• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your favorite watch under $135

Ahheck01

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'll get right to the point. I'm a poor 22-year-old, but I'm tired of being poorly dressed. I've got another thread going about clothes, but I'm curious about what watches out there look sharp and classy for under $135 (was going to say $100, but meh, I wouldn't rule out a $120 or so if it's way better).

Most of the time I'll be in business-casual attire, with a button-down shirt, no tie.

I'm tall (6'6") and thin (175lbs). I'm very open to suggestions, but I don't like bulky. Suggest away - thanks for being understanding of my budget!

-Evan

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Orvis makes some nice quartz watches.

crazyquik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
plain as pudding Timex! It's cheap, retro (or rather, timeless), and not bulky.

Then spend the extra $100 on whatever.

timex.jpg

J.Crew is selling a Timex for $150 now
bounce2.gif

Thurston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The $135 really kills it. I had a great suggestion, but it's $147.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
+1 on the Timex. I have three of them (a 'dress' Timex, one with a funky orange strap, and an Ironman that I wear on the rare occassions that I run), and they've never missed a beat.

Otherwise, what do Skagen's cost in the real world? They'd be around the mark, right?

Finally, keep an eye on Overstock.com - found some great deals there recently.

blank

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Depends on your style. Watches are a very subtle way to, in my opinion, put the final touch on your style. Someone who wears a Tag differs from someone who wears an Oris, if we're in the mid-price range. In your price range... If you have more of a traditional American stle, maybe I'd buy this Hamilton: http://www.overstock.com/Jewelry-Wat...1/product.html I don't mind Nixon watches either, if you want something that looks a little more edgy. A Nixon watch can last for a few years. http://www.nixonnow.com If you have an outdoorsy style, get a Timex. I'm about to get one, and put a grosgrain strap on it for a prep touch.

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Timex (20501) Easy Reader. Put it on a grosgrain strap of your choosing.

ml77

Reaction score
I confirm the elegance and originality of Skagen watches. I like Seiko as well (like the one I wear every day) for the style and robustness but it may be hard to find one in this price range.

Pylon

Reaction score
+1 on the Skagen. I like the clean faces (even when it's got three complications, it's somehow neat and open), thin body and overall design. Received one as a gift about a year ago and have since used it as a great casual weekend watch.

crazyquik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hard2Fit
Timex (20501) Easy Reader.
Put it on a grosgrain strap of your choosing.

Pics below aren't mine, but I rock the grosgrain strap Timex about 75% of the time.

2a6849i.jpg

520002575_a458c884fc.jpg

smoothie

Reaction score
Originally Posted by crazyquik
plain as pudding Timex! It's cheap, retro (or rather, timeless), and not bulky.

Then spend the extra $100 on whatever.

timex.jpg

J.Crew is selling a Timex for $150 now
bounce2.gif

150 dollars for that cheap looking thing. You can get that for ten dollars somewhere.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads