or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Mod to Suedehead
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Mod to Suedehead - Page 316

post #4726 of 18763
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Muscle View Post

9" leg opening looks to me really baggy, also it swings aroung ankles when worn with turn-ups. So no jeans fit like the guy on the left? 530

These Lads look 80s Skinheads ?? Jeans are to tight smile.gif
post #4727 of 18763
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man-of-Mystery View Post

You would. In fact you may. biggrin.gif
.

It was a friendly correction: with a smile...
post #4728 of 18763
Kit that was not seen that much on Original Skinheads was the Blazer, I had one, looked brill with White Stapress...and Red socks smile.gif
post #4729 of 18763
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasttye View Post

Kit that was not seen that much on Original Skinheads was the Blazer, I had one, looked brill with White Stapress...and Red socks smile.gif

can you clarify what you mean by "blazer"? that word has undergone a variety of meanings over the years

you mean a traditional navy blazer with metal brass buttons? Or just a separate sportjacket?
post #4730 of 18763
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Muscle View Post

9" leg opening looks to me really baggy, also it swings aroung ankles when worn with turn-ups. So no jeans fit like the guy on the left? 530

would depend on how skinny one is. for me a 8" - 8.5" max bottom is just right for looking straight legged. 9" tends to look almost flared on me. the 80s skinhead look I grew up with is def tight jeans!! Looking back, not a good look, too tight. But I used to think the image on Condemned 84 "boots go marching in" was the bees knees, and the standard to live up to haha!!
post #4731 of 18763
Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Smart View Post

can you clarify what you mean by "blazer"? that word has undergone a variety of meanings over the years
you mean a traditional navy blazer with metal brass buttons? Or just a separate sportjacket?

Yes traditional navy or black with black or brass buttons, mine had black buttons as my current blazer has, Also looked nice with the Ice Blue Levi Staprest .
post #4732 of 18763
Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Smart View Post

would depend on how skinny one is. for me a 8" - 8.5" max bottom is just right for looking straight legged. 9" tends to look almost flared on me. the 80s skinhead look I grew up with is def tight jeans!! Looking back, not a good look, too tight. But I used to think the image on Condemned 84 "boots go marching in" was the bees knees, and the standard to live up to haha!!

Tight jeans look awful and so 70s Punk.biggrin.gif
post #4733 of 18763
Yeah, I'm not a fan of the tight jeans but I can't wear the 9" bottoms because they look too big (at least to me). The kid on the right looks ok to me fit-wise, but those pant legs are too short for me.
post #4734 of 18763
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasttye View Post

Yes traditional navy or black with black or brass buttons, mine had black buttons as my current blazer has, Also looked nice with the Ice Blue Levi Staprest .

see I find this stuff really fascinating, going back to the topic of "long lost skinhead style". teacha.gif

You'd never see or hear about today's skinhead wearing an ivy-style blazer.
post #4735 of 18763
Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Smart View Post

see I find this stuff really fascinating, going back to the topic of "long lost skinhead style". teacha.gif
You'd never see or hear about today's skinhead wearing an ivy-style blazer.


I have seen some present day Skinheads wearing Blazers, Noddy who gets on here and Coatsey from Bristol, and Myself,

211569_741283848_793089_n.jpg
post #4736 of 18763
smart as fuck for sure Roy ^^^

gotta say the one thing I appreciate about your pics from 'dos is that when you get suited up you wear a Tie. You never see the other "traditional skinheads" ever wearing a tie these days
post #4737 of 18763
Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Smart View Post

smart as fuck for sure Roy ^^^
gotta say the one thing I appreciate about your pics from 'dos is that when you get suited up you wear a Tie. You never see the other "traditional skinheads" ever wearing a tie these days

Thanks Jason, I see some Skinheads wearing ties at present day Doo's ... but not many, The thing is most wear loud check shirts with suits, so wearing a tie with a more casual shirt don't go.
I think with us originals we just copied our Dads and Mod Brothers as they always wore a tie with a suit, we just carried this on ..not knowing any different.

One other thing Original Skinheads wore Plain, Stripes, and Check shirts, These days the vast majority of skinheads only wear check shirts for some reason, Most my shirts are Plain and Striped.

I just could not wear a suit without a tie.
post #4738 of 18763
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasttye View Post

I have seen some present day Skinheads wearing Blazers, Noddy who gets on here and Coatsey from Bristol, and Myself,
211569_741283848_793089_n.jpg

I have a black blazer with three gold buttons. Centre vent. Looks the nuts.

Do you ever remember a football patch ever worn on the pocket, or even under the pocket on a crombie. Or was this more a northern thing Roy.
post #4739 of 18763
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrysgame View Post

I have a black blazer with three gold buttons. Centre vent. Looks the nuts.
Do you ever remember a football patch ever worn on the pocket, or even under the pocket on a crombie. Or was this more a northern thing Roy.

Mine is the similar to yours Alan, also got a ticket pocket , have seen John the Upsetter wearing a blazer think he had a Arsenal Badge on the top pocket,

No i never saw any skinheads in London wearing any type of badge on the top pocket.
Edited by Lasttye - 12/14/11 at 3:28pm
post #4740 of 18763
I think a Blazer is a must for any wardrobe, can be worn with Trousers, Jeans , Cords, Staprest, with or without a tie. any patten shirt, even a Fred Perry or John Smedley... such a versatile bit of clobber.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Mod to Suedehead