or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 7259

post #108871 of 114874
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post
 

@barrelntrigger I think this is your size. Or some other 40R check it. Workwear isht:

 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Osh-Kosh-Vintage-Mens-Jacket-Sz-40-R-Blue-White-Striped-Train-Engineer-Denim-/310948083614?pt=US_CSA_MC_Outerwear&hash=item4865f3379e


Thanks, bro. But the styling is out dated and not my thing.

 

In other news, Coped a dope ass Barbour International Herringbone Jacket for a really killer price! Popcorning until I get it! :slayer:

 

This one. 

 

http://www.stuartslondon.com/coats-jackets-c23/jackets-c25/barbour-international-herringbone-black-jacket-mca0111bk11-p5690?utm_source=AffiliateWindow&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=My+Price+For&awc=3920_1404358118_96a1a8a3a453bd7d07651bf90733befd

post #108872 of 114874
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMcL View Post


One of these things is not like the others
One of these things doesn't belong
Can you tell which thing is not like the others
by the time I've finished this song....


the kitten? huh?

post #108873 of 114874
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMcL View Post

One of these things is not like the others
One of these things doesn't belong
Can you tell which thing is not like the others
by the time I've finished this song....

I'm guessing something in there is fake? I really don't know enough to tell if that's case. Help me out?
post #108874 of 114874
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLjon View Post


the kitten? huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAMU13 View Post

I'm guessing something in there is fake? I really don't know enough to tell if that's case. Help me out?

Really?

REALLY?

Look through that full post again. Most of it is awesome. One item sucks balls.

Look again.
post #108875 of 114874
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMcL View Post



Really?

REALLY?

Look through that full post again. Most of it is awesome. One item sucks balls.

Look again.

 

 

I should have put #sarcasm, I guess.

 

I was going to say something when he first posted (akin to, "Yeah, nice one, duder!"), but I didn't want to break his spirit.

post #108876 of 114874
Welcome! And fantastic first post with pics. Many of those items are excellent. Only one not worth bragging about is that C.Dior licensed stuff. But the knowledge will grow, as you stick around.
post #108877 of 114874
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoogz View Post

Welcome! And fantastic first post with pics. Many of those items are excellent. Only one not worth bragging about is that C.Dior licensed stuff. But the knowledge will grow, as you stick around.

Gotcha. Yea it was just a recognizable designer so I picked it up. I'm only out 99c on it so I don't feel too bad. I can always re donate it if anything.

I appreciate the feedback though! It's a really neat hobby and this is a great community. Glad I finally had something to contribute
post #108878 of 114874
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMcL View Post



Really?

REALLY?

Look through that full post again. Most of it is awesome. One item sucks balls.

Look again.

@barrelntrigger I think barrel knows haha

 

Just messin' with ya buddy

post #108879 of 114874
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAMU13 View Post

Gotcha. Yea it was just a recognizable designer so I picked it up. I'm only out 99c on it so I don't feel too bad. I can always re donate it if anything.

I appreciate the feedback though! It's a really neat hobby and this is a great community. Glad I finally had something to contribute

Just hazing you, bro. Dior is actually a bit of an inside joke around here.

Most guys don't throw kittens in their first post, so you're well ahead of the pack.

Welcome to the team.
post #108880 of 114874
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMcL View Post


Just hazing you, bro. Dior is actually a bit of an inside joke around here.

Most guys don't throw kittens in their first post, so you're well ahead of the pack.

Welcome to the team.

Plus all those solid color B&J woolies! What! I so rarely find solid color ties worth kopping, and for them to be a decent brand and wool in the bargain is TITS!

post #108881 of 114874
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koala-T View Post

Plus all those solid color B&J woolies! What! I so rarely find solid color ties worth kopping, and for them to be a decent brand and wool in the bargain is TITS!

I really like the wool and cashmere ties. The texture is really neat and they are great fall colors. I left about 10 silk patterned B&J ties there. Seems like somebody was a fan. I don't wear ties often enough to warrant them but if it's a brand worth grabbing for anybody I would be happy to.
post #108882 of 114874
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAMU13 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koala-T View Post

Plus all those solid color B&J woolies! What! I so rarely find solid color ties worth kopping, and for them to be a decent brand and wool in the bargain is TITS!

I really like the wool and cashmere ties. The texture is really neat and they are great fall colors. I left about 10 silk patterned B&J ties there. Seems like somebody was a fan. I don't wear ties often enough to warrant them but if it's a brand worth grabbing for anybody I would be happy to.

Double check the B&J silk ties... some are made by "MD" Michael Drake or "CH" Charles Hill

 

Something like this as an example http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=141107051093&ssPageName=ADME:L:BOWO:US:1123

post #108883 of 114874
Is real?

Bought this ethrift

Ea7
Label looks good
Sizing is good
Material good

Inner label says ea7 not emporio armani like I've seen in ither items
Button has weird xgbl design rather than say ea7 or emporio
Emporio always says emporio but since ea7 maybe is collab? But not sure
Figured button should be ea7 at least...



post #108884 of 114874
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nataku View Post

There's a donor here who donated semi-frequently who is a 36x34 and always donated stone mint J. Hilburn trousers. I too thought they were Incotex. I'm not sure the maker, but they are really well made and I love the cut and details. Can't give them away on the bay, though so you can likely pick them up cheap on there if they pop up.

Is my size.... Proxy maybe? :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAMU13 View Post

Pretty long time lurker here. This thread has inspired me to go thrifting and has really supplemented my post-graduate work wardrobe. I usually find run of the mill brooks brother,polo, etc. But today was pretty special. Made a stop before I went to the gym and found 8 Bullock&Jones ties (4 wool, 4 cashmere) 2 Kiton sevenfolds, 2 Sulka, and 3 RT Best of Class. I also found a really awesome Dunhill camel wool blend sport coat with working cuffs and ticket pocket. It's tiny. 36r. Figured one of yall would like it. As well as some 8.5 AE Maxwell's for someone without clown feet like me ha. There's some other neat stuff. I'll figure our how to post pics of all this when I'm on my PC. Just excited and wanted to share

Nice first post, welcome!

post #108885 of 114874
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparrow View Post

Is real?

real ugly.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread