Would do Roy, But i think the internet is a bit of a no-go for him...ill ask him and see
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:24 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 8:25am in Streetwear and Denim
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: 2/8/16
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...Last edited: 2/8/16
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden FootwearLast edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Mod to Suedehead - Page 344
Styleforum Top Pickspost #5147 of 229421/11/12 at 3:17pmpost #5148 of 229421/11/12 at 5:19pmQuote:Originally Posted by Man-of-Mystery
Interesting pic, Bunty. The guy on the extreme left shows exactly how ties were knotted in my (uh) neck of the woods* too in '68. I had a pair of those bloody silly square shades in '67 before adopting my signature aviators. The other guy in shades shows the 'mod' take on turn-ups.
These guys are typical of the lads who used to come down from Glasgow to Blackpool for 'Glasgow Fortnight'.
*By 'my neck of the woods' in that context I mean S E London. Back in Blackpool, where I had just left, ties were worn with quite a big knot, but fastened right up to the neck.Quote:Originally Posted by bunty
Photo and text posted on 'The Mod Generation' website by Charles Murphy
'The cool dude with the square shades on is our Fitzy's big brother Edward, this one of the photos from the legendary "Frankie Vaughan And The Easterhouse Gangs" video in '68. They were called "The West Rebels" A cracking photo.'
Nice find bunty!
White t-shirts and slipovers, Colin/Browniecj said it before, but first time i've seen it.post #5149 of 229421/12/12 at 3:13pmQuote:Originally Posted by Get Smart
got in the Doc Marten "langston" boot that was posted about few pages ago...Made in England 8i boot but it's tall, more like a 10i height but with 8 eyelets
I know i've felt this way before so we'll see how I feel in a few months, but I think these are the ideal Docs. Color is a deep dark oxblood similar to the For Lifes. Leather is a hi-polishable type, unlike the For Lifes. It's English made. Doesnt have the yellow stitching around the welt.
After having these for a few months how do these compare to the Mikkel Rude 11i's that you posted about previously. Between the two which would you choose?
Thanks, as always.post #5150 of 229421/13/12 at 3:06amQuote:
Keep those Photos coming.They are filling the "Holes" that have appeared regarding Skinhead/Suedehead wear.Always knew somewhere out there,there would be proof.post #5151 of 229421/13/12 at 3:08ampost #5152 of 229421/13/12 at 3:33ampost #5153 of 229421/13/12 at 5:35amQuote:
I must of missed some thing here, Sleeve less pull overs [ like above ] was worn widespread by 60s skinheads, never used the word slip-overs, don,t remember them worn with Tee shirts though, Proof of another example of region/area differences, Nice one Loempiaveter
Edited by Lasttye - 1/13/12 at 5:57ampost #5154 of 229421/13/12 at 7:45amQuote:
I like the Langston better. for me the darker oxblood color looks better than the more brick red color of the MR, and the leather is much thicker and seems sturdier. also after repeated polishing, the Langstons really take a nice shine and as the leather has started to patina, just looks great. I think it's interesting that tho the Langston is 8i and MR is 11i, the boot shaft is nearly same height, so the Langston is a very tall boot for being 8i.post #5155 of 229421/13/12 at 1:34pmpost #5156 of 229421/13/12 at 1:46pmpost #5157 of 229421/13/12 at 2:35pmpost #5158 of 229421/14/12 at 7:37ampost #5159 of 229421/14/12 at 9:05am
They are from Bunty's video he posted, he deserves all the credit, I was merely point out from something I remember Colin said.Quote:
Just a patch what these northerners like so much isn't it? The guy with the patch has sadly passed away (I remember from someone commenting on another picture of these folks on I think it was pama forum, he also had football patches I don´t know if they are in this photo, the one on his jean jacket?)
- Mod to Suedehead
Styleforum Top Picks
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
Currently, there are 946 Active Users (176 Members and 770 Guests)
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 4 minutes ago
- › Rubber soled shoes 5 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 5 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 6 minutes ago
- › 2016 50 Book Challenge 8 minutes ago
- › Recommend a good paring knife 11 minutes ago
- › Balmoral Boot Porn 17 minutes ago
- › Random food thoughts - Street edition 20 minutes ago
- › BASICALLY GIVING THIS AWAY: Eidos Napoli Tipo Teal/Char-Brown Linen... 21 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?