Hey guys, I just want to throw out a public thank you to everyone that has been keeping the ebay talk off this thread. It's made this a much more enjoyable thread for me to read. Cheers you crazy kids.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 9:40 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on Today at 8:14 am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 12/7/16 at 2:35pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 7/1/16 at 12:12am in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 6987post #104791 of 1387285/15/14 at 9:33ampost #104792 of 1387285/15/14 at 9:56amQuote:Originally Posted by barrelntrigger
Local boys, Tuesday, I was driving on 85 N and saw a SUV was caught on fire on 85 S in San Jose, near Taylor St. exit. The entire car was flamed up and the fire spreed to the near by vegetations. It was the craziest high way fire I've seen. You could see the smoke from a mile away.
That's crazy... The best I can do is that I once saw a VW Bug (1960's version) flip over turning from First Street onto Montague Expressway. Dude was going way too fast. The car flipped a few times, guy is able to get out shortly before the car burst into flames. I have no idea when that was, but probably when I was in elementary school.post #104793 of 1387285/15/14 at 10:05ampost #104794 of 1387285/15/14 at 10:18ampost #104795 of 1387285/15/14 at 10:23amQuote:
Stopped buying Aquascutum a long time ago. Was never really impressed with the items I found in thrift stores (for personal or resale).post #104796 of 1387285/15/14 at 10:43amQuote:
I second this. Good example of a brand that dropped standards and leveraged their name brand. That said, if there is a staple English made piece that fills a hole for me, I'll pick it up.post #104797 of 1387285/15/14 at 10:57amMet Sparrow yesterday. Nice guy. I knew he was operating at a reasonably high experience level when I saw him walking down the suit rack with his hands running over the fabric, rather than pausing to turn the labels on each one.
Found a few nice things yesterday. Pics later hopefully.
For now, there's a Versace tie in this bucket somewhere and it's visible. I will send a free tie to the first person who can guess correctly on the first guess which one it is. To keep things fair, we will do PM only; anyone posts here and the contest ends. (EDIT: Spoo and Sparrow can't play)
Vintage Brooks experts: Is this anything special?
I picked it up a few weeks ago because the label was different and much simpler, suggesting it was the good vintage stuff.post #104798 of 1387285/15/14 at 11:06ampost #104799 of 1387285/15/14 at 11:10amQuote:
Stay safe!Quote:Originally Posted by capnwes @$$LOAD of pics (Click to show)
Quantity guaranteed. I can't move a JAB to save my life, the joy of hundreds of followers.Quote:
Better than no Kiton at all, assuming it was cheap. Great pickups.Quote:Originally Posted by wilay05
Some recent stuff from the last 2 weeks or so...have so much more its not even funnyWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Insane quality haul!! I want those CH'spost #104800 of 1387285/15/14 at 11:25amQuote:Originally Posted by Fueco
That's crazy... The best I can do is that I once saw a VW Bug (1960's version) flip over turning from First Street onto Montague Expressway. Dude was going way too fast. The car flipped a few times, guy is able to get out shortly before the car burst into flames. I have no idea when that was, but probably when I was in elementary school.
One time I saw a gas tanker take an expressway turn to fast, jump over the barrier, fall about 2 stories and blow up in what looked like a small nuclear bomb. I was with my dad and we were going to fast to stop so we went right through the ensuing fireball. You could see the smoke for miles.post #104801 of 1387285/15/14 at 11:30ampost #104802 of 1387285/15/14 at 11:35ampost #104803 of 1387285/15/14 at 11:36ampost #104804 of 1387285/15/14 at 11:42amQuote:Originally Posted by eazye
One time I saw a gas tanker take an expressway turn to fast, jump over the barrier, fall about 2 stories and blow up in what looked like a small nuclear bomb. I was with my dad and we were going to fast to stop so we went right through the ensuing fireball. You could see the smoke for miles.
Shoot, I forgot about the Grayhound bus fire in Amarillo, TX in June 2012. We were driving back across the country and passed the fire just as the Fire Department was getting there. That was some crazy stuff.post #104805 of 1387285/15/14 at 11:43amDriving back from visiting my GF in the NC mountains I came across a car that'd hit a patch of ice, flipped a guide rail, and landed upside-down on top of the car on the switchback below it. The car below was a soft-top convertible and the car above was a jeep.
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Zam Barrett Dialogue/ Zfactorie - Official Affiliate Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Alteration Limits? 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 4 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 5 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 7 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs Goat Appreciation Thread 7 minutes ago
- › What TV Series Are You Streaming Lately? 9 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 9 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...