or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good looking, good quality backpack?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Good looking, good quality backpack?

post #1 of 18
Thread Starter 
Hey!

I am looking for a good looking, good quality backpack. Backpacks are not that stylish at all. But it is the easiest way to carry your notebook and stuff when you ride a bicycle.

There so so much crap out there. I don't like crumbler, don't like lowepro, jack wolfskin, vaude... These backpacks are all ugly.

Any ideas?

Thanks!!!
post #2 of 18
Not really backpacks, but I've been taking one of these back and forth to school, gigs, germany, ireland, the beach, etc. for four years. http://www.chromebags.com/products/bags/messenger/ They have a lifetime warranty, and are incredibly well built and comfortable. I suppose many of the people here would complain about the way they look though.
post #3 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamish5178 View Post
Not really backpacks, but I've been taking one of these back and forth to school, gigs, germany, ireland, the beach, etc. for four years.

http://www.chromebags.com/products/bags/messenger/

They have a lifetime warranty, and are incredibly well built and comfortable. I suppose many of the people here would complain about the way they look though.

Hm, thank you. But I think such a bag is not ideal for notebooks. And I prefer two shoulder straps.

Best wishes!
post #4 of 18
Le Sportsac mens backpack
post #5 of 18
Look up the Eastpak Padded Pak'r. It is IMO the best backpack by far in terms of quality & looks. Utilitarian, though, but then again it's a backpack.

What you can also do is take a Jansport backpack (preferably black) and remove the "Jansport" logo. You'll get a clean and elegant bag.
BTW Jansport's quality is lower than Eastpak's but then again so is the price.
post #6 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pg600rr View Post
Le Sportsac mens backpack

Yeah, the Fusion Backpack looks really good. Clean and simple. Unfortunately the do not ship to Germany :-/
post #7 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hany View Post
Look up the Eastpak Padded Pak'r. It is IMO the best backpack by far in terms of quality & looks. Utilitarian, though, but then again it's a backpack.

What you can also do is take a Jansport backpack (preferably black) and remove the "Jansport" logo. You'll get a clean and elegant bag.
BTW Jansport's quality is lower than Eastpak's but then again so is the price.

Do you really think, Eastpak's are good quality? I got my hands on it in a shop and as far as I remember the material felt quite thin and lousy. Jansport is even worst? But I think the Jansports look better and without the logo it is probably a solution...

THANKS
post #8 of 18
For classic rucksacks, LL Bean has a few: The Maine Guide Rucksack in Bison leather Same model in waxed canvas There is also one in tan leather.
post #9 of 18
Thread Starter 
yes, they look noble. The "Quickload Travel Pack" is more "sporty" but nice too. Thanks!
post #10 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamish5178 View Post
Not really backpacks, but I've been taking one of these back and forth to school, gigs, germany, ireland, the beach, etc. for four years.

http://www.chromebags.com/products/bags/messenger/

They have a lifetime warranty, and are incredibly well built and comfortable. I suppose many of the people here would complain about the way they look though.

Agreed! Great quality and not owned by the masses!
post #11 of 18
north face, high quality. I have the recon, really like it, it has a mesh pocket for your helmet as well.
post #12 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by strickpulli View Post
Do you really think, Eastpak's are good quality? I got my hands on it in a shop and as far as I remember the material felt quite thin and lousy. Jansport is even worst? But I think the Jansports look better and without the logo it is probably a solution...

THANKS

The Eastpaks I've seen were in France and haven't seen any in the US or Canada, Their quality is as good as it gets regarding a backpack's fabric IMO.

However Jansport is lousy quality as you said but they do look good "logo-less".

Herve Chapelier used to make a very nice backpak so if you can find a NOS piece you've got a winner. The current offerings are way too feminine though.
post #13 of 18
Quote:
The Eastpaks I've seen were in France and haven't seen any in the US or Canada, Their quality is as good as it gets regarding a backpack's fabric IMO.

Eastpak is the US is completely different that the Eastpack in the EU. I found the quality in the US to be horrible, they last me one season, but then again that was 10-15 years ago when I was in high school.

As backpacks are generally considered sportswear, I would recommend TNF, I know they are overused and everyone has one, but in terms of quality I find them to be unbreakable. I had one since 1999 and its been through university, graduate school, travel, planes, trains, buses, everything and it's still as strong as day one. Get one with not that many straps and not too flashy colors (unless you mountain climb). I know that TFN, Patagonia, and other gear is overbought by NE crowd, but I have to admit they provide a quality product.

ebags is usually a good source for this kind of stuff.
post #14 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Whatley View Post
north face, high quality. I have the recon, really like it, it has a mesh pocket for your helmet as well.

Yep, impossible to go wrong w/ North Face. Lifetime guarantee, and they do honor it. They have some models now designed to be worn about town, w/ inner laptop sleeves and not many bells and whistles on the outside, and that come in basic black.
post #15 of 18
I have the North Face Hot Shot in Purple, had the thing for seven years and it just looks better after time. Picked up an Avirex in Olive Drab in Shinjuku or Shibuya at the Avirex store that gets nice comments. I'd really like to find a distributor for the Karrimor brand in the U.S.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good looking, good quality backpack?