or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Mod to Suedehead
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Mod to Suedehead - Page 520

post #7786 of 17751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man-of-Mystery View Post

By the way, here's the York crowd. Note the 'signature aviators'.
smile.gif
213
(c) M-o-M

good pic, thanks for sharing

Quote:
Originally Posted by London Rudeboy View Post

Well, I see this thread is still going great guns. Just got home on Friday from an overseas project in Georgia on humanitarian emergency coordination, what a beautiful country, despite the conflicts of recent years.

Anyway, for those of you who still go to ska gigs, Bad Manners are playing The Junction in Cambridge on 7th June.   

thought you'd disappeared again!
post #7787 of 17751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Smart View Post

 

 

thought you'd disappeared again!

No, it's my job,  I travel a lot & when I'm overseas on a project, mission or exercise for my govt agency I don't have much time for social media. Also  our SAS (Security Advice Service) officers recommend that we don't fanny around too much on facebook and so on.  Hence, my long absences from certain forums but not others, also the title of this thread could be misconstrued if someone saw it over my shoulder. And the thing is, sitting in a base camp with a few dozen others in close proximity that was always a possibility, so I didn't take the chance. 

 

On the security issue we were all ordered to shut down our Facebook accounts prior to the job we've just returned from.  I was on a security job in South Africa in 2010 & the same tight security rules applied for us there.

 

I'm going back to Georgia in September for a large civil-military EADRCC disaster exercise. I'm expecting Georgia will be pretty bleedin' cold in September, brrrr..... 

 

I'll be on this exercise as Distaff http://www.nato.int/eadrcc/2012/09-georgia/index.html

 

At the end of June I've got a 2 week VIP security assignment in Sweden, so again that'll be internet down time as well. 

post #7788 of 17751
Quote:
Originally Posted by buttons View Post


Bunty, Man O' Mystery (hence the disguise!), Little Queenie, Bob, Gramps, Buttons, Brownie CJ.
Canny day out - cheers lads.
Shame you couldn't have all stayed over as there was so much that never got mentioned. Interesting crack though.
Hopefully see a few more next time.
Buttons

 

Buttons - thanks for the reply - what a 'motley crew' - Pleased to have met you all by photo at least - A&E

post #7789 of 17751
Quote:
Originally Posted by London Rudeboy View Post

No, it's my job,  I travel a lot & when I'm overseas on a project, mission or exercise for my govt agency I don't have much time for social media. Also  our SAS (Security Advice Service) officers recommend that we don't fanny around too much on facebook and so on.  Hence, my long absences from certain forums but not others, also the title of this thread could be misconstrued if someone saw it over my shoulder. And the thing is, sitting in a base camp with a few dozen others in close proximity that was always a possibility, so I didn't take the chance. 

On the security issue we were all ordered to shut down our Facebook accounts prior to the job we've just returned from.  I was on a security job in South Africa in 2010 & the same tight security rules applied for us there.

I'm going back to Georgia in September for a large civil-military EADRCC disaster exercise. I'm expecting Georgia will be pretty bleedin' cold in September, brrrr..... 

I'll be on this exercise as Distaff http://www.nato.int/eadrcc/2012/09-georgia/index.html

At the end of June I've got a 2 week VIP security assignment in Sweden, so again that'll be internet down time as well. 

Got some catching up to do then!smile.gif
post #7790 of 17751
Nice to meet up again, a great day out thanks everyone. You're right Buttons, there's so much more to talk about (although Brownie and myself had a bloody good go on the journey, cheers Colin biggrin.gif)


More late 60s Mods and their caravans.........
365
Some of the Newcastle scooter crowd in 1968

http://www.readysteadygone.co.uk/blog/

Erm....this isn't very relevant but it's interesting nevertheless, nice strides.... http://catwalkthreads.wordpress.com/2012/04/17/cashmere-the-modernists-1968/

Correspondent shoes anyone?
post #7791 of 17751

Great Pic Bunty.

 

Can I just say, you look much better in the flesh than your avatar Old bean ;)

post #7792 of 17751
Thing is Gramps, Jack got all the tasty clippies ! Nice meeting you mate.
post #7793 of 17751
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunty View Post

Nice to meet up again, a great day out thanks everyone. You're right Buttons, there's so much more to talk about (although Brownie and myself had a bloody good go on the journey, cheers Colin biggrin.gif)
More late 60s Mods and their caravans.........
365
Some of the Newcastle scooter crowd in 1968
http://www.readysteadygone.co.uk/blog/
Erm....this isn't very relevant but it's interesting nevertheless, nice strides.... http://catwalkthreads.wordpress.com/2012/04/17/cashmere-the-modernists-1968/
Correspondent shoes anyone?

Good Photo Mate.Brushed back Hair in `68?
post #7794 of 17751
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunty View Post

Nice to meet up again, a great day out thanks everyone. You're right Buttons, there's so much more to talk about (although Brownie and myself had a bloody good go on the journey, cheers Colin biggrin.gif)
More late 60s Mods and their caravans.........
365
Some of the Newcastle scooter crowd in 1968
http://www.readysteadygone.co.uk/blog/
Erm....this isn't very relevant but it's interesting nevertheless, nice strides.... http://catwalkthreads.wordpress.com/2012/04/17/cashmere-the-modernists-1968/
Correspondent shoes anyone?

Interesting site, Bunty. My mam and dad used to frequent the Biz Bar and the Club A'Gogo.
post #7795 of 17751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Smart View Post


good pic, thanks for sharing
thought you'd disappeared again!

you look a proper firm all the best AL

post #7796 of 17751
Caption says- Chris Porsz, the mod in Cathedral Square, Peterborough approximately 1971


339

I wouldn't have said '71. Going on the abundance of scooters, the infamous Army greatcoat and boots, earlier I'd reckon? Any takers?
post #7797 of 17751
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunty View Post

Caption says- Chris Porsz, the mod in Cathedral Square, Peterborough approximately 1971
339
I wouldn't have said '71. Going on the abundance of scooters, the infamous Army greatcoat and boots, earlier I'd reckon? Any takers?

Peterborough is one of those Places that could have been later,than the recognised norm.smile.gif
post #7798 of 17751
Quote:
Originally Posted by circustavern777 View Post

you look a proper firm all the best AL

smile.gif
post #7799 of 17751

The Liptones, playing in my home town on Friday!  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiiTCD0UBc0&feature=related      Time to skank!

post #7800 of 17751
Quote:
Originally Posted by London Rudeboy View Post

The Liptones, playing in my home town on Friday!  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiiTCD0UBc0&feature=related      Time to skank!

A touch of Quincy Jones there-as well.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Mod to Suedehead