or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Levis 501 new fit
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Levis 501 new fit - Page 11

post #151 of 1570
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHunter View Post
Which Macy's? And are you sure they were STF?
A Macy's in Michigan. Yes they were STF.
post #152 of 1570
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jferg4350 View Post
A Macy's in Michigan. Yes they were STF.

Interested in some kind of proxy? Or maybe I'll stop by Macy's Herald Square tomorrow.
post #153 of 1570
If someone's going to get those khaki STFs, would you mind picking me up a pair in 30x34? Too lazy to hunt them down myself, haha. I'd pay you for your trouble, of course
post #154 of 1570
The problem with Macy's is that they get STFs in same sizes as non-STF jeans. In other words, they do not account for shrinkage. Longest inseam they seem to sell is 32, which after shrinkage would become 29 -- too short for many.
post #155 of 1570
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlSailor View Post
The problem with Macy's is that they get STFs in same sizes as non-STF jeans. In other words, they do not account for shrinkage. Longest inseam they seem to sell is 32, which after shrinkage would become 29 -- too short for many.

Macys sells up to 36 from what i've seen.
post #156 of 1570
while on the hunt for regular STFs (Sears, Macy's, JCPenneys, none them had any in stock, in three local malls) I saw the khaki STFs in a ghetto store called Jimmy Jazz, in the Franklin Mills Mall (for anyone in the Philly area).
post #157 of 1570
sears has them online in the "khaki rigid" color, are these STF? http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_041A0051000P
post #158 of 1570
Quote:
Originally Posted by obeserabbit View Post
sears has them online in the "khaki rigid" color, are these STF?

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_041A0051000P

Those are STF, yes. Stock is limited with these things since they're discontinued, so you're stuck with the shorter inseams at this point at places like Sears, Macy's, etc.
post #159 of 1570
I grabbed some of the Khaki STFs at the state street macys today. I need some advice. I've never done the STF thing before so do these look like keepers? If I should keep them, what's the best way to go about shrinking them? Wear them for a few days and then hop in a bath tub? Thanks.
post #160 of 1570
put them in hot water alone for an hr or 2. Then put them on wet and squat down a few times to get them to fit. hang dry.
post #161 of 1570
They look like they fit right now. Which doesn't bode well for their fit once they shrink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by otc View Post
I grabbed some of the Khaki STFs at the state street macys today.

I need some advice. I've never done the STF thing before so do these look like keepers?


If I should keep them, what's the best way to go about shrinking them? Wear them for a few days and then hop in a bath tub?

Thanks.
post #162 of 1570
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sweet View Post
They look like they fit right now. Which doesn't bode well for their fit once they shrink.

Yeah, I am sort of worried about that...there weren't a lot of sizes available. There is still some room at the waist and people in this thread have been saying that they stretch back a lot to the point where some of the recomendations actually said true to size.

I am a little worried about the length (since I would rather have just bought too long and hemmed) but there is a ton of extra there...I don't like my jeans to be dragging on the floor and when I cuffed almost 4" they felt ok...so I am leaning towards keeping them.

Any other advice? Teger want to chime in(your advice worked for the last pair)?
post #163 of 1570
I have a question about removing the Levi stitching on the back pockets. I don't like any company advertising on my arse. My old go-to jeans were BR but they no longer make the cut that I like. I picked up some 501's tonight and they fit amazing. I love the look but not the back pockets, I'm thinking I can remove the stitching much like I remove pockets from shirts but don't know if anyone has had experience with this. I did a search but didn't find anything............
post #164 of 1570
Quote:
Originally Posted by otc View Post
Yeah, I am sort of worried about that...there weren't a lot of sizes available. There is still some room at the waist and people in this thread have been saying that they stretch back a lot to the point where some of the recomendations actually said true to size. I am a little worried about the length (since I would rather have just bought too long and hemmed) but there is a ton of extra there...I don't like my jeans to be dragging on the floor and when I cuffed almost 4" they felt ok...so I am leaning towards keeping them. Any other advice? Teger want to chime in(your advice worked for the last pair)?
Yes, they can stretch out to the tagged size; I'm a true 30 waist and I have a pair of STFs in 30 that fit perfectly. You might want to consider shrinking them by sitting in a warm bath while wearing them, as it'll prevent the waist from shrinking below your true waist. It's what I did, anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by minnesotamoon View Post
I have a question about removing the Levi stitching on the back pockets. I don't like any company advertising on my arse. My old go-to jeans were BR but they no longer make the cut that I like. I picked up some 501's tonight and they fit amazing. I love the look but not the back pockets, I'm thinking I can remove the stitching much like I remove pockets from shirts but don't know if anyone has had experience with this. I did a search but didn't find anything............
You can remove the stitching the same way you remove stitching on anything else: with a seam ripper, or a small knife or pair of scissors.
post #165 of 1570
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqhong View Post

You can remove the stitching the same way you remove stitching on anything else: with a seam ripper, or a small knife or pair of scissors.


That's my thought as well, just don't know if it will leave markings where the stitching used to be. Only one way to find out......
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Levis 501 new fit