Maybe thats why its a bit quite on here.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:30 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 2:32 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Mod to Suedehead - Page 355post #5311 of 206652/1/12 at 10:12am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #5312 of 206652/1/12 at 10:48amQuote:Originally Posted by Lasttye
I know this photo has been on here before, But for interest sake, I have found out from my mate Colin ..this group of teenagers are standing outside the Red Lion Pub Borehamwood 1969, Now a Mc Donalds. Colin's Brother Brian Marshall is in the pic ...he is the fair lad two behind the dark haired Girl.
Borehamwood is just outside NW London... had a massive Skinhead crew in the 60s, they would often come to blows with the Burnt Oak Mob,
That girl on the left seems like a looker. It's a slow day at work so I looked that place up on Google Maps. We don't have McDonald's that look that nice in the States.post #5313 of 206652/1/12 at 10:55amQuote:
Those two girls are typical of what was worn during the week, Weekends, Saturday night the suits would come out.
As it happens Colin who's Brother is in the Photo is gonna take a pic present day, photo will put it up when i get it.
Just to update this is the Red Lion Pub today a Mc Donalds,
Edited by Lasttye - 2/1/12 at 11:23ampost #5314 of 206652/1/12 at 11:27amThis was also a famous 60s/70s early Skinhead haunt, Then and now... The Chelsea Drug Store Kings Road London, now a Mc Donalds,
If you look at the early pic.. on the corner of the building is the entrance down stair's to where the disco would have been.
Edited by Lasttye - 2/1/12 at 11:45ampost #5315 of 206652/1/12 at 11:33ampost #5316 of 206652/1/12 at 11:38ampost #5317 of 206652/1/12 at 11:48ampost #5318 of 206652/1/12 at 11:48ampost #5319 of 206652/1/12 at 12:07pm
Not great but might be of interest, both short ITN news clips from 1970 which I hadn't seen before:post #5320 of 206652/1/12 at 12:17pmpost #5321 of 206652/1/12 at 12:20pmpost #5322 of 206652/1/12 at 12:39pmQuote:
Very Interesting Paul, Paki Bashing got so bad that in April 1970 The Pakistani High Commissioner called in the then Home Secretary James Callaghan that the violence against Pakistanis by Skinheads was damaging relations between the two Countries.
That clip was in Wolverhampton where they had a large Asian population even back then, Same as parts of the London East End where Paki Bashing was also carried out. I have to say around my part of NW London it was not widespread , but it did go on. Like Queer bashing a rotten awful thing to do...but it was then and part of British history.
Edited by Lasttye - 2/1/12 at 1:21pmpost #5323 of 206652/1/12 at 12:46pmQuote:
next thing you know the 100 Club will be turned into a McDonalds
you sure those are Hare Krishnas in that other photo and not skinheads coming out from a spa visit and massage??post #5324 of 206652/1/12 at 12:52pm
- Mod to Suedehead
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Currently, there are 1560 Active Users (355 Members and 1205 Guests)
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 14 seconds ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 1 minute ago
- › What one fashion item helps you stand out? 3 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling St James II Cedar/Kudu GMTO 3 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions 5 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 5 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 5 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 5 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan