking out for them. Just look at the history of coal towns.
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Recent purchases - Part II 47 seconds ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) -... 1 minute ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 3 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 7 minutes ago
- › Site Topics - Part II 11 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 11 minutes ago
- › NFL 2015-16 Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...