When we was Teenagers this was not a problem,
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:23 am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 12:30 am in Classic Menswear
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Isaia SC/Polo/vintage biker jacket/Spiewak/Incotex/To Boot/Polo (C&J) boots - DROPS Last post on 4/10/11 at 5:58pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Mod to Suedehead - Page 434post #6496 of 200613/16/12 at 11:11am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #6497 of 200613/16/12 at 11:42ampost #6498 of 200613/16/12 at 11:42ampost #6499 of 200613/16/12 at 11:43amQuote:Originally Posted by Get Smart
this is my one suit with multiple ticket pockets, 2 on one side, 1 on the other. the flaps are shorter than main pocket so it looks more balanced, having those extra pockets. also they overlap one another to keep them from going up too high onto the chest. it's my own interpretation of the "skinhead" suit, not completely "authentic' but works better for me aesthetically
Looking good there my man. Very nice. Bottom button undone, very correct! Nice fit. Nice loafers. There's only one detail I don't like, as I mentioned before, the ticket pocket on the left hand side. Other than that, well done mate.
post #6500 of 200613/16/12 at 12:02pmQuote:
Maybe '67 and more mod-based, but my era, '69 on... definitely just the single.
I even remember what a bugger it was to get a blazer with just a single... ended up having to go to Edinburgh and buy one from a shop off Princess Street. (I'd forgotten that.)
Also just remembered that I used to buy OTP suits from Justins - Market Centre (Manchester) - and even here: http://www.stone-dri.com/about/
usually evaprest and the like. Decent macs, too - and various bits and pieces.
Stone-dri was an odd one, it was sort of 'old' gear, but stocked a fair bit of good skinhead clobber like Harringtons and DMs and 'Crombies'..
Just googled the name, and there it was.
As an aside, does anyone remember the 'loafers' Timpsons sold - or even better... have a pic of them?
I recall they had a sort of buckle... or it could be the dementia kicking in...............
Edited by Ed Vaughan - 3/16/12 at 12:42pmpost #6501 of 200613/16/12 at 1:03pmpost #6502 of 200613/16/12 at 1:10pmpost #6503 of 200613/16/12 at 1:10pmQuote:
Looking Smart,Mate.post #6504 of 200613/16/12 at 1:21pmpost #6505 of 200613/16/12 at 1:25pmpost #6506 of 200613/16/12 at 1:59pmpost #6507 of 200613/16/12 at 2:00pmpost #6508 of 200613/16/12 at 2:02pmpost #6509 of 200613/16/12 at 2:13pmRoy what is that tie pin you've got for your hanky?
gotta say the one detail I always apreciate about your photos is that you're one of the few english gents (at least in pics I see) that uses a real hankie in his breast pocket, as opposed to the carded kind which I always thought was akin to wearing a clip on tie.
and generally speaking I also prefer a more traditional suit, with the single ticket pocket.post #6510 of 200613/16/12 at 2:17pm
- Mod to Suedehead
Styleforum Top Picks
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Currently, there are 1793 Active Users (436 Members and 1357 Guests)
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 2 seconds ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 8 seconds ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 1 minute ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 1 minute ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Drake's London Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine 5 minutes ago
- › Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit... 5 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Caliber India Varsity Letterman Jackets and...
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan