Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:24 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 7:55 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Mod to Suedehead - Page 662post #9916 of 2023312/18/12 at 11:03am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #9917 of 2023312/18/12 at 11:40ampost #9918 of 2023312/18/12 at 11:46ampost #9919 of 2023312/18/12 at 11:47ampost #9920 of 2023312/18/12 at 12:10pmpost #9921 of 2023312/18/12 at 12:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by flyfronted
The Tote we remember it well .. horses on the terraces .http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=9KBUeMi1a2I
I used to go to the tote end from around 78 to 80, used to go with a mate who was older than me and was charged by my parents to keep an eye on me, not sure if it was that game, or when another London club visited but it kicked off like that big time, me mate told me to go to the front of the tote as he was going up the back to help out, it was bedlam and things got a bit close for my liking so i jumped onto the dog track and stood by a copper who asked what the hell i was doing, i told him i wasn't staying in there with those nutters, and had no desire to get a kick in the head from the big kids.
Thanks for the linkpost #9922 of 2023312/18/12 at 12:20pmQuote:
Abraham Martin and John, Brown Sugar, All right now, Maggie May, Hey girl don't bother me, Bridge over trouble water, Bad moon rising - there were loads.
People thought that we only listened to Reggae and Tamla but we were not tunneled visioned. We would listen to what we liked as we not ashamed to admit if we liked a pop tune (excluding Rolf Harris 'Two Little Boys' etc) as we had our own minds even though we we had our own mould/style.post #9923 of 2023312/18/12 at 12:29pmQuote:
Nothing wrong with Elvis . But we would not have worn his jump suits down the boozer. I reckon his best ballads were late 60s early 70s. I suppose it was his Vegas era then.
We really could appreciate various styles of music then and I think the choice was vastpost #9924 of 2023312/18/12 at 12:42pmQuote:Originally Posted by Aces and Eights
Abraham Martin and John, Brown Sugar, All right now, MaMggie May, Hey girl don't bother me, Bridge over trouble water, Bad moon rising - there were loads.
People thought that we only listened to Reggae and Tamla but we were not tunneled visioned. We would listen to what we liked as we not ashamed to admit if we liked a pop tune (excluding Rolf Harris 'Two Little Boys' etc) as we had our own minds even though we we had our own mould/style.
Maggie May, one of my all time favourites, im a massive fan of Rod the mod up until 76 when he changed directionpost #9925 of 2023312/18/12 at 1:20pmQuote:My missus is a 'Maggie', though I have never called her that - and don't like others doing it, either.
Ahhhh... the memories:
http://www.chartmagic.co.uk/lyrics/1969_hits.htmlpost #9926 of 2023312/18/12 at 2:30pmQuote:Bugger!!! Now what am I gonna get you guys for Christmas?post #9927 of 2023312/18/12 at 2:57pmWhat about the more commercial soul that's not Tamla?
Member Kingstonian once said on FNB:Quote:pre-68 Atlantic Greatest Hits compilation LPs, Stax Volt, Tamla Motown. El Cheapo 'This is Soul' LP(12/6d) plus assorted soul items.
1968 Ska and Rock Steady
1969 Reggae - assorted 'Tighten Up' and Pama compilation LPs
1970 James Brown
What I mean the soul that's moving more towards funk.
Tighten Up from Archie Bell and the Drells for example, did it hit UK (or was it too late, it was released in US in 1968)?post #9928 of 2023312/18/12 at 3:00pmQuote:Originally Posted by Ed Vaughan
My missus is a 'Maggie', though I have never called her that - and don't like others doing it, either.
Ahhhh... the memories:
Im the same Ed, the wifes name is Carolyn, it bugs me when anyone calls here Caroline.
Some great tracks there on that list, one of which was responsible for a trip to hospital for me as a youngster, i can still smell/taste the gas nowpost #9929 of 2023312/18/12 at 11:31pm
- Mod to Suedehead
Styleforum Top Picks
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 9 seconds ago
- › NIB Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Black Chelsea Boot 10.5E UK 50 seconds ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 55 seconds ago
- › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II 6 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 12 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 16 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 17 minutes ago
- › 2015 50 Book Challenge 22 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge May 8th 2015: The odd white trouser challenge... 24 minutes ago
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan
- › Two Japanese Words Every Clothing Dork Should...