or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Mod to Suedehead
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Mod to Suedehead - Page 640

post #9586 of 19158
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankmod View Post

Country Gent thats a good one Ed,understood.Only thing I like on the second choice is the suede on the inside of the collar.I found several recent Harringtons in awful patterns and colors,didn't post,didn't want to upset the Orig.'s delicate sensibilities.Here is a new one I found. Says Tottenham Skins. 

This looks from the late 70s going by the double door bus. Also some later aspects of clothing shown.
post #9587 of 19158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man-of-Mystery View Post

You're a gent.
Don't say that... just spent an hour trying to find it again.

I'll check my other machine and see if I've kept the 'history'. shog[1].gif
post #9588 of 19158

700

 

Speaking of leather harringtons, wear mine quite a bit. Very dark brown 60's number..! cheers.gif

post #9589 of 19158


being a NY'er i'm a fan of having a lil' "Uptown and Downtown" in my boot rotation.

here is a brief simple side-by-side of my:
- MTO Tricker Herman cap-toes (left)Thanks again Shoehealer!
- Dr. Marten MiE 1460 (right)

I personally like to have boots for both work and play...
post #9590 of 19158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Vaughan View Post

Make of this what you want.
http://www.substance.tv/magazine/style/the-only-jacket-required/90/
FWIW: my first - and it was black - harrington was from Stone-Dri* on Market Street, city centre Manchester in 1969.
Subsequently had red and blue ones - but can't remember where they were from.
(* http://www.stone-dri.com )

Blimey - Stone Dri are still going? They as well as Austins, Rodney Thomas and MIllets were our main points of call on shoplifting shopping expeditions back then biggrin.gif
post #9591 of 19158
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankmod View Post

Not insulted M.O.M. Would be interested in constructive criticism. What is it you don't like?

Sorry Yankmod but if you genuinely have to ask the question you probably wouldn't understand the answer. That jacket is just so wrong on so many levels that I suspect M-o-M doesn't know where to start... I know I don't. shog[1].gif
post #9592 of 19158

Question Fellas.The Yids Army,Spurs Crew.I read somewhere that they started as a skinhead crew(and use to get a lot of anti semetic greif,thus the name) Is this true and what did you guys think of a Jewish Skinhead crew?The Yid Army claims to be the crew that exported Bovver to Europe as they were the first in Holland 74'   McDermott,Nice one thanks for dat.Davichan,ever hang at Coney Island High back when?My friend Sean Oliver use to play there.Exuse the dyslexia.

post #9593 of 19158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressure_Drop View Post


Sorry Yankmod but if you genuinely have to ask the question you probably wouldn't understand the answer. That jacket is just so wrong on so many levels that I suspect M-o-M doesn't know where to start... I know I don't. shog[1].gif

Listen Chief.I ask the question cause I'm hoping it will trigger other memories from the Orig.s.You know the way tangents go,you never know where the minds gonna take you..I play the fool,I'm an instigator.Don't get all Lemon on me.

post #9594 of 19158
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankmod View Post

Listen Chief.I ask the question cause I'm hoping it will trigger other memories from the Orig.s.You know the way tangents go,you never know where the minds gonna take you..I play the fool,I'm an instigator.Don't get all Lemon on me.

Hmmm, let's have a look at that jacket again...


Yep, you're right... you play the fool. Chief.
post #9595 of 19158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressure_Drop View Post


Hmmm, let's have a look at that jacket again...

Yep, you're right... you play the fool. Chief.

It's unfortunate you don't understand my motivation.If this conversation descends into "Who's cool and who is not"I'm afraid your all gonna lose that fight.I'm tryin to be supportive.

post #9596 of 19158
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankmod View Post

Question Fellas.The Yids Army,Spurs Crew.I read somewhere that they started as a skinhead crew(and use to get a lot of anti semetic greif,thus the name) Is this true and what did you guys think of a Jewish Skinhead crew?The Yid Army claims to be the crew that exported Bovver to Europe as they were the first in Holland 74'   McDermott,Nice one thanks for dat.Davichan,ever hang at Coney Island High back when?My friend Sean Oliver use to play there.Exuse the dyslexia.
They are called "the Yid Army",because of a large number of Jewish Supporters.It was deemed "Anti-Semetic"to call them Yids-even though a lot of Supporters do not mind the Name.
To any Skinhead Crew,they were just a Mob.As I have said before,West Ham and Spurs` Fans joined together(in the 60s) mainly against Arsenal.
post #9597 of 19158
Quote:
Originally Posted by McDermott View Post



Speaking of leather harringtons, wear mine quite a bit. Very dark brown 60's number..! cheers.gif

Very smart.Still like my Leather "Monkey Jacket"(based on the 60s Design).I believe Ace and Eights mentioned them before. smile.gif
post #9598 of 19158
I'm too lardy for leather gear nowadays... I look like a nasty sofa. shog[1].gif
post #9599 of 19158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Vaughan View Post

I'm too lardy for leather gear nowadays... I look like a nasty sofa. shog[1].gif

biggrin.gif:D
post #9600 of 19158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressure_Drop View Post

Hmmm, let's have a look at that jacket again...

Yep, you're right... you play the fool. Chief.

I thought the Yid army was a name originally used by other teams as a piss take cos Tottenham (the area, not the team) has a huge Jewish community - then was eventually adopted by the Spurs fans.

As for Yank Mod's jacket. You're not a skinhead so I wouldn't want to criticise your dress sense - there's no right or wrong.
As a skinhead jacket, I'd say no. Personally I think its awful but the problem I have with it is its not a 'harrington'. I'm sure if you type in harrington into google images or ebay, all kinds of stuff will come up. A harrington isn't a name for every short zip up jacket with a collar.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Mod to Suedehead