When we was Teenagers this was not a problem,
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:51 pm in Classic Menswear
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Isaia SC/Polo/vintage biker jacket/Spiewak/Incotex/To Boot/Polo (C&J) boots - DROPS Last post on 4/10/11 at 5:58pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Recent non-Sartorialist Looks Last post on 2/23/15 at 4:28pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Mod to Suedehead - Page 434post #6496 of 197313/16/12 at 11:11am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #6497 of 197313/16/12 at 11:42ampost #6498 of 197313/16/12 at 11:42ampost #6499 of 197313/16/12 at 11:43amQuote:Originally Posted by Get Smart
this is my one suit with multiple ticket pockets, 2 on one side, 1 on the other. the flaps are shorter than main pocket so it looks more balanced, having those extra pockets. also they overlap one another to keep them from going up too high onto the chest. it's my own interpretation of the "skinhead" suit, not completely "authentic' but works better for me aesthetically
Looking good there my man. Very nice. Bottom button undone, very correct! Nice fit. Nice loafers. There's only one detail I don't like, as I mentioned before, the ticket pocket on the left hand side. Other than that, well done mate.
post #6500 of 197313/16/12 at 12:02pmQuote:
Maybe '67 and more mod-based, but my era, '69 on... definitely just the single.
I even remember what a bugger it was to get a blazer with just a single... ended up having to go to Edinburgh and buy one from a shop off Princess Street. (I'd forgotten that.)
Also just remembered that I used to buy OTP suits from Justins - Market Centre (Manchester) - and even here: http://www.stone-dri.com/about/
usually evaprest and the like. Decent macs, too - and various bits and pieces.
Stone-dri was an odd one, it was sort of 'old' gear, but stocked a fair bit of good skinhead clobber like Harringtons and DMs and 'Crombies'..
Just googled the name, and there it was.
As an aside, does anyone remember the 'loafers' Timpsons sold - or even better... have a pic of them?
I recall they had a sort of buckle... or it could be the dementia kicking in...............
Edited by Ed Vaughan - 3/16/12 at 12:42pmpost #6501 of 197313/16/12 at 1:03pmpost #6502 of 197313/16/12 at 1:10pmpost #6503 of 197313/16/12 at 1:10pmQuote:
Looking Smart,Mate.post #6504 of 197313/16/12 at 1:21pmpost #6505 of 197313/16/12 at 1:25pmpost #6506 of 197313/16/12 at 1:59pmpost #6507 of 197313/16/12 at 2:00pmpost #6508 of 197313/16/12 at 2:02pmpost #6509 of 197313/16/12 at 2:13pmRoy what is that tie pin you've got for your hanky?
gotta say the one detail I always apreciate about your photos is that you're one of the few english gents (at least in pics I see) that uses a real hankie in his breast pocket, as opposed to the carded kind which I always thought was akin to wearing a clip on tie.
and generally speaking I also prefer a more traditional suit, with the single ticket pocket.post #6510 of 197313/16/12 at 2:17pm
- Mod to Suedehead
Styleforum Top Picks
- What I Learned from Slim Denim
Currently, there are 1335 Active Users (228 Members and 1107 Guests)
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 4 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 7 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 9 minutes ago
- › Suit Addict 10 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 15 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 16 minutes ago
- › What music are you listening to lately? 19 minutes ago
- › Alligator / Crocodile Shoes 20 minutes ago
- › Guidi chelsea boot, white, 44 21 minutes ago
- › Watch Live©®®>~ Northern Iowa vs Wichita St Live NCAA Basketball 21 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...
- › Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?
- › Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get Blogged
- › What it Means to be Made in Italy
- › How to Smell Fabulous in Florence (and Beyond)
- › The Current State of Americana
- › The Styleforum Brief: February 2015
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...