Good one browniecj.Good to know."Senior Member" Gramps? I guess we all succumb to that time passing con-undrom someday.Puts me in mind of the Jonathan Richman song "Dignified and Old"
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 4:00 am in Classic Menswear
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Mod to Suedehead - Page 642post #9616 of 2156811/26/12 at 2:47pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #9617 of 2156811/26/12 at 8:39pmpost #9618 of 2156811/26/12 at 11:07pmpost #9619 of 2156811/26/12 at 11:09pmpost #9620 of 2156811/26/12 at 11:18pmpost #9621 of 2156811/27/12 at 12:25ampost #9622 of 2156811/27/12 at 11:58ampost #9623 of 2156811/27/12 at 12:07pmpost #9624 of 2156811/27/12 at 1:51pmQuote:
Cool adverts Ed.Thanks for that.I like the Rosco,had several pairs of the Ringo's when I was a tot (in the 70's) I confer browniecj.Groovy(a slang term from the 20's by the way,recycled)post #9625 of 2156811/27/12 at 9:22pmpost #9626 of 2156811/27/12 at 10:12pmpost #9627 of 2156811/27/12 at 10:57pm
I was in the local disabled shop last week (Mrs Mystery is partly disabled) and they had a poster on the back wall with the caption 'My Generation'. It had a drawing of three mods on scooters with Brighton pier in the background, and next to it a drawing of three people in late middle-age (obviously the same people) on electric shopping-scooters. It was actually tasteful and rather cute, but it reminds us whats awaiting the Class of 69!post #9628 of 2156811/27/12 at 11:56pm
Wasn't my intention to bring anyone down.Just thought the walker with mirrors was clever.Forgot to say the caption on the photo read "Hope I die before I get old" I don't subscribe to all this "youth culture" bullshit. A swindle created by Madison ave. add agencies tryin to sell plastic crap to kids with disposable income.Mick Jones of the Clash said "I don't trust anyone under 30" and I agree. Funny image M.O.M.The Electric shopping scooters. I'm gonna pose this question again for the Firm. Were there suburban and rural skins as well or was it just an inner city thing?post #9629 of 2156811/28/12 at 3:48amQuote:There were definitely skins - albeit two styles behind in many cases - across the whole of England and Wales in the day.Originally Posted by yankmod
Wasn't my intention to bring anyone down.Just thought the walker with mirrors was clever.Forgot to say the caption on the photo read "Hope I die before I get old" I don't subscribe to all this "youth culture" bullshit. A swindle created by Madison ave. add agencies tryin to sell plastic crap to kids with disposable income.Mick Jones of the Clash said "I don't trust anyone under 30" and I agree. Funny image M.O.M.The Electric shopping scooters. I'm gonna pose this question again for the Firm. Were there suburban and rural skins as well or was it just an inner city thing?
Scotland was a different kettle of fish, with many of that age having long - in some cases very long - hair, but still wearing what was skinhead-style clothing.post #9630 of 2156811/28/12 at 4:42amQuote:Originally Posted by browniecj
As far as I know(even though in some Books,it states)the only Grandad Shirts I saw worn-were by Hippies.I have seen it written that the early Skinheads look like Eastern Europeans.What absolute B*ll*cks.The Skins were Mods so why look scruffy-even with their Boots etc.I even dispute them wearing British Army Fatigues(Skinheads,Nick Knight-Jim Fergusons` Drawings) in the early stages-maybe in the North they did!!!! Slade were not f*cking Skinheads,how many more times has this got to be said!!!!!
Agreed , Slade were a manufactured skinhead band because skinhead was popular at that time so their managers thought it would be a marketing gimmick , exactly the same as what happened to The Who , who were never Mods !
- Mod to Suedehead
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
- › Alligator / Crocodile Shoes 1 minute ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 3 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 4 minutes ago
- › Next jacket? 5 minutes ago
- › Motorcycles 6 minutes ago
- › *** Visvim thread: Dissertation on a Japanese Holy Spirit *** 7 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review 9 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 12 minutes ago
- › Croquis sartoriaux / Sartorial sketches 15 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...