Would do Roy, But i think the internet is a bit of a no-go for him...ill ask him and see
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:36 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Mod to Suedehead - Page 344
Styleforum Top Pickspost #5147 of 216021/11/12 at 3:17pmpost #5148 of 216021/11/12 at 5:19pmQuote:Originally Posted by Man-of-Mystery
Interesting pic, Bunty. The guy on the extreme left shows exactly how ties were knotted in my (uh) neck of the woods* too in '68. I had a pair of those bloody silly square shades in '67 before adopting my signature aviators. The other guy in shades shows the 'mod' take on turn-ups.
These guys are typical of the lads who used to come down from Glasgow to Blackpool for 'Glasgow Fortnight'.
*By 'my neck of the woods' in that context I mean S E London. Back in Blackpool, where I had just left, ties were worn with quite a big knot, but fastened right up to the neck.Quote:Originally Posted by bunty
Photo and text posted on 'The Mod Generation' website by Charles Murphy
'The cool dude with the square shades on is our Fitzy's big brother Edward, this one of the photos from the legendary "Frankie Vaughan And The Easterhouse Gangs" video in '68. They were called "The West Rebels" A cracking photo.'
Nice find bunty!
White t-shirts and slipovers, Colin/Browniecj said it before, but first time i've seen it.post #5149 of 216021/12/12 at 3:13pmQuote:Originally Posted by Get Smart
got in the Doc Marten "langston" boot that was posted about few pages ago...Made in England 8i boot but it's tall, more like a 10i height but with 8 eyelets
I know i've felt this way before so we'll see how I feel in a few months, but I think these are the ideal Docs. Color is a deep dark oxblood similar to the For Lifes. Leather is a hi-polishable type, unlike the For Lifes. It's English made. Doesnt have the yellow stitching around the welt.
After having these for a few months how do these compare to the Mikkel Rude 11i's that you posted about previously. Between the two which would you choose?
Thanks, as always.post #5150 of 216021/13/12 at 3:06amQuote:
Keep those Photos coming.They are filling the "Holes" that have appeared regarding Skinhead/Suedehead wear.Always knew somewhere out there,there would be proof.post #5151 of 216021/13/12 at 3:08ampost #5152 of 216021/13/12 at 3:33ampost #5153 of 216021/13/12 at 5:35amQuote:
I must of missed some thing here, Sleeve less pull overs [ like above ] was worn widespread by 60s skinheads, never used the word slip-overs, don,t remember them worn with Tee shirts though, Proof of another example of region/area differences, Nice one Loempiaveter
Edited by Lasttye - 1/13/12 at 5:57ampost #5154 of 216021/13/12 at 7:45amQuote:
I like the Langston better. for me the darker oxblood color looks better than the more brick red color of the MR, and the leather is much thicker and seems sturdier. also after repeated polishing, the Langstons really take a nice shine and as the leather has started to patina, just looks great. I think it's interesting that tho the Langston is 8i and MR is 11i, the boot shaft is nearly same height, so the Langston is a very tall boot for being 8i.post #5155 of 216021/13/12 at 1:34pmpost #5156 of 216021/13/12 at 1:46pmpost #5157 of 216021/13/12 at 2:35pmpost #5158 of 216021/14/12 at 7:37ampost #5159 of 216021/14/12 at 9:05am
They are from Bunty's video he posted, he deserves all the credit, I was merely point out from something I remember Colin said.Quote:
Just a patch what these northerners like so much isn't it? The guy with the patch has sadly passed away (I remember from someone commenting on another picture of these folks on I think it was pama forum, he also had football patches I don´t know if they are in this photo, the one on his jean jacket?)
- Mod to Suedehead
Styleforum Top Picks
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
Currently, there are 1607 Active Users (378 Members and 1229 Guests)
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 6 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 7 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 43 seconds ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › NIKE Thread 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 4 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 5 minutes ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...