Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 7:10 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 1/18/17 at 4:48am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 12/7/16 at 2:35pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 7/1/16 at 12:12am in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 7219post #108272 of 1387286/25/14 at 7:01pmpost #108273 of 1387286/25/14 at 7:46pmpost #108274 of 1387286/25/14 at 7:59pmpost #108275 of 1387286/25/14 at 8:21pmpost #108276 of 1387286/25/14 at 8:32pmpost #108277 of 1387286/25/14 at 8:33pm
Popped in to one spot after work and ended up with some very heavy panniers on my bike.
vintage PRL tweed, 40L
deadstock Desert Storm hat that made me think of Tubesteak
medusa head on me like I'm 'lluminati
Pierre Balmain scarf
and the reason for all the weight... a chunk of AOR and dad-blues records. Most is stuff I know but I took a few chances on some 70s titles.post #108278 of 1387286/25/14 at 8:52pmpost #108279 of 1387286/25/14 at 9:05pmQuote:Originally Posted by danne888
I have an oppurtunity to buy an Belvest suit at a great price, its second hand and i have a few questions about the fit. Im wondering if the shoulders are too wide, what do you guys think? The arms also are too short and need to be lenghtended and it has to be taken in over the shoulderblades. Thank you for your help!
I realize this is late and I hope it's not TOO late, but considering the other advice given publicly... the shoulders do indeed look too big, leading to that weird bunching in the back. I would not buy, you'll regret it. Also, this is more a point of preference, but it looks a bit conservative for someone your age.
Used to be that when I went to the North Etobicoke Value Village, I'd cross my fingers that I'd stumble upon a rack of his newly donated, Humpty Dumpty-shaped bespoke suits.
Then I read that he wears Hugo Boss.
And now he pairs those suits with cowboy boots.post #108280 of 1387286/25/14 at 9:16pmQuote:Used to be that when I went to the North Etobicoke Value Village, I'd cross my fingers that I'd stumble upon a rack of his newly donated, Humpty Dumpty-shaped bespoke suits.
Then I read that he wears Hugo Boss.
And now he pairs those suits with cowboy boots.
lol......it could be Doug's clothes! I wonder if he lives in that area too ???post #108281 of 1387286/25/14 at 9:33pm
Tonight, with a few hours to myself, I went tie hunting. The Brooks Bros jacket was incidental. The best part about thifting is the price. I got the whole lot for $40.
Paisley isn't usually my style, but the Bugatti tie matches the jacket so nicely that I think I'll keep it. What looks like a bright blue windowpane in the jacket is really a dark green. It's some sort of UV anomaly caused by the digital camera or the type of lighting.post #108282 of 1387286/25/14 at 10:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by leftofthedial
Picked up one thing Monday:
Tagged M - around 38 or so. Available.
Um. I know where you found that. I tried it on friday morning and I didn't know anything about the brand so I left it. Glad it went to an SF'er.
And if you found it in Manhattan, then there's another one in brooklyn. Oy. Should really have grabbed it.post #108283 of 1387286/25/14 at 10:33pmQuote:
Okay, people being mad at me for passing on a recent Oxxford, I kinda get... But 2x Rugged Museum pieces??? That's it, I'm moving to a shoebox in NY to pick up thrifting scraps.post #108284 of 1387286/26/14 at 5:06ampost #108285 of 1387286/26/14 at 5:06amQuote:
Seemed Like a cool piece but didn't fit me. I tried to find it a few mins later but I think they were re-sorting it. Besides, couldn't find anything on eBay. Hadn't really seen anyone post about it here either.
Isn't the first mistake I made and it won't be the last.
But yeah, I figured the thing was pretty cool. My mistake was to assume it was made in China.
I think it had fallen through the pricers cracks too.
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › The Look goes on... 35 seconds ago
- › things that are making you happy 3 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 4 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 10 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 12 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 23 minutes ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 26 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 28 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 34 minutes ago
- › Jacket from Drive 36 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...