Would do Roy, But i think the internet is a bit of a no-go for him...ill ask him and see
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:53 am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 7:11 am in Classic Menswear
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Mod to Suedehead - Page 344
Styleforum Top Pickspost #5147 of 207621/11/12 at 3:17pmpost #5148 of 207621/11/12 at 5:19pmQuote:Originally Posted by Man-of-Mystery
Interesting pic, Bunty. The guy on the extreme left shows exactly how ties were knotted in my (uh) neck of the woods* too in '68. I had a pair of those bloody silly square shades in '67 before adopting my signature aviators. The other guy in shades shows the 'mod' take on turn-ups.
These guys are typical of the lads who used to come down from Glasgow to Blackpool for 'Glasgow Fortnight'.
*By 'my neck of the woods' in that context I mean S E London. Back in Blackpool, where I had just left, ties were worn with quite a big knot, but fastened right up to the neck.Quote:Originally Posted by bunty
Photo and text posted on 'The Mod Generation' website by Charles Murphy
'The cool dude with the square shades on is our Fitzy's big brother Edward, this one of the photos from the legendary "Frankie Vaughan And The Easterhouse Gangs" video in '68. They were called "The West Rebels" A cracking photo.'
Nice find bunty!
White t-shirts and slipovers, Colin/Browniecj said it before, but first time i've seen it.post #5149 of 207621/12/12 at 3:13pmQuote:Originally Posted by Get Smart
got in the Doc Marten "langston" boot that was posted about few pages ago...Made in England 8i boot but it's tall, more like a 10i height but with 8 eyelets
I know i've felt this way before so we'll see how I feel in a few months, but I think these are the ideal Docs. Color is a deep dark oxblood similar to the For Lifes. Leather is a hi-polishable type, unlike the For Lifes. It's English made. Doesnt have the yellow stitching around the welt.
After having these for a few months how do these compare to the Mikkel Rude 11i's that you posted about previously. Between the two which would you choose?
Thanks, as always.post #5150 of 207621/13/12 at 3:06amQuote:
Keep those Photos coming.They are filling the "Holes" that have appeared regarding Skinhead/Suedehead wear.Always knew somewhere out there,there would be proof.post #5151 of 207621/13/12 at 3:08ampost #5152 of 207621/13/12 at 3:33ampost #5153 of 207621/13/12 at 5:35amQuote:
I must of missed some thing here, Sleeve less pull overs [ like above ] was worn widespread by 60s skinheads, never used the word slip-overs, don,t remember them worn with Tee shirts though, Proof of another example of region/area differences, Nice one Loempiaveter
Edited by Lasttye - 1/13/12 at 5:57ampost #5154 of 207621/13/12 at 7:45amQuote:
I like the Langston better. for me the darker oxblood color looks better than the more brick red color of the MR, and the leather is much thicker and seems sturdier. also after repeated polishing, the Langstons really take a nice shine and as the leather has started to patina, just looks great. I think it's interesting that tho the Langston is 8i and MR is 11i, the boot shaft is nearly same height, so the Langston is a very tall boot for being 8i.post #5155 of 207621/13/12 at 1:34pmpost #5156 of 207621/13/12 at 1:46pmpost #5157 of 207621/13/12 at 2:35pmpost #5158 of 207621/14/12 at 7:37ampost #5159 of 207621/14/12 at 9:05am
They are from Bunty's video he posted, he deserves all the credit, I was merely point out from something I remember Colin said.Quote:
Just a patch what these northerners like so much isn't it? The guy with the patch has sadly passed away (I remember from someone commenting on another picture of these folks on I think it was pama forum, he also had football patches I don´t know if they are in this photo, the one on his jean jacket?)
- Mod to Suedehead
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Currently, there are 1987 Active Users (461 Members and 1526 Guests)
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 11 seconds ago
- › ***NAPOLISUMISURA PRICE DROPS 5/20/2015***Navy Sport Jacket 3 roll... 42 seconds ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 56 seconds ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › UrbanCompositions's Menswear Compilation 1 minute ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 1 minute ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 1 minute ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 1 minute ago
- › Leather Quality and Properties 1 minute ago
- › LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD 3 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan