Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:33 am in Classic Menswear
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 8:25am in Streetwear and Denim
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Mod to Suedehead - Page 662post #9916 of 2562312/18/12 at 11:03ampost #9917 of 2562312/18/12 at 11:40ampost #9918 of 2562312/18/12 at 11:46ampost #9919 of 2562312/18/12 at 11:47ampost #9920 of 2562312/18/12 at 12:10pmpost #9921 of 2562312/18/12 at 12:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by flyfronted
The Tote we remember it well .. horses on the terraces .http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=9KBUeMi1a2I
I used to go to the tote end from around 78 to 80, used to go with a mate who was older than me and was charged by my parents to keep an eye on me, not sure if it was that game, or when another London club visited but it kicked off like that big time, me mate told me to go to the front of the tote as he was going up the back to help out, it was bedlam and things got a bit close for my liking so i jumped onto the dog track and stood by a copper who asked what the hell i was doing, i told him i wasn't staying in there with those nutters, and had no desire to get a kick in the head from the big kids.
Thanks for the linkpost #9922 of 2562312/18/12 at 12:20pmQuote:
Abraham Martin and John, Brown Sugar, All right now, Maggie May, Hey girl don't bother me, Bridge over trouble water, Bad moon rising - there were loads.
People thought that we only listened to Reggae and Tamla but we were not tunneled visioned. We would listen to what we liked as we not ashamed to admit if we liked a pop tune (excluding Rolf Harris 'Two Little Boys' etc) as we had our own minds even though we we had our own mould/style.post #9923 of 2562312/18/12 at 12:29pmQuote:
Nothing wrong with Elvis . But we would not have worn his jump suits down the boozer. I reckon his best ballads were late 60s early 70s. I suppose it was his Vegas era then.
We really could appreciate various styles of music then and I think the choice was vastpost #9924 of 2562312/18/12 at 12:42pmQuote:Originally Posted by Aces and Eights
Abraham Martin and John, Brown Sugar, All right now, MaMggie May, Hey girl don't bother me, Bridge over trouble water, Bad moon rising - there were loads.
People thought that we only listened to Reggae and Tamla but we were not tunneled visioned. We would listen to what we liked as we not ashamed to admit if we liked a pop tune (excluding Rolf Harris 'Two Little Boys' etc) as we had our own minds even though we we had our own mould/style.
Maggie May, one of my all time favourites, im a massive fan of Rod the mod up until 76 when he changed directionpost #9925 of 2562312/18/12 at 1:20pmQuote:My missus is a 'Maggie', though I have never called her that - and don't like others doing it, either.
Ahhhh... the memories:
http://www.chartmagic.co.uk/lyrics/1969_hits.htmlpost #9926 of 2562312/18/12 at 2:30pmQuote:Bugger!!! Now what am I gonna get you guys for Christmas?post #9927 of 2562312/18/12 at 2:57pmWhat about the more commercial soul that's not Tamla?
Member Kingstonian once said on FNB:Quote:pre-68 Atlantic Greatest Hits compilation LPs, Stax Volt, Tamla Motown. El Cheapo 'This is Soul' LP(12/6d) plus assorted soul items.
1968 Ska and Rock Steady
1969 Reggae - assorted 'Tighten Up' and Pama compilation LPs
1970 James Brown
What I mean the soul that's moving more towards funk.
Tighten Up from Archie Bell and the Drells for example, did it hit UK (or was it too late, it was released in US in 1968)?post #9928 of 2562312/18/12 at 3:00pmQuote:Originally Posted by Ed Vaughan
My missus is a 'Maggie', though I have never called her that - and don't like others doing it, either.
Ahhhh... the memories:
Im the same Ed, the wifes name is Carolyn, it bugs me when anyone calls here Caroline.
Some great tracks there on that list, one of which was responsible for a trip to hospital for me as a youngster, i can still smell/taste the gas nowpost #9929 of 2562312/18/12 at 11:31pmpost #9930 of 2562312/18/12 at 11:31pm
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 32 seconds ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 5 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 5 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 6 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 6 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 6 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Junkard Boots 8 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...