Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:10 am in Classic Menswear
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 8:25am in Streetwear and Denim
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...Last edited: 2/8/16
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden FootwearLast edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...Last edited: 2/1/16
- A primer on shoe creams conditioners, and waxesLast edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Mod to Suedehead - Page 662post #9916 of 2292212/18/12 at 11:03am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #9917 of 2292212/18/12 at 11:40ampost #9918 of 2292212/18/12 at 11:46ampost #9919 of 2292212/18/12 at 11:47ampost #9920 of 2292212/18/12 at 12:10pmpost #9921 of 2292212/18/12 at 12:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by flyfronted
The Tote we remember it well .. horses on the terraces .http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=9KBUeMi1a2I
I used to go to the tote end from around 78 to 80, used to go with a mate who was older than me and was charged by my parents to keep an eye on me, not sure if it was that game, or when another London club visited but it kicked off like that big time, me mate told me to go to the front of the tote as he was going up the back to help out, it was bedlam and things got a bit close for my liking so i jumped onto the dog track and stood by a copper who asked what the hell i was doing, i told him i wasn't staying in there with those nutters, and had no desire to get a kick in the head from the big kids.
Thanks for the linkpost #9922 of 2292212/18/12 at 12:20pmQuote:
Abraham Martin and John, Brown Sugar, All right now, Maggie May, Hey girl don't bother me, Bridge over trouble water, Bad moon rising - there were loads.
People thought that we only listened to Reggae and Tamla but we were not tunneled visioned. We would listen to what we liked as we not ashamed to admit if we liked a pop tune (excluding Rolf Harris 'Two Little Boys' etc) as we had our own minds even though we we had our own mould/style.post #9923 of 2292212/18/12 at 12:29pmQuote:
Nothing wrong with Elvis . But we would not have worn his jump suits down the boozer. I reckon his best ballads were late 60s early 70s. I suppose it was his Vegas era then.
We really could appreciate various styles of music then and I think the choice was vastpost #9924 of 2292212/18/12 at 12:42pmQuote:Originally Posted by Aces and Eights
Abraham Martin and John, Brown Sugar, All right now, MaMggie May, Hey girl don't bother me, Bridge over trouble water, Bad moon rising - there were loads.
People thought that we only listened to Reggae and Tamla but we were not tunneled visioned. We would listen to what we liked as we not ashamed to admit if we liked a pop tune (excluding Rolf Harris 'Two Little Boys' etc) as we had our own minds even though we we had our own mould/style.
Maggie May, one of my all time favourites, im a massive fan of Rod the mod up until 76 when he changed directionpost #9925 of 2292212/18/12 at 1:20pmQuote:My missus is a 'Maggie', though I have never called her that - and don't like others doing it, either.
Ahhhh... the memories:
http://www.chartmagic.co.uk/lyrics/1969_hits.htmlpost #9926 of 2292212/18/12 at 2:30pmQuote:Bugger!!! Now what am I gonna get you guys for Christmas?post #9927 of 2292212/18/12 at 2:57pmWhat about the more commercial soul that's not Tamla?
Member Kingstonian once said on FNB:Quote:pre-68 Atlantic Greatest Hits compilation LPs, Stax Volt, Tamla Motown. El Cheapo 'This is Soul' LP(12/6d) plus assorted soul items.
1968 Ska and Rock Steady
1969 Reggae - assorted 'Tighten Up' and Pama compilation LPs
1970 James Brown
What I mean the soul that's moving more towards funk.
Tighten Up from Archie Bell and the Drells for example, did it hit UK (or was it too late, it was released in US in 1968)?post #9928 of 2292212/18/12 at 3:00pmQuote:Originally Posted by Ed Vaughan
My missus is a 'Maggie', though I have never called her that - and don't like others doing it, either.
Ahhhh... the memories:
Im the same Ed, the wifes name is Carolyn, it bugs me when anyone calls here Caroline.
Some great tracks there on that list, one of which was responsible for a trip to hospital for me as a youngster, i can still smell/taste the gas nowpost #9929 of 2292212/18/12 at 11:31pm
- Mod to Suedehead
Styleforum Top Picks
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 1 minute ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 4 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 4 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 7 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 11 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 14 minutes ago
- › Official: STAR WARS THREAD. These are the droids you're looking... 19 minutes ago
- › ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. 20 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...