or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Hey, whatever happened to Alexis?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Hey, whatever happened to Alexis?

post #1 of 19
Thread Starter 
The recent flap involving "StyleMan" (Kalra redevivus?) caused me to ponder the disappearance of the lovely Alexis from this forum. Her sexy avatar always brightened my visits to the forum. I hope she was the real thing although I note that "she" vanished from the forum soon after someone suggested that "she" might in fact be a proxy for a prank-playing gay man. I don't know why it would necessarily be the work of a gay man. Are wit, mischief and prankishness solely the properties of gay men? Plenty of very heterosexual adolescent boys seem to enjoy having ultra-sexy female proxies on the order of Lara Croft (if I'm not dating myself horribly by citing her) in their electronic games. Anyway, Alexis, if you're out there, please come back--we miss you.
post #2 of 19
Alexis still drops in now and then.
post #3 of 19
JLibourel, Your imagination certainly is in the toilet. Haven't you heard? I'm a police investigator trolling Internet forums for sexual predators. Alexis
post #4 of 19
With that avatar, you'll attract predators as well as the rest of the male population. Let us know when you've been promoted.
post #5 of 19
Thread Starter 
Yeah, this forum seems like the perfect place for a predator to lurk--any number of sexually curious 13-years-olds of both sexes posting here .
post #6 of 19
What about diet cookie? Was the avatar that person's real image or not? No offense to Alexis, but I prefer diet cookie's avatar.
post #7 of 19
Quote:
What about diet cookie? Was the avatar that person's real image or not? No offense to Alexis, but I prefer diet cookie's avatar.
I think that was his GF. Jon.
post #8 of 19
I know that there is at least one forum reader who is a women who wears men's clothes exclusively. Haven't met her personally, but one of the proprietors at Stel's told me she visited and bought something.
post #9 of 19
Alexis' avator certainly is nice to look at but l get the feeling that they are an imposture. l get the feeling that Alexis is a man. My gut feelings are usually right too. Alexis is just like most people, she/he makes a handful of posts and then vanishes. Pity we couldn't attract more long term members.
post #10 of 19
Alexis's posts are well-written and insightful. The delectible avatar is a bonus....
post #11 of 19
Quote:
I know that there is at least one forum reader who is a women who wears men's clothes exclusively.  Haven't met her personally, but one of the proprietors at Stel's told me she visited and bought something.
WHO??? i don't know why i'm so intrigued, but i'm thinking of marlene deitrich. if we guess will you tell us?
post #12 of 19
Quote:
WHO??? i don't know why i'm so intrigued, but i'm thinking of marlene deitrich. if we guess will you tell us?
I don't know either. I think if she wants to tell us who she is, she will.
post #13 of 19
Marlene Dietrich wore Knize of Vienna with Pinet of Paris crocodile oxfords. Either her or Katharine Hepburn.
post #14 of 19
Quote:
Alexis' avator certainly is nice to look at but l get the feeling that they are an imposture. l get the feeling that Alexis is a man. My gut feelings are usually right too. Alexis is just like most people, she/he makes a handful of posts and then vanishes. Pity we couldn't attract more long term members.
That is my feeling as well.
post #15 of 19
It doesn't matter if the photo is her. As Nixon said in '52, "... the kids, like all kids, love the [photo], and ... regardless of what they say about it, we're gonna keep it." On a related note, in the same speech, a post to the SF:   "I should say this, that Pat doesn't have a mink coat. But she does have a respectable Republican cloth coat, and I always tell her she'd look good in anything."
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Hey, whatever happened to Alexis?