Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Who's the SF-approved guy in my salsa class? Last post on 8/8/11 at 4:14am in Classic Menswear
- *6/25 DROPS*Fs: Geller, W+h, Gitman, Ndg, Sda, Ov, Ervell, APC, etc. Last post on 6/25/11 at 5:48am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- The Trend Back to Wide Legs and Flares? Last post on 3/28/11 at 12:34pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Is this Louis Vuitton t-shirt working for me? Last post on 2/23/11 at 12:38am in Classic Menswear
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Mod to Suedehead - Page 662post #9916 of 1951312/18/12 at 11:03am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #9917 of 1951312/18/12 at 11:40ampost #9918 of 1951312/18/12 at 11:46ampost #9919 of 1951312/18/12 at 11:47ampost #9920 of 1951312/18/12 at 12:10pmpost #9921 of 1951312/18/12 at 12:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by flyfronted
The Tote we remember it well .. horses on the terraces .http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=9KBUeMi1a2I
I used to go to the tote end from around 78 to 80, used to go with a mate who was older than me and was charged by my parents to keep an eye on me, not sure if it was that game, or when another London club visited but it kicked off like that big time, me mate told me to go to the front of the tote as he was going up the back to help out, it was bedlam and things got a bit close for my liking so i jumped onto the dog track and stood by a copper who asked what the hell i was doing, i told him i wasn't staying in there with those nutters, and had no desire to get a kick in the head from the big kids.
Thanks for the linkpost #9922 of 1951312/18/12 at 12:20pmQuote:
Abraham Martin and John, Brown Sugar, All right now, Maggie May, Hey girl don't bother me, Bridge over trouble water, Bad moon rising - there were loads.
People thought that we only listened to Reggae and Tamla but we were not tunneled visioned. We would listen to what we liked as we not ashamed to admit if we liked a pop tune (excluding Rolf Harris 'Two Little Boys' etc) as we had our own minds even though we we had our own mould/style.post #9923 of 1951312/18/12 at 12:29pmQuote:
Nothing wrong with Elvis . But we would not have worn his jump suits down the boozer. I reckon his best ballads were late 60s early 70s. I suppose it was his Vegas era then.
We really could appreciate various styles of music then and I think the choice was vastpost #9924 of 1951312/18/12 at 12:42pmQuote:Originally Posted by Aces and Eights
Abraham Martin and John, Brown Sugar, All right now, MaMggie May, Hey girl don't bother me, Bridge over trouble water, Bad moon rising - there were loads.
People thought that we only listened to Reggae and Tamla but we were not tunneled visioned. We would listen to what we liked as we not ashamed to admit if we liked a pop tune (excluding Rolf Harris 'Two Little Boys' etc) as we had our own minds even though we we had our own mould/style.
Maggie May, one of my all time favourites, im a massive fan of Rod the mod up until 76 when he changed directionpost #9925 of 1951312/18/12 at 1:20pmQuote:My missus is a 'Maggie', though I have never called her that - and don't like others doing it, either.
Ahhhh... the memories:
http://www.chartmagic.co.uk/lyrics/1969_hits.htmlpost #9926 of 1951312/18/12 at 2:30pmQuote:Bugger!!! Now what am I gonna get you guys for Christmas?post #9927 of 1951312/18/12 at 2:57pmWhat about the more commercial soul that's not Tamla?
Member Kingstonian once said on FNB:Quote:pre-68 Atlantic Greatest Hits compilation LPs, Stax Volt, Tamla Motown. El Cheapo 'This is Soul' LP(12/6d) plus assorted soul items.
1968 Ska and Rock Steady
1969 Reggae - assorted 'Tighten Up' and Pama compilation LPs
1970 James Brown
What I mean the soul that's moving more towards funk.
Tighten Up from Archie Bell and the Drells for example, did it hit UK (or was it too late, it was released in US in 1968)?post #9928 of 1951312/18/12 at 3:00pmQuote:Originally Posted by Ed Vaughan
My missus is a 'Maggie', though I have never called her that - and don't like others doing it, either.
Ahhhh... the memories:
Im the same Ed, the wifes name is Carolyn, it bugs me when anyone calls here Caroline.
Some great tracks there on that list, one of which was responsible for a trip to hospital for me as a youngster, i can still smell/taste the gas nowpost #9929 of 1951312/18/12 at 11:31pm
- Mod to Suedehead
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › A.P.C. AW11 wool/cotton slim trousers with stain detail 10 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 39 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 2 minutes ago
- › Should a guy who got dumped lie to his ex that he's seeing someone... 3 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 5 minutes ago
- › Briefcase porn thread 6 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 7 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › Sneakers for Boot People
- › The Pleasures and Perils of the Long Coat
- › Professor Fabulous Returns to the Closet
- › Why Styleforum Matters
- › The Pittilogues: Pitti Uomo 87, Day 0
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays