Maybe thats why its a bit quite on here.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:10 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 6:44 pm in Classic Menswear
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Isaia SC/Polo/vintage biker jacket/Spiewak/Incotex/To Boot/Polo (C&J) boots - DROPS Last post on 4/10/11 at 5:58pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/10/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Mod to Suedehead - Page 355post #5311 of 199092/1/12 at 10:12am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #5312 of 199092/1/12 at 10:48amQuote:Originally Posted by Lasttye
I know this photo has been on here before, But for interest sake, I have found out from my mate Colin ..this group of teenagers are standing outside the Red Lion Pub Borehamwood 1969, Now a Mc Donalds. Colin's Brother Brian Marshall is in the pic ...he is the fair lad two behind the dark haired Girl.
Borehamwood is just outside NW London... had a massive Skinhead crew in the 60s, they would often come to blows with the Burnt Oak Mob,
That girl on the left seems like a looker. It's a slow day at work so I looked that place up on Google Maps. We don't have McDonald's that look that nice in the States.post #5313 of 199092/1/12 at 10:55amQuote:
Those two girls are typical of what was worn during the week, Weekends, Saturday night the suits would come out.
As it happens Colin who's Brother is in the Photo is gonna take a pic present day, photo will put it up when i get it.
Just to update this is the Red Lion Pub today a Mc Donalds,
Edited by Lasttye - 2/1/12 at 11:23ampost #5314 of 199092/1/12 at 11:27amThis was also a famous 60s/70s early Skinhead haunt, Then and now... The Chelsea Drug Store Kings Road London, now a Mc Donalds,
If you look at the early pic.. on the corner of the building is the entrance down stair's to where the disco would have been.
Edited by Lasttye - 2/1/12 at 11:45ampost #5315 of 199092/1/12 at 11:33ampost #5316 of 199092/1/12 at 11:38ampost #5317 of 199092/1/12 at 11:48ampost #5318 of 199092/1/12 at 11:48ampost #5319 of 199092/1/12 at 12:07pm
Not great but might be of interest, both short ITN news clips from 1970 which I hadn't seen before:post #5320 of 199092/1/12 at 12:17pmpost #5321 of 199092/1/12 at 12:20pmpost #5322 of 199092/1/12 at 12:39pmQuote:
Very Interesting Paul, Paki Bashing got so bad that in April 1970 The Pakistani High Commissioner called in the then Home Secretary James Callaghan that the violence against Pakistanis by Skinheads was damaging relations between the two Countries.
That clip was in Wolverhampton where they had a large Asian population even back then, Same as parts of the London East End where Paki Bashing was also carried out. I have to say around my part of NW London it was not widespread , but it did go on. Like Queer bashing a rotten awful thing to do...but it was then and part of British history.
Edited by Lasttye - 2/1/12 at 1:21pmpost #5323 of 199092/1/12 at 12:46pmQuote:
next thing you know the 100 Club will be turned into a McDonalds
you sure those are Hare Krishnas in that other photo and not skinheads coming out from a spa visit and massage??post #5324 of 199092/1/12 at 12:52pm
- Mod to Suedehead
Styleforum Top Picks
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Currently, there are 962 Active Users (164 Members and 798 Guests)
- › Antonio Meccariello Shoes 6 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 8 minutes ago
- › Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion 8 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 15 minutes ago
- › Bespoke OXXFORD Navy Pinstripe Wool Suit 38S - Superfine Material 17 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 18 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 21 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 27 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 30 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 32 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...