or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Eurofashion Observations, Paris
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Eurofashion Observations, Paris - Page 3

post #31 of 53
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc237,Feb. 28 2005,06:07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Kabbaz,Feb. 27 2005,15:58
But you left out the most important thing: Did you get to meet Ernest, or was the whole trip for nothing?
I did in my recent foray to Paris. A smart, charming, and very well-dressed young man. His spoken English is really quite good. I regret that due to communications problems, mostly on my end, we only met the one-time. I suspect he could have been quite the companion and guide to great shopping.
He was. Marc237 and I were not the only forum members to meet Ernest; Bengal Stripe did too. I may have been the only one to meet the lovely K., though. Ernest is as irrepressible and as enthusiastic (my wife adds "adorable") in person as he is on the forum. His love of fine clothing and footwear exceeds his gastronomic leanings right now, but I plan on working on that on future trips. KenCPollock a/k/a Jerrysfriend
You should meet Koji, he blew my mind away, man I realized I knew nothing about shoes. BTW We saw a triple-buttoned (a la T&A cuff) collared shirt at Domenico Vacca in Palm Beach, just nuts. Jon.
post #32 of 53
Ernest: Ha ha ha ha ha ha. US females are generally fat and annoying. I don't date that type, but there are plenty out there. Most of them think that hip-hugger tight jeans and halter tops look great on a woman built like a bulldog (hey, lay off the twinkies and then try those pants, please.). Sadly, the majority of American women are just too annoying to even tolerate their presence for much longer than it takes to... uhm... finish your cup of coffee, yeah that's it. Luckily, my GF seems to be the exception. I hear, however, that French women are much different. It is probably just a myth like all the rest of those silly myths about Europe.
post #33 of 53
Quote:
and even went to Queen's (school between Montreal and Toronto). The engineers there had these specialized leather jackets (called GPAs), emblazed with a huge Queen's logo and their year on the back that they dyed purple. The dye would never stick for too long, and it'd be this kind of purple melange on cream leather. And, they wore it with pride, *everywhere*. It's always amusing to see one somewhere (like an upscale martini bar), completely inappropriately dressed, and say hello to a fellow alum.
My GPA is in storage at my parents' house still. Used it in the grease pole in 2nd and 3rd year. Very useful for absorbing the impact of a workboot to the collarbone. Sing the following to "Battle Hym of the Republic": We are we are we are the engineers We can we can we can demolish 40 beers Drink run drink rum drink rum Drink run along with us 'Cause we don't give a damn for any old man Who don't give a damn for us. Followed by drinking of said rum and beer.
post #34 of 53
Quote:
Ernest: Ha ha ha ha ha ha. US females are generally fat and annoying.  I don't date that type, but there are plenty out there.  Most of them think that hip-hugger tight jeans and halter tops look great on a woman built like a bulldog (hey, lay off the twinkies and then try those pants, please.).  Sadly, the majority of American women are just too annoying to even tolerate their presence for much longer than it takes to... uhm... finish your cup of coffee, yeah that's it.  Luckily, my GF seems to be the exception.  I hear, however, that French women are much different.  It is probably just a myth like all the rest of those silly myths about Europe.
I think that americans have many fantasies about French. Are US girl more boring and fat than US men?
post #35 of 53
Quote:
Quote:
(linux_pro @ Feb. 28 2005,22:19) Ernest: Ha ha ha ha ha ha. US females are generally fat and annoying.  I don't date that type, but there are plenty out there.  Most of them think that hip-hugger tight jeans and halter tops look great on a woman built like a bulldog (hey, lay off the twinkies and then try those pants, please.).  Sadly, the majority of American women are just too annoying to even tolerate their presence for much longer than it takes to... uhm... finish your cup of coffee, yeah that's it.  Luckily, my GF seems to be the exception.  I hear, however, that French women are much different.  It is probably just a myth like all the rest of those silly myths about Europe.
