Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 10:59 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 11:24 pm in Classic Menswear
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Mod to Suedehead - Page 529post #7921 of 213716/14/12 at 11:38am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #7922 of 213716/14/12 at 12:39pmJools Holland: London Calling
Devoted a few minutes to mods etc... but just touched on skinhead style.
Skip through to around 10 minutes from the end.
Edited by Ed Vaughan - 6/14/12 at 12:55pmpost #7923 of 213716/14/12 at 12:44pm
That would be a zighead then , theres a few other clips on youtube of the band circa 75 with lowe wearing boots, jeans with turnups, early weller style haircut, denim jacket etc, its a bit of a wade and most of the tracks are crap, theres a couple of him playing in rockpile still wearing button downs, denim, bout 79 i think, just found it interesting sort of like a link between the period im interested in now and a time when music and fashion came on the radar for me if that makes sense. Thanks for all the welcomespost #7924 of 213716/14/12 at 12:59pmQuote:Hi Mate - good to hear from you.Originally Posted by Basset
Evening one and all, best do a quick intro, Coatesy, skinhead, 45 (nearly), from Bristol, married, 2 kids one 10 the other 12, plasterer, know quite a few members on this thread, Roy,Shep,Will,Noddy and more i suspect.Roy told me about this thread a while back so i thought i'd get me ass in gear and have a look, bloody hell over 500 posts its taking some reading, good stuff and nice to see people sharing info, experiences, and opinions without it descending into the usual slanging matches which seem to happen on various other forums when it comes to clobber. Think thats about it, will try and join in and contribute although my knowledge is limited.
Reading of the characters you obviously know, on here, there's no point in me advising you to stay away from bad company.post #7925 of 213716/14/12 at 1:16pmpost #7926 of 213716/14/12 at 2:31pmpost #7927 of 213716/14/12 at 3:07pmpost #7928 of 213716/14/12 at 6:22pm
Great to see so many original skinhead pics. Not to mention some of people posting here are original skins! Thats something I always wondered about as a skin in the US. What the original skins were really like, and how they dressed etc. Took 20 years but I can finally see now :) gotta love the internet LoL
So did skins really develop from the mod scene? Was it 68-69?post #7929 of 213716/14/12 at 11:09pmQuote:Originally Posted by Jam74
Great to see so many original skinhead pics. Not to mention some of people posting here are original skins! Thats something I always wondered about as a skin in the US. What the original skins were really like, and how they dressed etc. Took 20 years but I can finally see now gotta love the internet LoL
So did skins really develop from the mod scene? Was it 68-69?
It started to develop in `67(we were still Mods)-with the no.4 on top,then progressed through to `69 when the Media called us Skinheads.post #7930 of 213716/15/12 at 12:59amQuote:Originally Posted by harrysgame
Some classic American garments do seem to do up on the oposite side zipper wise. My Mrs bought me one of those American Chopper hoodies for Christmas a few years back. And it had the zipper on the opposite way around. I also had an Alpha Flight Jacket years ago that was like that.
I weren't sure if there was any technical or gender relevance to this zipper thing. Seems it makes no odds.post #7931 of 213716/15/12 at 1:04am
I think I stole it of this forum mate, Any cool pics I find I tend to put in one of my photo folders.
I've read that 'Boys Story' novel, that another photo of that lad apperas on.
It's a wee bit cheesy, but some of the clobber descriptions seem authentic.post #7932 of 213716/15/12 at 10:58pmQuote:
Except that the picture of me is from 1969.post #7933 of 213716/16/12 at 7:42ampost #7934 of 213716/16/12 at 7:22pmpost #7935 of 213716/18/12 at 3:00amQuote:
Hello Basset - Great clip, thanks for posting.
Brownie beat me to it with the Bowie/Skinhead quote, I was gonna say 'Aladdin Braces'.
The following photos are not for the purists with a nervous disposition..........
Jesse Hector (Formerly of 60s bands The Way of Life, The Mod Section and Crushed Butler) Photographed in 1970 fronting the Hammersmith Gorillas. An ex Mod/Skinhead's look, more 'honest' than Slade's attempt I reckon.
Building up a good collection of 'Mods in Front of Caravans' photos, a few more here-http://www.flickr.com/groups/22014941@N00/pool/
Working on a 'Boot Boys'n'Bed and Breakfasts' collection too.
- Mod to Suedehead
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
- › www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page 1 minute ago
- › Australian Members 7 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 13 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 15 minutes ago
- › Why are people willing to pay more for mainstream high fashion... 20 minutes ago
- › Viberg for Styleforum GMTO Pre-orders, Round 2, 2015 - Proposal... 21 minutes ago
- › LAB PAL ZILERI JACKET BLAZER 23 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 24 minutes ago
- › Willing to Buy: Penfield Gibson Rain Jacket Olive Extra Small 24 minutes ago
- › RALPH LAUREN PURPLE LABEL CLASSIC LINEN SPORT SHIRT 28 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...