Maybe thats why its a bit quite on here.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 11:58 am in Classic Menswear
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on Today at 7:13 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Mod to Suedehead - Page 355post #5311 of 215512/1/12 at 10:12am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #5312 of 215512/1/12 at 10:48amQuote:Originally Posted by Lasttye
I know this photo has been on here before, But for interest sake, I have found out from my mate Colin ..this group of teenagers are standing outside the Red Lion Pub Borehamwood 1969, Now a Mc Donalds. Colin's Brother Brian Marshall is in the pic ...he is the fair lad two behind the dark haired Girl.
Borehamwood is just outside NW London... had a massive Skinhead crew in the 60s, they would often come to blows with the Burnt Oak Mob,
That girl on the left seems like a looker. It's a slow day at work so I looked that place up on Google Maps. We don't have McDonald's that look that nice in the States.post #5313 of 215512/1/12 at 10:55amQuote:
Those two girls are typical of what was worn during the week, Weekends, Saturday night the suits would come out.
As it happens Colin who's Brother is in the Photo is gonna take a pic present day, photo will put it up when i get it.
Just to update this is the Red Lion Pub today a Mc Donalds,
Edited by Lasttye - 2/1/12 at 11:23ampost #5314 of 215512/1/12 at 11:27amThis was also a famous 60s/70s early Skinhead haunt, Then and now... The Chelsea Drug Store Kings Road London, now a Mc Donalds,
If you look at the early pic.. on the corner of the building is the entrance down stair's to where the disco would have been.
Edited by Lasttye - 2/1/12 at 11:45ampost #5315 of 215512/1/12 at 11:33ampost #5316 of 215512/1/12 at 11:38ampost #5317 of 215512/1/12 at 11:48ampost #5318 of 215512/1/12 at 11:48ampost #5319 of 215512/1/12 at 12:07pm
Not great but might be of interest, both short ITN news clips from 1970 which I hadn't seen before:post #5320 of 215512/1/12 at 12:17pmpost #5321 of 215512/1/12 at 12:20pmpost #5322 of 215512/1/12 at 12:39pmQuote:
Very Interesting Paul, Paki Bashing got so bad that in April 1970 The Pakistani High Commissioner called in the then Home Secretary James Callaghan that the violence against Pakistanis by Skinheads was damaging relations between the two Countries.
That clip was in Wolverhampton where they had a large Asian population even back then, Same as parts of the London East End where Paki Bashing was also carried out. I have to say around my part of NW London it was not widespread , but it did go on. Like Queer bashing a rotten awful thing to do...but it was then and part of British history.
Edited by Lasttye - 2/1/12 at 1:21pmpost #5323 of 215512/1/12 at 12:46pmQuote:
next thing you know the 100 Club will be turned into a McDonalds
you sure those are Hare Krishnas in that other photo and not skinheads coming out from a spa visit and massage??post #5324 of 215512/1/12 at 12:52pm
- Mod to Suedehead
Styleforum Top Picks
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
Currently, there are 1470 Active Users (345 Members and 1125 Guests)
- › Viberg Boots 34 seconds ago
- › NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71... 1 minute ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 4 minutes ago
- › Motorcycles 5 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 5 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Henry Carter Neckwear & Accessories: Official affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › Monitaly for Styleforum - the Darkseid collection, PREORDER NOW 6 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 8 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...