I think that americans have many fantasies about French. Are US girl more boring and fat than US men?
sorry, French women have nothing on eastern european or italian women (unless you really like women who bath slightly less than you are used too)
post #36 of 53
Quote:
I think that americans have many fantasies about French.
Mine mainly run thinking of the women of Moulin Rouge. I am counting the days until Sept when I finally get to meet the famous Mr. Ernest.
post #37 of 53
Quote:
My GPA is in storage at my parents' house still. Used it in the grease pole in 2nd and 3rd year.
During my freshman days at the greasepole, I almost retrieved the tam in a minisule 15 minutes. I was, however, thwarted by a fat frosh that fell on me in some sort of mousetrap-like coicidence of events, losing all the glory that I could have accrued with such a feat.
post #38 of 53
Quote:
During my freshman days at the greasepole, I almost retrieved the tam in a minisule 15 minutes. I was, however, thwarted by a fat frosh that fell on me in some sort of mousetrap-like coicidence of events, losing all the glory that I could have accrued with such a feat.
But you know. It's *always* like that. Every year has a "plan".
post #39 of 53
Quote:
Quote:
(ernest @ Feb. 28 2005,16:27) I think that americans have many fantasies about French.
Mine mainly run thinking of the women of Moulin Rouge. I am counting the days until Sept when I finally get to meet the famous Mr. Ernest.
I have never been to a review in Vegas - but at the moulin rouge you are faced with a line of tall, very hot, toples young ladies. very very intertaining. try to get as far up front as you can - it isn't too difficult, most of the audience seems to be in bus tours, and if you are there alone and are willing to slip somebody a 20 you can have prime real estate.
post #40 of 53
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ernest,Feb. 28 2005,16:27
I think that americans have many fantasies about French.
Mine mainly run thinking of the women of Moulin Rouge. I am counting the days until Sept when I finally get to meet the famous Mr. Ernest.
Come sooner
post #41 of 53
Well, Ernest, if Sarah likes Paris enough, we will be headed back there again in August with her daughter. I am hoping I get to meet you at that time.
post #42 of 53
Has she never visited paris? August = very good as Paris is empty and you can buy during sales. If I am still alive we could meet without any problem.
post #43 of 53
Quote:
Quote:
(Roy @ Feb. 27 2005,23:36) FINALLY see a Moulin Rouge show (4 times in Paris and never went there before). A visit to Club Pink
30 years in Paris and never been to Moulin Rouge or got wind of club Pink (is it a new gay club?)
From what I hear it is quite the opposite actually. But I am guilty too Ernest. 21 years in Amsterdam and I have never visited the Anne Frank home, the Van Gogh museum or seen the Nightwatch by Rembrandt.
post #44 of 53
Quote:
Quote:
(ernest @ Feb. 28 2005,22:10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy,Feb. 27 2005,23:36
FINALLY see a Moulin Rouge show (4 times in Paris and never went there before). A visit to Club Pink
30 years in Paris and never been to Moulin Rouge or got wind of club Pink (is it a new gay club?)
From what I hear it is quite the opposite actually. But I am guilty too Ernest. 21 years in Amsterdam and I have never visited the Anne Frank home, the Van Gogh museum or seen the Nightwatch by Rembrandt.
Are you 21 ?
post #45 of 53
Quote:
Quote:
(Roy @ Feb. 28 2005,23:26)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ernest,Feb. 28 2005,22:10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy,Feb. 27 2005,23:36
FINALLY see a Moulin Rouge show (4 times in Paris and never went there before). A visit to Club Pink
30 years in Paris and never been to Moulin Rouge or got wind of club Pink (is it a new gay club?)
From what I hear it is quite the opposite actually. But I am guilty too Ernest. 21 years in Amsterdam and I have never visited the Anne Frank home, the Van Gogh museum or seen the Nightwatch by Rembrandt.
Are you 21 ?
Well 22 actually. But i've lived in Switzerland for a while.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Eurofashion Observations, Paris