Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- Vintage Wolverine, Nudies, Rainbow Leather sandals, Levi's Last post on 5/21/11 at 10:51pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Levi 514 Selvedge Last post on 2/15/13 at 9:27am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- How to care for raw denim Last post on 11/20/11 at 9:38am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Levis 501 new fit - Page 101
Styleforum Top Picks
Is there anywhere I can find the BBQ 501s in 30-34? It's always so difficult to track down my size in Levi's shrink to fit. I don't know why they only seem to offer size 30/31 waist with 32 inseam when they're shrink to fit jeans that lose 2-3 inches of inseam after shrinking!
Tried Amazon? I find more sizes there than at Levis. There's two or three 501 sellers on there, but I know one doesn't list what's stf and what's prewashed.
Anyone know why the downtown Seattle Levi's store shut down? I stopped in there 2 weeks ago and all the merch was crammed into one tiny corner of the store and everything was 60% off. I asked the clerk what the deal was and she was clueless. That store was one main reason I go down there... anyone know what's up? Is it moving? Shuttered for good?
funny, i stopped in here on my lunch break today, lured by the big 75% off sign in the window. they had all the mens stuff crammed in a tiny corner. i knew something was up, so i asked the cashier, he said they were closing. no more Levi's store in Seattle. I always liked going in there to browse, but it was sometimes frustrating. limited staff knowledge and very little made in usa stuff.
Did the cashier specifically say "no more Levi's store in Seattle"? The clerk I talked to said "they weren't able to get another building in time" but seemed unsure. I assumed this meant some sort of real estate issue with their current location. I hope that's the case and they re-open in another storefront. I need my jawns fix.
i asked him "are you guys closing?"
he replied "yes"
and i followed with "so, no more levi's store in seattle?"
me frown and walk out
so technically i said it, but he didn't give me any indication that they were moving to a new location. the store was huge, much more space than i think they needed, so I wouldn't be surprised if it boiled down to a real estate issue.
Question... I'm a bigger guy than most in this thread, so can you give me some advice on waist size? currently I wear 44x32 in the original 501s. The waist is probably a few inches too big, but they fit fine in the butt and thigh area. After a few wears, they get pretty baggy on me. Do you recommend I keep the waist true to size or go up 2 inches? My fear is that they won't shrink enough, and will fit like relaxed fit jeans, which just look sloppy in my opinion. I'm leaning toward going with 44x34 in stf.
Basically just trying to find a pair of beater jeans. They do have a leather patch and seem to be identical to the MiUSA $178 501 Selvedge they're now selling. I think the Mexico ones sold for $98 a couple of years ago. As others have noted the selvedge fabric isn't as stiff as the non-selvedge STF denim.
EDIT: I haven't worn Levi's in a few years -- am now a Japanese denim snob! -- but I will say that Levi's construction quality is amazing. The stitching is absolutely perfect, no stray threads, and some interesting thread lines. The downsides: The fabric feels really flimsy -- as it should -- compared to $250 denim, and the 501 anti-fit is not particularly flattering.
To me the perfect Levi's fit would be an inch shorter rise, an inch less in the thighs, and a taper to an 8" hem. Wait -- that describes just about every "slim-straight" high-end jean out there:o
Edited by Peter1 - 2/29/12 at 12:20pm
Also, thoughts on those? They were 125 on the discount, but I'm having second thoughts and might save up for a Tellason/3sixteen.
Regarding STFs in odd colors inquired about on here: There is an independet marshalls-style reretailer near me that has a lot of STFs in 501s in various colors--bbq, green, khaki, etc. If anyone's near south-central connecticut, Mickey Finns his worth a look.
- Levis 501 new fit
Styleforum Top Picks
- › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing,... 25 seconds ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 39 seconds ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 1 minute ago
- › Suggestions for a full length overcoat? 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 6 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 7 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 7 minutes ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds fifth street dress boots size 8 E 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories