Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 6/23/14 at 10:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Vintage Wolverine, Nudies, Rainbow Leather sandals, Levi's Last post on 5/21/11 at 10:51pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Levi 514 Selvedge Last post on 2/15/13 at 9:27am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- How to care for raw denim Last post on 11/20/11 at 9:38am in Streetwear and Denim
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Levis 501 new fit - Page 101
Styleforum Top Picks
Is there anywhere I can find the BBQ 501s in 30-34? It's always so difficult to track down my size in Levi's shrink to fit. I don't know why they only seem to offer size 30/31 waist with 32 inseam when they're shrink to fit jeans that lose 2-3 inches of inseam after shrinking!
Tried Amazon? I find more sizes there than at Levis. There's two or three 501 sellers on there, but I know one doesn't list what's stf and what's prewashed.
Anyone know why the downtown Seattle Levi's store shut down? I stopped in there 2 weeks ago and all the merch was crammed into one tiny corner of the store and everything was 60% off. I asked the clerk what the deal was and she was clueless. That store was one main reason I go down there... anyone know what's up? Is it moving? Shuttered for good?
funny, i stopped in here on my lunch break today, lured by the big 75% off sign in the window. they had all the mens stuff crammed in a tiny corner. i knew something was up, so i asked the cashier, he said they were closing. no more Levi's store in Seattle. I always liked going in there to browse, but it was sometimes frustrating. limited staff knowledge and very little made in usa stuff.
Did the cashier specifically say "no more Levi's store in Seattle"? The clerk I talked to said "they weren't able to get another building in time" but seemed unsure. I assumed this meant some sort of real estate issue with their current location. I hope that's the case and they re-open in another storefront. I need my jawns fix.
i asked him "are you guys closing?"
he replied "yes"
and i followed with "so, no more levi's store in seattle?"
me frown and walk out
so technically i said it, but he didn't give me any indication that they were moving to a new location. the store was huge, much more space than i think they needed, so I wouldn't be surprised if it boiled down to a real estate issue.
Question... I'm a bigger guy than most in this thread, so can you give me some advice on waist size? currently I wear 44x32 in the original 501s. The waist is probably a few inches too big, but they fit fine in the butt and thigh area. After a few wears, they get pretty baggy on me. Do you recommend I keep the waist true to size or go up 2 inches? My fear is that they won't shrink enough, and will fit like relaxed fit jeans, which just look sloppy in my opinion. I'm leaning toward going with 44x34 in stf.
Basically just trying to find a pair of beater jeans. They do have a leather patch and seem to be identical to the MiUSA $178 501 Selvedge they're now selling. I think the Mexico ones sold for $98 a couple of years ago. As others have noted the selvedge fabric isn't as stiff as the non-selvedge STF denim.
EDIT: I haven't worn Levi's in a few years -- am now a Japanese denim snob! -- but I will say that Levi's construction quality is amazing. The stitching is absolutely perfect, no stray threads, and some interesting thread lines. The downsides: The fabric feels really flimsy -- as it should -- compared to $250 denim, and the 501 anti-fit is not particularly flattering.
To me the perfect Levi's fit would be an inch shorter rise, an inch less in the thighs, and a taper to an 8" hem. Wait -- that describes just about every "slim-straight" high-end jean out there:o
Edited by Peter1 - 2/29/12 at 12:20pm
Also, thoughts on those? They were 125 on the discount, but I'm having second thoughts and might save up for a Tellason/3sixteen.
Regarding STFs in odd colors inquired about on here: There is an independet marshalls-style reretailer near me that has a lot of STFs in 501s in various colors--bbq, green, khaki, etc. If anyone's near south-central connecticut, Mickey Finns his worth a look.
- Levis 501 new fit
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 2 minutes ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 2 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 4 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 5 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 6 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 10 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 10 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments SS15 12 minutes ago
- › CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL 20 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan