or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Mod to Suedehead
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Mod to Suedehead - Page 566

post #8476 of 19258
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleep or die View Post

I have a question about some Warrior Sta Prest that I just recently bought. These are my first pair of this type of trousers.  I have noticed after wearing them a few times that the places on the pants where they pull the tightest (such as the knees when sitting and the thighs), have actually started to lose their crease. I know that the name implies that they, well...stay pressed, but is this something that DOES happen? If so, is there a way to stop this from happening? I can tell you this, I will not be too happy if I have to get these pressed every few wears haha.

Just don't sit down, biggrin.gif And i'am not joking.
post #8477 of 19258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasttye View Post


Just don't sit down, biggrin.gif And i'am not joking.


I had a feeling haha...

post #8478 of 19258
Picked up the RSG Volume Two DVD(the one with Otis Redding giving his all!!).!Good to see plenty of Cropped Hair Mods, dancing in the Crowd.Well smart-some with Suits,some Smart Casual.I closed my Eyes and I was back in `67.smile.gif
post #8479 of 19258
I've got that on Betamax Col, is a great show, chris fallow and Eric Burdon on top form if I remember correctly. All with the mg's backing them up.......... And phwoar Cathy McGowan.

Might have to dig it out and have a watch.


Just out of interest, is there anything going on in the smoke next Saturday??? I'm working down there on Sunday, so will have Saturday free, it'd b good to catch up, if anythings occurring.



As for sta prest strides, they need more of an iron than most other trousers!!!!
post #8480 of 19258
Quote:
Originally Posted by browniecj View Post


I think you look very "French",M-o-M!!!!biggrin.gif

I guess I'll have to take that as a compliment.
post #8481 of 19258
Quote:
Originally Posted by browniecj View Post

Picked up the RSG Volume Two DVD(the one with Otis Redding giving his all!!).!Good to see plenty of Cropped Hair Mods, dancing in the Crowd.Well smart-some with Suits,some Smart Casual.I closed my Eyes and I was back in `67.smile.gif

Totally slow on the uptake here, Col... RSG is on DVD?????
post #8482 of 19258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man-of-Mystery View Post

Totally slow on the uptake here, Col... RSG is on DVD?????

It is not Kosher,but,in saying that it is a good copy.The first one I had,it had DC5 in between the Episodes-thankfully the second one has not.Could not stand them in the 60s,certainly think less of them now.smile.gif

It is a funny thing about Kathy,Gramps,.They classed her as "Queen of the Mods",but in reality she never was.

Next week you have "99p Soul" at the "Betsy Trotwood",56,Farringdon Road,London E.C.1.It costs 99p to get in!!!See details on Facebook-probably Northern.I know the Pub(they normally have Dos downstairs-but I have not been to this one),it is near Farringdon Street Tube.
post #8483 of 19258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man-of-Mystery View Post

I guess I'll have to take that as a compliment.

mais oui,bien sur(cannot get the funny bit over the top!!!)smile.gif
post #8484 of 19258
Quote:
Originally Posted by browniecj View Post

It is not Kosher,but,in saying that it is a good copy.The first one I had,it had DC5 in between the Episodes-thankfully the second one has not.Could not stand them in the 60s,certainly think less of them now.smile.gif
It is a funny thing about Kathy,Gramps,.They classed her as "Queen of the Mods",but in reality she never was.
Next week you have "99p Soul" at the "Betsy Trotwood",56,Farringdon Road,London E.C.1.It costs 99p to get in!!!See details on Facebook-probably Northern.I know the Pub(they normally have Dos downstairs-but I have not been to this one),it is near Farringdon Street Tube.



Hmmm could be tempted.

I'm staying near tower bridge, so not sure if that's good or bad wink.gif.

I'll,take a look on Facebook now.

Anyone else fancy it???
post #8485 of 19258

I want to just throw something out, I found this part of Style Forum by chance. I googled "traditional skinhead fashion" and found you guys here! I used to post on this forum quite frequently a couple years ago (under a different name) but had kind of forgotten about it. I was quite surprised to find this here. My point is,  I want to let everyone in this thread know that this is honestly THE best skinhead forum/topic,or whatever you want to call it, that I have ever found. Almost every other forum I have found, upon looking, basically turned out to be a bunch of guys going out of their way to be horrible to each other and purposely confuse any "outsider" who comes asking legitimate questions. I can't count the number of forums I have found where anyone who is new to all this or just wants questions about the culture cleared up, are verbally slapped for asking legitimate questions or barraged with nazi propaganda for the exact purpose of confusing them. This is one of the few forums/forum topics that I, as a skinhead, love to read and have no reservations pointing someone with questions to. THANK YOU!

post #8486 of 19258
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleep or die View Post

I want to just throw something out, I found this part of Style Forum by chance. I googled "traditional skinhead fashion" and found you guys here! I used to post on this forum quite frequently a couple years ago (under a different name) but had kind of forgotten about it. I was quite surprised to find this here. My point is,  I want to let everyone in this thread know that this is honestly THE best skinhead forum/topic,or whatever you want to call it, that I have ever found. Almost every other forum I have found, upon looking, basically turned out to be a bunch of guys going out of their way to be horrible to each other and purposely confuse any "outsider" who comes asking legitimate questions. I can't count the number of forums I have found where anyone who is new to all this or just wants questions about the culture cleared up, are verbally slapped for asking legitimate questions or barraged with nazi propaganda for the exact purpose of confusing them. This is one of the few forums/forum topics that I, as a skinhead, love to read and have no reservations pointing someone with questions to. THANK YOU!

Thanks for your kind words mate.
post #8487 of 19258
This site is... the oracle. Anything else... is shit.
Edited by Ed Vaughan - 8/5/12 at 4:58am
post #8488 of 19258

New threads. Thanks to Get Smart (Jason) for coming through.

 

 

It's a petrol blue sharkskin three button, frogmouths on the pants. He did a fine job with nothing more than emailed sizes, and for an unbeatable price.

 

 

1000

 

 

 

just need a bit of a hem, but I usually get pants longer to be safe and added a bit to the measurements I gave him.

1000

 

moves nice and I cant wait to take it on a dancefloor with my girl. A couple of all nighters coming up and Dawn Penn in Oakland in November.

1000

 

 

with docker d1s (in need of an iron after a day at work) and weejuns

1000

 

 


 

 

 

And a new pair of 40+ year old (5 nail, usa made) Florsheim gunboats. Thanks to Roy for the tip to steer clear of Loakes, saved me a bundle.

1000

post #8489 of 19258

On the subject of the Aussie fella that was on the podium with the panthers, the ABC (our version of the Beeb) made a doco about the guy a few years ago. I'll see if I can hunt down some more details. Must admit that in my early to mid twenties  I was obsessed with the black power movement and especially the panthers. Being a wee bit of a commie myself it was only natural I guess.

post #8490 of 19258
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Mod to Suedehead