When we was Teenagers this was not a problem,
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 9:28 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 8:25am in Streetwear and Denim
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Mod to Suedehead - Page 434post #6496 of 240773/16/12 at 11:11ampost #6497 of 240773/16/12 at 11:42ampost #6498 of 240773/16/12 at 11:42ampost #6499 of 240773/16/12 at 11:43amQuote:Originally Posted by Get Smart
this is my one suit with multiple ticket pockets, 2 on one side, 1 on the other. the flaps are shorter than main pocket so it looks more balanced, having those extra pockets. also they overlap one another to keep them from going up too high onto the chest. it's my own interpretation of the "skinhead" suit, not completely "authentic' but works better for me aesthetically
Looking good there my man. Very nice. Bottom button undone, very correct! Nice fit. Nice loafers. There's only one detail I don't like, as I mentioned before, the ticket pocket on the left hand side. Other than that, well done mate.
post #6500 of 240773/16/12 at 12:02pmQuote:
Maybe '67 and more mod-based, but my era, '69 on... definitely just the single.
I even remember what a bugger it was to get a blazer with just a single... ended up having to go to Edinburgh and buy one from a shop off Princess Street. (I'd forgotten that.)
Also just remembered that I used to buy OTP suits from Justins - Market Centre (Manchester) - and even here: http://www.stone-dri.com/about/
usually evaprest and the like. Decent macs, too - and various bits and pieces.
Stone-dri was an odd one, it was sort of 'old' gear, but stocked a fair bit of good skinhead clobber like Harringtons and DMs and 'Crombies'..
Just googled the name, and there it was.
As an aside, does anyone remember the 'loafers' Timpsons sold - or even better... have a pic of them?
I recall they had a sort of buckle... or it could be the dementia kicking in...............
Edited by Ed Vaughan - 3/16/12 at 12:42pmpost #6501 of 240773/16/12 at 1:03pmpost #6502 of 240773/16/12 at 1:10pmpost #6503 of 240773/16/12 at 1:10pmQuote:
Looking Smart,Mate.post #6504 of 240773/16/12 at 1:21pmpost #6505 of 240773/16/12 at 1:25pmpost #6506 of 240773/16/12 at 1:59pmpost #6507 of 240773/16/12 at 2:00pmpost #6508 of 240773/16/12 at 2:02pmpost #6509 of 240773/16/12 at 2:13pmRoy what is that tie pin you've got for your hanky?
gotta say the one detail I always apreciate about your photos is that you're one of the few english gents (at least in pics I see) that uses a real hankie in his breast pocket, as opposed to the carded kind which I always thought was akin to wearing a clip on tie.
and generally speaking I also prefer a more traditional suit, with the single ticket pocket.post #6510 of 240773/16/12 at 2:17pm
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
Currently, there are 935 Active Users (124 Members and 811 Guests)
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 7 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 9 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 10 minutes ago
- › OAMC - Over All Master Cloth - Discussion Thread 10 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 11 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 19 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 23 minutes ago
- › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 30 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 37 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 39 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding