or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Mod to Suedehead
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Mod to Suedehead - Page 645

post #9661 of 19152
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankmod View Post

Would love to see a photo of the jacket.

Not too good on the Computer,but I will wear it somewhere that Photos are being taken.
post #9662 of 19152
Quote:
Originally Posted by browniecj View Post

No problem.There were Leather Jackets worn(Black or otherwise) and believe me we were not Fetish---well just a little!!!!smile.gif


Hahaha, well played!
I know they were worn, just my personal taste says "no!"
Horses for courses and all!
post #9663 of 19152
a facebook shared photo, good one, havent seen it before. nice to see "action shots" smile.gif

1969, Cardiff City vs Bristol match

post #9664 of 19152
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrysgame View Post


Is this you MoM?
I found that in a book in the library about '85.
Spriti of '69 sounds like its associated with the book (well, and hundreds of corny tattoos, flyers, posters, T shirts and often awful so called skinhead imagery).
Its become an overused tag like line "keep the Faith" on the soul scene.
Please don't call it "hard mods" though. #spine shivver#
And despite the fact that most lads on here like a drink, its got nowt to do with beer.
Keep it subtle.
post #9665 of 19152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botolph View Post

This thread is always fascinating reading, the details, the minutae, the anecdotes, etc. 
Anyroad, seeing about 100 pages or so back, people were talking about jungle greens, how expensive/dear they are, and hard to source, here's an online surplus shop that carries them.  Got a pair and sewed in a 1" turnup, they're great work pants and I wear them pretty much every day on the job.  Just ordered 2 more pair. 
  I suppose this link is more for us Septics than yous Britons, as I don't know if they ship overseas, but here's the link anyways:

http://www.fatiguesarmynavy.com/store/item/US1004/Basic_Four_Pocket_Fatigue_Pants___Made_in_USAhttp://www.fatiguesarmynavy.com/store/item/US1004/Basic_Four_Pocket_Fatigue_Pants___Made_in_USA


OK, carry on with the best skinhead "forum" on the net.  As an aside, and for what it's worth, I'm not digging that Levi leather trucker, just screams "fetishist" to me, sorry! 

Botolph If you go further back in the thread you will see some pics of Jungle Greens posted by me.. as worn by 68 Skinheads, They was American Issue Sateen OG 107. Bought in Army surplus stores in various parts of 60s London.
Here is the photos of my Jungle Greens.

You can get original 60s Jungle greens from Vintage Trends. com in the USA, Great company for kit that ship to UK.

Their was another issue with one rear pocket.





post #9666 of 19152
And can someone explain goofle's objections. If its thinking that any thread with skinhead in the title must therefore have racist connotations and therefore must be shut down so as to to offend some of its members, then a simple word search will flag up the word skinhead thousands of times within and lead to a ban anyway. Its a shame they can't concentrate on clamping down on some of the other billion pages of depraved filth, but if its the word 'skinhead' that's the offender, you can call the thread 'cute puppies in hats' - its still gonna get closed.
post #9667 of 19152
Quote:
Originally Posted by buttons View Post

And can someone explain goofle's objections. If its thinking that any thread with skinhead in the title must therefore have racist connotations and therefore must be shut down so as to to offend some of its members, then a simple word search will flag up the word skinhead thousands of times within and lead to a ban anyway. Its a shame they can't concentrate on clamping down on some of the other billion pages of depraved filth, but if its the word 'skinhead' that's the offender, you can call the thread 'cute puppies in hats' - its still gonna get closed.

Whats this all about buttons ?..I thought the lad was talking American talk , so I did not get it????
post #9668 of 19152
Quote:
Originally Posted by buttons View Post

And despite the fact that most lads on here like a drink, its got nowt to do with beer.
Keep it subtle.

 

 

 

Here to help happy.gif.  The Beer, Boots, and Bovver thing was a lark, just sprang to mind. 

  To reiterate my sentiment earlier, I'm but a casual poster here and not of the original brethren(and sistren[if such a word exists]), so take my input as you will:  There is the possibility of making the name/thread title so subtle and vague that potential new contributors may miss it. 

