or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 70

post #1036 of 125219
I'm sure this has been asked before, and I did attempt search, but I'm coming out of my lurking to ask my question, as I couldn't find anything on it via my search. Can anyone recommend the best thrift stores in the greater chicago area, at least for this sort of thing? Provided it's not a well-guarded secret society that requires initiation fees... Thanks
post #1037 of 125219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valence View Post
I'm sure this has been asked before, and I did attempt search, but I'm coming out of my lurking to ask my question, as I couldn't find anything on it via my search.

Can anyone recommend the best thrift stores in the greater chicago area, at least for this sort of thing? Provided it's not a well-guarded secret society that requires initiation fees...

Thanks

People are pretty secretive about these things. Just go out some day and look around. That is how we all find them.
post #1038 of 125219
I found my first ever thrifted Drake's tie today for about $1.50. I recently sold off a couple of Drake's I have so this will help fill the Drake's void in my tie wardrobe:

post #1039 of 125219
Quote:
Originally Posted by amerikajinda View Post
Nice find! You should take pictures and post them here on the Buying and Selling thread... (what size are they?)
Here's a pic....they were size 10.5 B/D...sold already for around $150.
post #1040 of 125219
New to the thrifting scene but have decided to actually build my non streetwear wardrobe out of thrift finds... First 2 visits have netted me some wicked alden cap toe boots for $20, a very nice casual zegna shirt and a Zanone long sleeve polo shirt for $5.

This is addicting. I'm actually gonna start going 2-3 times a week...
post #1041 of 125219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Souper View Post
New to the thrifting scene but have decided to actually build my non streetwear wardrobe out of thrift finds... First 2 visits have netted me some wicked alden cap toe boots for $20, a very nice casual zegna shirt and a Zanone long sleeve polo shirt for $5.

This is addicting. I'm actually gonna start going 2-3 times a week...

What size are those boots and are they for sale?
post #1042 of 125219
Not every purchase is dramatic; all of these will serve as a building block in the everyday wardrobe, though. Picked up thrifting are an as-new J Crew barn jacket, a pair of Polo plain front chinos, a no-name ribbon belt and a vintage Brooks Brothers bowtie. Nothing in it would be considered luxury by any means, but it all gets the job done and fits in with the wardrobe as a whole.

Total: ~$15. Retail would be $200 or so for all of it, I'd guess.

post #1043 of 125219
I have been quite lucky here in nashville, just been too lazy to post the pics, but I found these brooks brother Irish linen shirts today and they were half off ,






they are in perfect condition!
post #1044 of 125219
I just had a ridiculous haul at the thrift shop. 3 x NOS deadstock florsheim imperials and oxxford sportcoat. pics coming
post #1045 of 125219
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrensho View Post
Here's a pic....they were size 10.5 B/D...sold already for around $150.[/IMG]

Well done! If they were larger and if I had seen them first, I would have bought them!
post #1046 of 125219

.


Edited by xchen - 6/30/12 at 3:41pm
post #1047 of 125219
[font="Franklin Gothic Medium"] [/FONT
post #1048 of 125219
These must have come to the store in the boxes, and the boxes tossed
post #1049 of 125219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarmac View Post
These must have come to the store in the boxes, and the boxes tossed

Wow nice finds! They look like brand new Old Stock.
post #1050 of 125219
Oh, what a couple days thrifting.

Found a pair of J&M Aristrocraft wings (Made in USA) -$3.99
2 pairs of Zanellas $3.00 each
1 pair of Zanella Platinum $3.75
Canali wool and silk sportcoat-$4.75
Canali Suit-$1.00 (yes, ONE Dollar)

I am so happy....
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread