Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- Vintage Wolverine, Nudies, Rainbow Leather sandals, Levi's Last post on 5/21/11 at 10:51pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Levi 514 Selvedge Last post on 2/15/13 at 9:27am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- How to care for raw denim Last post on 11/20/11 at 9:38am in Streetwear and Denim
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- How can I keep my raw denim jeans (Levis 510) from fading?Last edited: 3/23/16
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Levis 501 new fit - Page 101post #1501 of 157111/4/11 at 12:29pmpost #1502 of 157111/4/11 at 1:22pmpost #1503 of 157111/4/11 at 3:44pmpost #1504 of 157111/4/11 at 3:51pmpost #1505 of 157112/2/11 at 6:04pmpost #1506 of 157112/2/11 at 9:00pmQuote:Originally Posted by Curious_George
Is there anywhere I can find the BBQ 501s in 30-34? It's always so difficult to track down my size in Levi's shrink to fit. I don't know why they only seem to offer size 30/31 waist with 32 inseam when they're shrink to fit jeans that lose 2-3 inches of inseam after shrinking!
Tried Amazon? I find more sizes there than at Levis. There's two or three 501 sellers on there, but I know one doesn't list what's stf and what's prewashed.post #1507 of 157112/3/11 at 3:17pmpost #1508 of 15711/20/12 at 10:13pmAnyone know why the downtown Seattle Levi's store shut down? I stopped in there 2 weeks ago and all the merch was crammed into one tiny corner of the store and everything was 60% off. I asked the clerk what the deal was and she was clueless. That store was one main reason I go down there... anyone know what's up? Is it moving? Shuttered for good?post #1509 of 15711/20/12 at 10:49pmQuote:Originally Posted by bl@ster
Anyone know why the downtown Seattle Levi's store shut down? I stopped in there 2 weeks ago and all the merch was crammed into one tiny corner of the store and everything was 60% off. I asked the clerk what the deal was and she was clueless. That store was one main reason I go down there... anyone know what's up? Is it moving? Shuttered for good?
funny, i stopped in here on my lunch break today, lured by the big 75% off sign in the window. they had all the mens stuff crammed in a tiny corner. i knew something was up, so i asked the cashier, he said they were closing. no more Levi's store in Seattle. I always liked going in there to browse, but it was sometimes frustrating. limited staff knowledge and very little made in usa stuff.post #1510 of 15711/21/12 at 1:52amDid the cashier specifically say "no more Levi's store in Seattle"? The clerk I talked to said "they weren't able to get another building in time" but seemed unsure. I assumed this meant some sort of real estate issue with their current location. I hope that's the case and they re-open in another storefront. I need my jawns fix.post #1511 of 15711/21/12 at 8:49amQuote:Originally Posted by bl@ster
Did the cashier specifically say "no more Levi's store in Seattle"? The clerk I talked to said "they weren't able to get another building in time" but seemed unsure. I assumed this meant some sort of real estate issue with their current location. I hope that's the case and they re-open in another storefront. I need my jawns fix.
i asked him "are you guys closing?"
he replied "yes"
and i followed with "so, no more levi's store in seattle?"
me frown and walk out
so technically i said it, but he didn't give me any indication that they were moving to a new location. the store was huge, much more space than i think they needed, so I wouldn't be surprised if it boiled down to a real estate issue.post #1512 of 15711/21/12 at 2:46pm
Question... I'm a bigger guy than most in this thread, so can you give me some advice on waist size? currently I wear 44x32 in the original 501s. The waist is probably a few inches too big, but they fit fine in the butt and thigh area. After a few wears, they get pretty baggy on me. Do you recommend I keep the waist true to size or go up 2 inches? My fear is that they won't shrink enough, and will fit like relaxed fit jeans, which just look sloppy in my opinion. I'm leaning toward going with 44x34 in stf.post #1513 of 15712/27/12 at 9:26amAs an experiment, I found a BNWT pair of Hecho en Mexico selvedge STF 501s at a fund-raiser sale for $20. I'm going TTS at 32-34, (normally I like a 33 inseam) so I plan on wearing a little bit then cold-soaking with a stick in the waistband.
Basically just trying to find a pair of beater jeans. They do have a leather patch and seem to be identical to the MiUSA $178 501 Selvedge they're now selling. I think the Mexico ones sold for $98 a couple of years ago. As others have noted the selvedge fabric isn't as stiff as the non-selvedge STF denim.
EDIT: I haven't worn Levi's in a few years -- am now a Japanese denim snob! -- but I will say that Levi's construction quality is amazing. The stitching is absolutely perfect, no stray threads, and some interesting thread lines. The downsides: The fabric feels really flimsy -- as it should -- compared to $250 denim, and the 501 anti-fit is not particularly flattering.
To me the perfect Levi's fit would be an inch shorter rise, an inch less in the thighs, and a taper to an 8" hem. Wait -- that describes just about every "slim-straight" high-end jean out there:o
Edited by Peter1 - 2/29/12 at 12:20pmpost #1514 of 15714/6/12 at 10:15pmpost #1515 of 15714/22/12 at 8:33amPicked up a pair of selvedge made in the USA 501s during the current sale. Anyone happen to know where they are made? Is this a made in the USA (And Territories) made in the USA kinda thing? That matters to me, for whatever reason.
Also, thoughts on those? They were 125 on the discount, but I'm having second thoughts and might save up for a Tellason/3sixteen.
Regarding STFs in odd colors inquired about on here: There is an independet marshalls-style reretailer near me that has a lot of STFs in 501s in various colors--bbq, green, khaki, etc. If anyone's near south-central connecticut, Mickey Finns his worth a look.
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › WAYWRN Composite -- 25 thumb minimum 6 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 8 minutes ago
- › 2016 MLB Season Thread 18 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 24 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 26 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 31 minutes ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 35 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 42 minutes ago
- › Cigars 47 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 53 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding