Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 10:24 am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 10:12 am in Classic Menswear
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Isaia SC/Polo/vintage biker jacket/Spiewak/Incotex/To Boot/Polo (C&J) boots - DROPS Last post on 4/10/11 at 5:58pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/10/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Mod to Suedehead - Page 529post #7921 of 199156/14/12 at 11:38am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #7922 of 199156/14/12 at 12:39pmJools Holland: London Calling
Devoted a few minutes to mods etc... but just touched on skinhead style.
Skip through to around 10 minutes from the end.
Edited by Ed Vaughan - 6/14/12 at 12:55pmpost #7923 of 199156/14/12 at 12:44pm
That would be a zighead then , theres a few other clips on youtube of the band circa 75 with lowe wearing boots, jeans with turnups, early weller style haircut, denim jacket etc, its a bit of a wade and most of the tracks are crap, theres a couple of him playing in rockpile still wearing button downs, denim, bout 79 i think, just found it interesting sort of like a link between the period im interested in now and a time when music and fashion came on the radar for me if that makes sense. Thanks for all the welcomespost #7924 of 199156/14/12 at 12:59pmQuote:Hi Mate - good to hear from you.Originally Posted by Basset
Evening one and all, best do a quick intro, Coatesy, skinhead, 45 (nearly), from Bristol, married, 2 kids one 10 the other 12, plasterer, know quite a few members on this thread, Roy,Shep,Will,Noddy and more i suspect.Roy told me about this thread a while back so i thought i'd get me ass in gear and have a look, bloody hell over 500 posts its taking some reading, good stuff and nice to see people sharing info, experiences, and opinions without it descending into the usual slanging matches which seem to happen on various other forums when it comes to clobber. Think thats about it, will try and join in and contribute although my knowledge is limited.
Reading of the characters you obviously know, on here, there's no point in me advising you to stay away from bad company.post #7925 of 199156/14/12 at 1:16pmpost #7926 of 199156/14/12 at 2:31pmpost #7927 of 199156/14/12 at 3:07pmpost #7928 of 199156/14/12 at 6:22pm
Great to see so many original skinhead pics. Not to mention some of people posting here are original skins! Thats something I always wondered about as a skin in the US. What the original skins were really like, and how they dressed etc. Took 20 years but I can finally see now :) gotta love the internet LoL
So did skins really develop from the mod scene? Was it 68-69?post #7929 of 199156/14/12 at 11:09pmQuote:Originally Posted by Jam74
Great to see so many original skinhead pics. Not to mention some of people posting here are original skins! Thats something I always wondered about as a skin in the US. What the original skins were really like, and how they dressed etc. Took 20 years but I can finally see now gotta love the internet LoL
So did skins really develop from the mod scene? Was it 68-69?
It started to develop in `67(we were still Mods)-with the no.4 on top,then progressed through to `69 when the Media called us Skinheads.post #7930 of 199156/15/12 at 12:59amQuote:Originally Posted by harrysgame
Some classic American garments do seem to do up on the oposite side zipper wise. My Mrs bought me one of those American Chopper hoodies for Christmas a few years back. And it had the zipper on the opposite way around. I also had an Alpha Flight Jacket years ago that was like that.
I weren't sure if there was any technical or gender relevance to this zipper thing. Seems it makes no odds.post #7931 of 199156/15/12 at 1:04am
I think I stole it of this forum mate, Any cool pics I find I tend to put in one of my photo folders.
I've read that 'Boys Story' novel, that another photo of that lad apperas on.
It's a wee bit cheesy, but some of the clobber descriptions seem authentic.post #7932 of 199156/15/12 at 10:58pmQuote:
Except that the picture of me is from 1969.post #7933 of 199156/16/12 at 7:42ampost #7934 of 199156/16/12 at 7:22pmpost #7935 of 199156/18/12 at 3:00amQuote:
Hello Basset - Great clip, thanks for posting.
Brownie beat me to it with the Bowie/Skinhead quote, I was gonna say 'Aladdin Braces'.
The following photos are not for the purists with a nervous disposition..........
Jesse Hector (Formerly of 60s bands The Way of Life, The Mod Section and Crushed Butler) Photographed in 1970 fronting the Hammersmith Gorillas. An ex Mod/Skinhead's look, more 'honest' than Slade's attempt I reckon.
Building up a good collection of 'Mods in Front of Caravans' photos, a few more here-http://www.flickr.com/groups/22014941@N00/pool/
Working on a 'Boot Boys'n'Bed and Breakfasts' collection too.
- Mod to Suedehead
Styleforum Top Picks
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
- › Proper Cloth - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Common Projects Suede derby size 43 1 minute ago
- › NWT Belvest Linen/Wool Jacket Sz 48 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 3 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 4 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments SS15 5 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 5 minutes ago
- › 125k pull-ups in 2015 6 minutes ago
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 7 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY (really Saturday) CHALLENGE: March 28th: 50 Shades of Black Tie 9 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...