 

A couple other offerings:

"This Thing Of Ours",

"Our Thing",

"Skiffle Cuts and Bovver Boots"

"Tighten Up"

 

 

Again, just suggestions.  Too bad the G**gle Gods are causing all this malarkey.

post #9669 of 19152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasttye View Post


Botolph If you go further back in the thread you will see some pics of Jungle Greens posted by me.. as worn by 68 Skinheads, They was American Issue Sateen OG 107. Bought in Army surplus stores in various parts of 60s London.
Here is the photos of my Jungle Greens.
You can get original 60s Jungle greens from Vintage Trends. com in the USA, Great company for kit that ship to UK.
Their was another issue with one rear pocket.

 

 

 

Indeed, sir.  I've got the exact ones with the two flapped rear pockets.  I'll throw on up some pics on Mondee if I remember. 

post #9670 of 19152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasttye View Post

Whats this all about buttons ?..I thought the lad was talking American talk , so I did not get it????

I think the poster is one of the higher ups up here, and he's got a warning from g00gle that they do not like skinhead talk (just like facebook is effectively closing down all the pages that ha to do with skinhead). In the eyes of g00gle corp. skinhead is that American History X thing. So that's why that styleforum higher up is asking to change the name of this topic so that google won't bug this forum (and no google is probably not gonna read the thread... They probably think we are all in here for some racist gathering).
post #9671 of 19152
Quote:
Originally Posted by loempiavreter View Post

I think the poster is one of the higher ups up here, and he's got a warning from g00gle that they do not like skinhead talk (just like facebook is effectively closing down all the pages that ha to do with skinhead). In the eyes of g00gle corp. skinhead is that American History X thing. So that's why that styleforum higher up is asking to change the name of this topic so that google won't bug this forum (and no google is probably not gonna read the thread... They probably think we are all in here for some racist gathering).

Cheers loempiaverter, so what we gonna do?
post #9672 of 19152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasttye View Post

Cheers loempiaverter, so what we gonna do?

Suggestion from the forum admin was

1 Move it to a section called 'Dumb Threads'.

or

2 Change the name

With 1 you will get no new traffic only people already on SF will have access

Changing the name also risks losing some new traffic if the name is too obscure.

All round a difficult situation. You could have 'hardcore porn' or 'gambling' in the title and Google would not be bothered. NB I am not suggesting we change it to include those, as we would definitely confuse people.
post #9673 of 19152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasttye View Post


Cheers loempiaverter, so what we gonna do?


As far as im aware Admin have the last word on site threads in that there cyberspace, they can pull the plug so to speak ( i stand corrected if wrong).

Having just goonle'd the words traditional skinheads, i was shown 33 pages of images, one of which was Willy Wonka, i then tried the search in reverse, plenty of pics of the purple chocolatier, sweets, and a pair of womans buttocks covered in what appears to be smarties, but nothing connected to the words traditional skinheads, theres times when i find this net lark confusing Roy

post #9674 of 19152

Did not want to assume the name change was cause of bigotry by way of ignorance.LA Guy ain't sayin.My interest in this thread at this point is seeing the book come to fruition as it may be the best skinhead story told to date,and may settle thing once and for all.This is the future form of Facism,in the form of cutesy fonts.Question is,can G(that who's name can't be uttered,brrrrrr)be defeated and clue them in.Lot of good suggestions for names and Kingstonian's on the right track,getting the uneducated to find this thread and stay to learn.I found it from "Traditional Skinheads" I think I checked "Original" first.Good to see some folks make an appearence,we missed you and browniecj,whenever you get the chance,vogue for us.

post #9675 of 19152
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankmod View Post

Did not want to assume the name change was cause of bigotry by way of ignorance.LA Guy ain't sayin.My interest in this thread at this point is seeing the book come to fruition as it may be the best skinhead story told to date,and may settle thing once and for all.This is the future form of Facism,in the form of cutesy fonts.Question is,can G(that who's name can't be uttered,brrrrrr)be defeated and clue them in.Lot of good suggestions for names and Kingstonian's on the right track,getting the uneducated to find this thread and stay to learn.I found it from "Traditional Skinheads" I think I checked "Original" first.Good to see some folks make an appearence,we missed you and browniecj,whenever you get the chance,vogue for us.

Maybe it could be called"People In Shorter Trousers".When the Book is near Fruitition,could the Title come on here?Then ,hopefully,People would want to contribute.Any suggestions M-o-M?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Mod to Suedehead