When we was Teenagers this was not a problem,
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 11:04 am in Classic Menswear
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 8:25am in Streetwear and Denim
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Mod to Suedehead - Page 434post #6496 of 235523/16/12 at 11:11ampost #6497 of 235523/16/12 at 11:42ampost #6498 of 235523/16/12 at 11:42ampost #6499 of 235523/16/12 at 11:43amQuote:Originally Posted by Get Smart
this is my one suit with multiple ticket pockets, 2 on one side, 1 on the other. the flaps are shorter than main pocket so it looks more balanced, having those extra pockets. also they overlap one another to keep them from going up too high onto the chest. it's my own interpretation of the "skinhead" suit, not completely "authentic' but works better for me aesthetically
Looking good there my man. Very nice. Bottom button undone, very correct! Nice fit. Nice loafers. There's only one detail I don't like, as I mentioned before, the ticket pocket on the left hand side. Other than that, well done mate.
post #6500 of 235523/16/12 at 12:02pmQuote:
Maybe '67 and more mod-based, but my era, '69 on... definitely just the single.
I even remember what a bugger it was to get a blazer with just a single... ended up having to go to Edinburgh and buy one from a shop off Princess Street. (I'd forgotten that.)
Also just remembered that I used to buy OTP suits from Justins - Market Centre (Manchester) - and even here: http://www.stone-dri.com/about/
usually evaprest and the like. Decent macs, too - and various bits and pieces.
Stone-dri was an odd one, it was sort of 'old' gear, but stocked a fair bit of good skinhead clobber like Harringtons and DMs and 'Crombies'..
Just googled the name, and there it was.
As an aside, does anyone remember the 'loafers' Timpsons sold - or even better... have a pic of them?
I recall they had a sort of buckle... or it could be the dementia kicking in...............
Edited by Ed Vaughan - 3/16/12 at 12:42pmpost #6501 of 235523/16/12 at 1:03pmpost #6502 of 235523/16/12 at 1:10pmpost #6503 of 235523/16/12 at 1:10pmQuote:
Looking Smart,Mate.post #6504 of 235523/16/12 at 1:21pmpost #6505 of 235523/16/12 at 1:25pmpost #6506 of 235523/16/12 at 1:59pmpost #6507 of 235523/16/12 at 2:00pmpost #6508 of 235523/16/12 at 2:02pmpost #6509 of 235523/16/12 at 2:13pmRoy what is that tie pin you've got for your hanky?
gotta say the one detail I always apreciate about your photos is that you're one of the few english gents (at least in pics I see) that uses a real hankie in his breast pocket, as opposed to the carded kind which I always thought was akin to wearing a clip on tie.
and generally speaking I also prefer a more traditional suit, with the single ticket pocket.post #6510 of 235523/16/12 at 2:17pm
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
Currently, there are 1512 Active Users (280 Members and 1232 Guests)
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 1 minute ago
- › WTF over-zealous police? 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 5 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 11 minutes ago
- › The Toronto For Sale Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 12 minutes ago
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 12 minutes ago
- › Cigars 14 minutes ago
- › Sold: Alden X Brick and Mortar Snuff Suede Wingtip Boot 11D 15 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 15 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding