Good one browniecj.Good to know."Senior Member" Gramps? I guess we all succumb to that time passing con-undrom someday.Puts me in mind of the Jonathan Richman song "Dignified and Old"
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 2:31 am in Classic Menswear
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 8:25am in Streetwear and Denim
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...Last edited: 2/1/16
- A primer on shoe creams conditioners, and waxesLast edited: 2/1/16
- What is bullhide, and why is it attractive/desirable? What are its...Last edited: 2/1/16
- Aren't technically almost all shoe leathers corrected grain?Last edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Mod to Suedehead - Page 642post #9616 of 2290411/26/12 at 2:47pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #9617 of 2290411/26/12 at 8:39pmpost #9618 of 2290411/26/12 at 11:07pmpost #9619 of 2290411/26/12 at 11:09pmpost #9620 of 2290411/26/12 at 11:18pmpost #9621 of 2290411/27/12 at 12:25ampost #9622 of 2290411/27/12 at 11:58ampost #9623 of 2290411/27/12 at 12:07pmpost #9624 of 2290411/27/12 at 1:51pmQuote:
Cool adverts Ed.Thanks for that.I like the Rosco,had several pairs of the Ringo's when I was a tot (in the 70's) I confer browniecj.Groovy(a slang term from the 20's by the way,recycled)post #9625 of 2290411/27/12 at 9:22pmpost #9626 of 2290411/27/12 at 10:12pmpost #9627 of 2290411/27/12 at 10:57pm
I was in the local disabled shop last week (Mrs Mystery is partly disabled) and they had a poster on the back wall with the caption 'My Generation'. It had a drawing of three mods on scooters with Brighton pier in the background, and next to it a drawing of three people in late middle-age (obviously the same people) on electric shopping-scooters. It was actually tasteful and rather cute, but it reminds us whats awaiting the Class of 69!post #9628 of 2290411/27/12 at 11:56pm
Wasn't my intention to bring anyone down.Just thought the walker with mirrors was clever.Forgot to say the caption on the photo read "Hope I die before I get old" I don't subscribe to all this "youth culture" bullshit. A swindle created by Madison ave. add agencies tryin to sell plastic crap to kids with disposable income.Mick Jones of the Clash said "I don't trust anyone under 30" and I agree. Funny image M.O.M.The Electric shopping scooters. I'm gonna pose this question again for the Firm. Were there suburban and rural skins as well or was it just an inner city thing?post #9629 of 2290411/28/12 at 3:48amQuote:There were definitely skins - albeit two styles behind in many cases - across the whole of England and Wales in the day.Originally Posted by yankmod
Wasn't my intention to bring anyone down.Just thought the walker with mirrors was clever.Forgot to say the caption on the photo read "Hope I die before I get old" I don't subscribe to all this "youth culture" bullshit. A swindle created by Madison ave. add agencies tryin to sell plastic crap to kids with disposable income.Mick Jones of the Clash said "I don't trust anyone under 30" and I agree. Funny image M.O.M.The Electric shopping scooters. I'm gonna pose this question again for the Firm. Were there suburban and rural skins as well or was it just an inner city thing?
Scotland was a different kettle of fish, with many of that age having long - in some cases very long - hair, but still wearing what was skinhead-style clothing.post #9630 of 2290411/28/12 at 4:42amQuote:Originally Posted by browniecj
As far as I know(even though in some Books,it states)the only Grandad Shirts I saw worn-were by Hippies.I have seen it written that the early Skinheads look like Eastern Europeans.What absolute B*ll*cks.The Skins were Mods so why look scruffy-even with their Boots etc.I even dispute them wearing British Army Fatigues(Skinheads,Nick Knight-Jim Fergusons` Drawings) in the early stages-maybe in the North they did!!!! Slade were not f*cking Skinheads,how many more times has this got to be said!!!!!
Agreed , Slade were a manufactured skinhead band because skinhead was popular at that time so their managers thought it would be a marketing gimmick , exactly the same as what happened to The Who , who were never Mods !
- Mod to Suedehead
Styleforum Top Picks
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 9 seconds ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 23 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 51 seconds ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 6 minutes ago
- › Jose Real Norwegian Stitched Light Brown shoe Sz 13 6 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 7 minutes ago
- › Caruso SC EU48/US38 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...