or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Mod to Suedehead
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Mod to Suedehead - Page 452

post #6766 of 18731
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasttye View Post

I would say 73/74, Looking at the posters of Bowie in the background, smile.gif I would say they are Northerners, maybe Scotland? Shirt looks like a Brutus BD, The trousers are British Army Cross over belt OGs, must say a strange mix.
Their is a Bay City Roller look about the Lad also.biggrin.gif

It's actually from early 1976. It's pre-punk, as punk only came along later that year, so I suppose it wouldn't be that different from what would be going on in 74...
Underneath it says:
Teenagers – February 1976

I took this photograph in February 1976. On the left is my sister Debbie, in the middle is her friend Janet and on the right is my friend Chris, who is dressed in freshly polished Dr Marten boots and a Ben Sherman shirt.
© photo by Paul Wright

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24960307@N05/6669113599/in/photostream/

There are other interesting pics of mid 70's bootboys on this guy's flickr page. It's the same guy who took that pic of the silver Dr. Martens wearing football suporter.
Notice I said "interesting", not good looking in any way.
post #6767 of 18731
Some fashion disasters, here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/57986580@N02/5334501760/in/set-72157626647773301/

satisfied.gif
post #6768 of 18731
Quote:
Originally Posted by PxC View Post

It's actually from early 1976. It's pre-punk, as punk only came along later that year, so I suppose it wouldn't be that different from what would be going on in 74...
Underneath it says:
Teenagers – February 1976
I took this photograph in February 1976. On the left is my sister Debbie, in the middle is her friend Janet and on the right is my friend Chris, who is dressed in freshly polished Dr Marten boots and a Ben Sherman shirt.
© photo by Paul Wright

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24960307@N05/6669113599/in/photostream/
There are other interesting pics of mid 70's bootboys on this guy's flickr page. It's the same guy who took that pic of the silver Dr. Martens wearing football suporter.
Notice I said "interesting", not good looking in any way.

Where do they come from PxC ?
post #6769 of 18731
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasttye View Post

Where do they come from PxC ?

This "Paul Wright" fella from the flickr thing I linked took them all in London I suppose. That's what it says at least.
post #6770 of 18731
Quote:
Originally Posted by PxC View Post

This "Paul Wright" fella from the flickr thing I linked took them all in London I suppose. That's what it says at least.

,biggrin.gif,biggrin.gif,biggrin.gif,biggrin.gif.
post #6771 of 18731
Quote:
Originally Posted by PxC View Post

This "Paul Wright" fella from the flickr thing I linked took them all in London I suppose. That's what it says at least.

Roy,did you see anyone dressed like that(in London?),because I cannot say I did.

Ed,that is a diabolical Photo,of the Stretford End Boys-they look like Farm Labourers!!biggrin.gif
post #6772 of 18731
Quote:
Originally Posted by browniecj View Post

Roy,did you see anyone dressed like that(in London?),because I cannot say I did.
Ed,that is a diabolical Photo,of the Stretford End Boys-they look like Farm Labourers!!biggrin.gif

No fcuking way are they Londoners Colin, If you went up the Kings Road Chelsea in 76 you would have seen Punk Rockers all over the Place, biggrin.gif
post #6773 of 18731
Quote:
Originally Posted by PxC View Post

This "Paul Wright" fella from the flickr thing I linked took them all in London I suppose. That's what it says at least.

I see he has a Newspaper Cutting of Chelsea v Leeds in `72(in Flickr).Do not remember seeing Youngsters dressing like that(mixing Ben Shermans etc.in `76).Thought it was Patterned Shirts.smile.gif
post #6774 of 18731
Coomputer playing up tonight-sorry if I have repeated myself smile.gif
post #6775 of 18731
and my spelling as well!!!!!!icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #6776 of 18731
Quote:
Originally Posted by browniecj View Post

I see he has a Newspaper Cutting of Chelsea v Leeds in `72(in Flickr).Do not remember seeing Youngsters dressing like that(mixing Ben Shermans etc.in `76).Thought it was Patterned Shirts.smile.gif

The trouble with photos they do not tell the whole story, Try too get a checked Ben Sherman in 76 London.. you would have had trouble finding one, in saying that their was a shop in The Aldwych that sold Bennie,s well into the 90s, However no LondonTeenager would wear one in 76, unless they just came out of Prison after Six years stretch,biggrin.gif
post #6777 of 18731
Quote:
Originally Posted by London Rudeboy View Post

Well I'm being called a liar here left,right and centre. So fuck it! I'm not going to keep on explaining to people who seem to think they had every corner of London covered!  Harry you must have been fucking busy keeping tabs on every gang of young teenagers in West London!   

I have spoken to loads of original London Skinheads through the years and the common thought is that after 1971 tops there were no Skinheads left in London, most would say 1970. Unless you are including Suedehead and Bootboy ect into the mix. But these wern't Skinheads. Id be interested in seeing some pictures of you in 1974 to see what you class as Skinhead.
If it was just you who was a Skinhead still i could maybe understand it. But you say there were different gangs of Skinheads still around in 1974. Unusual how there is absolutely no photographic evidence to support your claims. By 1974, Skinheads were just a distant memory in London, little if any Skinhead clothing was being worn at all by then.

Like i said it was different in different parts of the country. But unless i see evidence id find it hard to believe your claims of Skinheads in London in 1974.

So how about you support what your saying with some photographic evidence. Has anyone ever seen a photograph of a Skinhead in London in 1974? Anyone got a photograph to support these claims? I doubt it very much.

You are only one year older than me by the way, my family was from London. I have been a Skinhead for over 30 years and believe me i know my Skinhead history.
post #6778 of 18731
Just to add. If London Rudeboy (i always thought Rudeboys were black. lol) is correct and there were Skinhead Gangs around London in 1974 then it will change the whole course of Skinhead History as we know it. So hold that book. rolleyes.gif
post #6779 of 18731
Quote:
Originally Posted by browniecj View Post

Roy,did you see anyone dressed like that(in London?),because I cannot say I did.
Ed,that is a diabolical Photo,of the Stretford End Boys-they look like Farm Labourers!!:D
Dire, isn't it? shog[1].gif

Apologies for all the other 'off-topic' pics on the link, I couldn't pull the relevant ones from Flickr. baldy[1].gif
post #6780 of 18731
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Vaughan View Post

Dire, isn't it? shog[1].gif
Apologies for all the other 'off-topic' pics on the link, I couldn't pull the relevant ones from Flickr. baldy[1].gif

It is dire and so are some of the comments from the fucking idiots who feel obliged to make some statement. Their comments disclose a breathtaking lack of knowledge of the history of fashion.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Mod to Suedehead