Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 2:39 am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 10/12/15 at 4:40pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 2/6/16 at 10:19am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 1/30/16 at 4:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- Men's clothes & shoes sizes--- Why are there so few Mediums 42R & 10.5 - 11 shoes? Last post on 10/8/15 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 7219
Styleforum Top Pickspost #108272 of 1387286/25/14 at 7:01pmpost #108273 of 1387286/25/14 at 7:46pmpost #108274 of 1387286/25/14 at 7:59pmpost #108275 of 1387286/25/14 at 8:21pmpost #108276 of 1387286/25/14 at 8:32pmpost #108277 of 1387286/25/14 at 8:33pm
Popped in to one spot after work and ended up with some very heavy panniers on my bike.
vintage PRL tweed, 40L
deadstock Desert Storm hat that made me think of Tubesteak
medusa head on me like I'm 'lluminati
Pierre Balmain scarf
and the reason for all the weight... a chunk of AOR and dad-blues records. Most is stuff I know but I took a few chances on some 70s titles.post #108278 of 1387286/25/14 at 8:52pmpost #108279 of 1387286/25/14 at 9:05pmQuote:Originally Posted by danne888
I have an oppurtunity to buy an Belvest suit at a great price, its second hand and i have a few questions about the fit. Im wondering if the shoulders are too wide, what do you guys think? The arms also are too short and need to be lenghtended and it has to be taken in over the shoulderblades. Thank you for your help!
I realize this is late and I hope it's not TOO late, but considering the other advice given publicly... the shoulders do indeed look too big, leading to that weird bunching in the back. I would not buy, you'll regret it. Also, this is more a point of preference, but it looks a bit conservative for someone your age.
Used to be that when I went to the North Etobicoke Value Village, I'd cross my fingers that I'd stumble upon a rack of his newly donated, Humpty Dumpty-shaped bespoke suits.
Then I read that he wears Hugo Boss.
And now he pairs those suits with cowboy boots.post #108280 of 1387286/25/14 at 9:16pmQuote:Used to be that when I went to the North Etobicoke Value Village, I'd cross my fingers that I'd stumble upon a rack of his newly donated, Humpty Dumpty-shaped bespoke suits.
Then I read that he wears Hugo Boss.
And now he pairs those suits with cowboy boots.
lol......it could be Doug's clothes! I wonder if he lives in that area too ???post #108281 of 1387286/25/14 at 9:33pm
Tonight, with a few hours to myself, I went tie hunting. The Brooks Bros jacket was incidental. The best part about thifting is the price. I got the whole lot for $40.
Paisley isn't usually my style, but the Bugatti tie matches the jacket so nicely that I think I'll keep it. What looks like a bright blue windowpane in the jacket is really a dark green. It's some sort of UV anomaly caused by the digital camera or the type of lighting.post #108282 of 1387286/25/14 at 10:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by leftofthedial
Picked up one thing Monday:
Tagged M - around 38 or so. Available.
Um. I know where you found that. I tried it on friday morning and I didn't know anything about the brand so I left it. Glad it went to an SF'er.
And if you found it in Manhattan, then there's another one in brooklyn. Oy. Should really have grabbed it.post #108283 of 1387286/25/14 at 10:33pmQuote:
Okay, people being mad at me for passing on a recent Oxxford, I kinda get... But 2x Rugged Museum pieces??? That's it, I'm moving to a shoebox in NY to pick up thrifting scraps.post #108284 of 1387286/26/14 at 5:06ampost #108285 of 1387286/26/14 at 5:06amQuote:
Seemed Like a cool piece but didn't fit me. I tried to find it a few mins later but I think they were re-sorting it. Besides, couldn't find anything on eBay. Hadn't really seen anyone post about it here either.
Isn't the first mistake I made and it won't be the last.
But yeah, I figured the thing was pretty cool. My mistake was to assume it was made in China.
I think it had fallen through the pricers cracks too.
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 41 seconds ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 49 seconds ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 1 minute ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Loafers with a suit? 1 minute ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 2 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's... 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › Migrants, Immigrants, Refugees, and Aliens in Euro-Zone 3 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...