or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Levis 501 new fit
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Levis 501 new fit - Page 5

post #61 of 1562
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymouz View Post
The purpose of soaking it is to shrink it and to get rid of some excess dye. It won't be raw after soaking/washing because raw means that it's unwashed.

I usually just get them true to size in the waist. They stretch after a bit of wear so it ends up just right.

so should i wash them right after i get them, or get some fades then wash them?

If i were to wash them right after i buy them, would they still sort of like raw jeans?
post #62 of 1562
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymouz View Post
The purpose of soaking it is to shrink it and to get rid of some excess dye. It won't be raw after soaking/washing because raw means that it's unwashed.

I usually just get them true to size in the waist. They stretch after a bit of wear so it ends up just right.

um, not really. To get rid of shrinkage yes, but not to get rid of excess dye.
post #63 of 1562
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrispy View Post
I want a real store though, so when I go I can see that they are the new fit

A lot of the national department stores carry them. Based on availability, take your pick from J C Penney, (Bergners, Boston Store, etc.), Macy's, most non-discount stores that carry men's jeans will carry them.
post #64 of 1562
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatuknowaboutthat View Post
um, not really. To get rid of shrinkage yes, but not to get rid of excess dye.

Actually some people do soak to get rid of excess dye because it will bleed onto your light color clothing and shoes.

It's probably a better idea to soak before fading because the fades will end up in the wrong places after the jeans shrink.
post #65 of 1562
just received 2 pairs of STF 501 ordered from amazon.
1 black
1 rigid
both are new fit with tag and made in mexico.
post #66 of 1562
^ Post pics Actually in general, more pictures please, especially of the fit, would be interesting to compare to the old ones.
post #67 of 1562
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymouz View Post
Actually some people do soak to get rid of excess dye because it will bleed onto your light color clothing and shoes.

It's probably a better idea to soak before fading because the fades will end up in the wrong places after the jeans shrink.

That sounds like a winning recipe! Why would you want to get rid of excess dye with these when they suck at holding dye to begin with? If you're worried about dye bleeding onto your air force ones, you should go back to hypebeast and kop a pair of saddlemans.
post #68 of 1562
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatuknowaboutthat View Post
That sounds like a winning recipe! Why would you want to get rid of excess dye with these when they suck at holding dye to begin with? If you're worried about dye bleeding onto your air force ones, you should go back to hypebeast and kop a pair of saddlemans.

Well, that is true - they do lose dye really quickly.
What's hypebeast?
post #69 of 1562
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymouz View Post
hypebeast?
I have answers.


I'd like to see more pics of the new 501 fit, especially the STF.
post #70 of 1562
LOL best answer ever. THe dude (or is that a chick) avoids the "denim bleeding onto white shooz" dilemma by avoiding jeans altogether. Thats also the route you can take as well anonymouz
post #71 of 1562
i soaped them twice in cold wash(1hr each) and rinsed a few times, as usual the 1st few rinses are terrible, plenty of dye bleeding.
they are still drying now and i did a measurement comparison the new with old STF made in mexico 501 i have. the new 501 is with fit lower rise(a few inches shorter) and are slightly slimmer throughout the leg. as i getting 1 size up, the feel is still slightly roomier after shrinking.
amazon are selling them at $34.99 a pair with free shipping, definitely worth a try if you are interested.
post #72 of 1562
Measurements taken BiG style No soak/wash size 29/30 waist 15.25 rise 12 back rise 15 thigh 12 inseam 30.25 knee 8.5 hem 8 Post HOT soak for 2 hours, drip dry waist 29 rise 11.5 back rise 14.5 thigh 11.5 inseam 28.5 knee 8.25 hem 7.5
post #73 of 1562
Are you sure that's the new '47 cut? Looks boxy like the older models.
post #74 of 1562
yep. these actually fit very similar to my LVC 47's in size 29x34. Don't have that pair with me here in ATL but i'll compare measurements when I can.
post #75 of 1562
in action fit pic

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Levis 501 new fit