im gonna take a punt 66/67
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:54 am in Classic Menswear
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 8:25am in Streetwear and Denim
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: 2/8/16
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...Last edited: 2/8/16
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden FootwearLast edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Mod to Suedehead - Page 521
Styleforum Top Pickspost #7802 of 229715/24/12 at 3:52ampost #7803 of 229715/24/12 at 4:58am
Your right Aussie Sharpies started in the 1920's & lasted till the 60's when the Mod/Skinhead culture replaced it. Like in the TV Series Razor, they started out as street gangs who had to find an alternative too guns & gave rise to the Aussie concept of "Fair Fight". Aussies are a clever bunch even for colonials whats the use of doing ten years for a gun when you can do 6 months for a razor. Besides you don't need guns to kill people any rock will do the job. Since then Aussies have always enjoyed the ideal of fighting with ones fists before anything else, much like pre Americanistaion of western culture. The clothing is only similar because us Aussies are children of UK culture, its just a huge coincedence. Most Sharpies in the 60's & 50's looked alot like Bikers all in Black leather & many Sharpies became bikers. from the 20's through too 40's it was all standard British working class get up because that was the style at the time.
I really hoped this cleared things up, Sharps are the Correct term for Aussies Skins/Mods who are Sharps, Sharpies are something we still pay Homage too so the name belongs to them here.post #7804 of 229715/24/12 at 10:34ampost #7805 of 229715/24/12 at 10:55ampost #7806 of 229715/24/12 at 11:02ampost #7807 of 229715/24/12 at 11:03ampost #7808 of 229715/24/12 at 1:48pmpost #7809 of 229715/24/12 at 1:50pmpost #7810 of 229715/24/12 at 1:51pmpost #7811 of 229715/24/12 at 1:54pmpost #7812 of 229715/24/12 at 1:56pmpost #7813 of 229715/24/12 at 1:57pmpost #7814 of 229715/24/12 at 2:18pmpost #7815 of 229715/24/12 at 2:23pm
- Mod to Suedehead
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 4 minutes ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 4 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part Three 6 minutes ago
- › The Possibly Official Engineered Garments Trading Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Need Help. New member. Long time reader :-) 10 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 10 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 14 minutes ago
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 15 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 16 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?